in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-03-2009 4:31 PM by stefan. 57 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2009 5:19 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Re: Up and Running

right we can see how it looks when you are playing an album but i woudl love to see how it looks when you scross through all availible albums do you see album art then, is is bigger then beomedia?

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-31-2009 12:28 AM In reply to

Hello Sean, Unfortunantely I now have installed also the BS5 and then you actually cant browse via the TV in n.music. I am also travelling away for one week and my wife isn´t so superduper interested as i am. when i,m coming back i can disconnect the BS5 and try to do some different pictures or put up some movie on Youtube.

I can summarize this litte thread that saying that the sound processed by the BM5 is quit marvellous. Its much better than i expected even though i have two BL8000 wich are rather old.

See you later, ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 01-31-2009 3:53 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

IngvarW:

Hello Sean, Unfortunantely I now have installed also the BS5 and then you actually cant browse via the TV in n.music. I am also travelling away for one week and my wife isn´t so superduper interested as i am. when i,m coming back i can disconnect the BS5 and try to do some different pictures or put up some movie on Youtube.

I can summarize this litte thread that saying that the sound processed by the BM5 is quit marvellous. Its much better than i expected even though i have two BL8000 wich are rather old.

See you later, ingvar

hi thaks for the update, i was sure you could still use n.nusic on the tv by using PC mode, bit bad if once you have connecte bs5 you can no longer use the tv to view.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-31-2009 4:01 AM In reply to

Dealer mentionned a software update to be released in April/May that will bring back list mode.

p.

• 02-01-2009 8:17 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

seanklemis:

IngvarW:

See you later, ingvar

hi thaks for the update, i was sure you could still use n.nusic on the tv by using PC mode, bit bad if once you have connecte bs5 you can no longer use the tv to view.

You can use N.MUSIC and N.RADIO on your Beovision in PC mode, but you will only have the track(station)/info view . It is only possible to change track/station by arrow up/down. Volume control on BS5 is NOT working in PC mode. And as said before, no link-tv support........

Struer says, update will come in 6-8 months.

Stefan

• 02-01-2009 8:27 AM In reply to

stefan:

You can use N.MUSIC and N.RADIO on your Beovision in PC mode, but you will only have the track(station)/info view . It is only possible to change track/station by arrow up/down. Volume control on BS5 is NOT working in PC mode. And as said before, no link-tv support........

Struer says, update will come in 6-8 months.

Saw the product on Friday, and my dealer also explained that to me. It is a scandal that Struer dares to sell an unfinished, unusable product... Browsing 1000 songs on the Beomaster 5 screen by just Arrow Up and Down... ridiculous.

As I said in another thread, there is only 4 playlists (the 4 colour buttons), the numbered playlists have disappeared and been transformed into 100 MOTS seeds, so in fact they can only contain 1 song each.

Also you cannot sort by Artist/Genre/Album from the remote as the colour buttons are now used by the playlists. Totally ridiculous.

I like the product, but not with this software.

My dealer expects the update for april/may.

• 02-01-2009 12:55 PM In reply to

I had feared something like this would happen, that the product would be marketed in a half finished state... I guess the reason for rushing this product to market in this state is B&Os current desperate need for cashflow. I understand this as a shareholder, but as a consumer and potential customer for the BS5 I would not dare buy it until in functions properly (which, of course, includes full useability via the TV menu and link room control). I'm acutally surprised B&O haven't fixed these things - I'm not an ingeneer but would assume it's not rocket science....

• 02-01-2009 1:14 PM In reply to

Could anyone please let me know whether BS5 is capable of:

1) Fast forward/rewind within a track (not a necessity but probably nice to have).

2) When choosing a specific track on an album (rather than the whole album), whether you can (easily) disable MOTS in order for the to BS5 to proceed to the next track on the album rather than doing MOTS on the selected track (in other words, whether BS4 can operate like an old fashioned CD player which would play tracks 4-12 if for example you inserted a CD with 12 tracks and pressed "4").

• 02-01-2009 4:09 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Søren, sadly I must answer both questions with no.

Fast forward/rewind is announced for the next update.

Afaik there is no function "disable MOTS". When I select a specific track, it will be played, and the next one is "MOTS selected".

Stefan

• 02-01-2009 4:29 PM In reply to

As an early adopter I really like it. My humble needs are about having nice good music from a nice looking product. I guess when I have used it more than the one hour (as for today) I can give you more of the hands-on experience.

When you have the BS5 in the same room as your TV I guess B&O assume that you as number one use the BS5 for navigation and not the TV but on the other hand it was fun to navigate via the TV even tough I don´t think that will ever be so easy as via the BS5.

I also look forward to get software updates, it will be fun to test how it process the update function.

So far the product have worked fine and I feel it much more stable than the earlier BeoPort that I have used.

We will see if I will feel as an genius after owning it for a year, as one customer said about beeing an B&O-user.

See ya Ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 02-01-2009 7:43 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Eee, I'm glad I have an old fashioned Beoport!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-02-2009 6:50 AM In reply to

Well, the BS5 is clearly not a finished product, sadly.

I've been demonstrated the MOTS feature twice, and both times is did not work as it's supposed too. Or is it supposed to go from classical piano to hard rock?

Both times. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-02-2009 8:24 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Again, only one day with real time to experiment....

Andreas, during that demonstration, was the dealer using only the pre-loaded music on the BM-5, or has he already begun adding more?  The 'Demo' units come with 800 tracks on them, and very little (that I've found so far) is classical or orchestral.  Remember that MOTS is designed to find the 70 'closest' songs to the seed track.  But it must find 70.  'Closest' in it's strictest sense isn't helpful with so limited a sample. 

Just asking.  The pop song I seeded yesterday worked out OK, but not great...not a lot of acoustic rock with female vocals in the library either, though.

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 02-02-2009 9:44 AM In reply to

Russ, I don't know.

Probably, if there was no rock in it to begin with?

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-02-2009 10:22 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

bayerische:

I've been demonstrated the MOTS feature twice, and both times is did not work as it's supposed too. Or is it supposed to go from classical piano to hard rock?

Both times. 

Did you look tired? Perhaps the system saw you with its integrated camera and wanted to wake you up a little bit Wink
    Just kidding; I'm awaiting mine in a few weeks and as I read those threads I think they should integrate "classic" functions like "Repeat, Repeat 1, Shuffle/Random etc., too.

Or - like on the Beo 5 - great people like Keith find out a way to manipulate the B&O software on the Windows-mainunit to "edit" the system to work like we wish :-)

• 02-02-2009 10:34 AM In reply to

Haha, maybe I was tired Big Smile

-Andreas

• 02-02-2009 11:27 AM In reply to

Well I'm up and running too. 

Picked my BS5 up from my dealer this evening and opted to have a go myself at setting it up.

Just about there with the set-up and I'll post a review once I've got it liked.

I'm just backing up the 22Gb of tracks that are pre-installed before deleting them and putting my own stuff off.

In summary, quite tricky to install, the manuals are a joke (for installation) and I'm not sure whether it is a blessing or not to have it integrated with your TV.

More to come......

10%

• 02-02-2009 11:40 AM In reply to

Hello Mr10. I will gladly help you if you need it. I have Vista on my Beoplayer computer and that is connected via a router to the BM5. The BP shall find the BM5 on the net but there have been problem in other installations with the Vista firewall. One good thing is if you can see what IP-nr the BM5 gets from your router.

At one point the BP or Vista put a lot of crap in the name for user to connect to BM5. When i resolved that there was no problem. In the BM5 installatione mode you can change the resolution for your TV. Put in an USB keyboard to the service USB connection on the BM5. Perhaps you already have found the BM1 installation guide to do it. Othervise its here on a link somewhere.

Good Luck, ingvar

• 02-02-2009 11:41 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Congratulatuons and good luck. 

The BS5 customer configuration menu is: MODE - SETTINGS - right - left - right - left - GO.

Stefan

• 02-02-2009 11:48 AM In reply to

Stefan what do you think about the sound Quality? Have you compared it to other B&O stuff in your home? I earlier had a BS9000 and I think the BM5 quite easy outshine that one even if its not a bad product ofcourse. I haven´t done any serious listening in the shop so this was a good experience.

I have BL8000 connected.

Brgds Ingvar

• 02-02-2009 12:11 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

I have a BS9000 too. So the BS5 is configured as "no audio master". That means in NMUSIC mode the sound is distributed via masterlink to my BV7 and link. I can`t use the digital output for my BL5s. Digital output is working in PC mode only. I hope, Beo is working on that too.

When I listen to lossless music, I can hear no difference to CD quality. 

Stefan

• 02-02-2009 12:22 PM In reply to

Thanks Ingvar,

However, I am up and running. A few issues with the numerous B&O idiosyncricities but all appear to be overcome.

I'm busy loading-up my music and it's bedtime here so I'll leave it run over-night.

Thanks again.

10%

• 02-02-2009 12:39 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

22GB preinstalled music? Wow, these are some days of listening ... :-)

Does every Beosound 5 come with music preinstalled?

Does anybody know if you can manualy(!) add internetradio stations?

How do you copy your music to the system? Via Lan/Ethernet?

I'm planning to re-rip my entire CD Collection to WAV (because this is REAL losless, it's like CD RAW-Data). Will it play wav  files? I hope 500GB is enough for ca. 250 CDs.

• 02-02-2009 1:10 PM In reply to

In my BM5 there were not so many tunes, I haven´t checked how much of the harddrive that was occupied. I guess the operating system also will allocate place.

Yes you copy your music via the home lan/ethernet from a computer with Beoplayer 5.00.

500 GB shall be enough, depends a little on how high quality you load. With Beoplayer as the ripping software I think 500GB will accept many more CDs than 250. Somebody told me you can download music in even better quality, (and bigger files)

The other question about internetradio I cant answer but I can say that there is hundreds of preloaded stations.

Brgds Ingvar

• 02-02-2009 1:14 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

But there ARE preinstalled tunes on every Beosound 5?

Is Beoplayer 5.x required to copy the data? Doesn't it work simply via network transfer (e.g. with Apple Finder or Windows Explorer)?

Can any of the new owners confirm a pricedrop!?

I'm gonna rip it with iTunes as a standard wav-file in CD format: 44,1kHz, 16bit, Stereo. It's ten times bigger than the same file as MP3 but it is TRUE losless :-)

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >