in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-08-2009 1:28 PM by nmartin771. 117 replies.
Page 4 of 5 (118 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2009 5:57 PM In reply to

Re: We all share the same passion!

nmartin771:

another one

Nice shot Martin! I really like the look of your Beovision 1 here. Very nice :)

D3 is a great camera too - I'm jealous. 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-09-2009 6:01 PM In reply to

Absolutely unbelievable camera !

It is shame that is not mine Sad

Almighty D3 belongs to my friend on the picure....

I'm still with Leica Wink 

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-09-2009 6:03 PM In reply to

Alex:

Very nice - a BeoSystem 6000 or 8000 is something I would love to own but simply don't have the space and/or money! I already have far too much hifi as it is and I'm going to be in student accommodation within the year.

Is that the stock D60 lens? Surprising presence of Bokeh which I wouldn't expect from a 'basic' lens if that's what it is - my D50 lens (which is the basic stock model) doesn't produce anything near as much Bokeh as that!

I have both Alex - you need the space, trust me!

Do you know what university you're going to yet (I suppose it depends on how you do)? If you need any advice on anything, give me a shout. I'm in my first-year of medicine at Sheffield at the age of 29. Was there 10 years ago as a fresh-faced 19 year old when I took my Politics degree. You'll have fun wherever you go and whatever you do, no doubt. No room for Beolab 8000 systems in halls though!

Yes, it's the stock D60 lens. I took this with the VR off, using a tripod and remote.  

• 01-09-2009 6:11 PM In reply to

nmartin771:

Find B&O on this picture Smile

Beocom 1600/2400 on the right? I have a 1600 myself, and it's completely useless since I have no land line! Big Smile

-mika

• 01-09-2009 6:18 PM In reply to

tournedos:
    nmartin771:

Beocom 1600/2400 on the right? I have a 1600 myself, and it's completely useless since I have no land line! Big Smile

Yes -  thumbs up  Beocom 2500

Like the phone very much even if I use him only when my mother in low call me Smile 

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-09-2009 6:32 PM In reply to

Space?

Well it looks great and sounds great so the space is ok with me!

• 01-09-2009 6:48 PM In reply to

Reminds me of my student days Wink

Nice peace of equipment !

• 01-09-2009 6:53 PM In reply to

Friedmett - you need to see the space in British halls of residence. Not enough room for a 5000/5500/6500/7000 stacking system in some of them!! One thing though - you need longer cables so you can hide the cable runs!

One last photo I took on the D60 (looking at this, I think the image sensor needs cleaning):

• 01-09-2009 7:14 PM In reply to

Hi,

Nice detail shots John!

Yes more photos please, a pleasure to see all your setups, and yes especially vintage ones in todays homes...

Laurence. 

• 01-09-2009 7:37 PM In reply to

soundchoice70:

Hi,

Nice detail shots John!

Yes more photos please, a pleasure to see all your setups, and yes especially vintage ones in todays homes...

Laurence. 

Yep - let's have some more. Have got a 100% mint Beolit 609 in my bathroom that I might shoot tomorrow.

• 01-09-2009 9:26 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

nmartin771:
    tournedos:
    nmartin771:

Like the phone very much even if I use him only when my mother in low call me Smile 

nmartin, i have to say again it looks great, i'm inspired by the lighting, which what really makes the space natural, i would really get BL4000's wall mounted rather than 8000's, i think the 8000's would clutter the place up and i personally prefer the balance of sound from the 4000's in a small space

I've always liked the 2500/1600 phone, the design is fabulous 

PS you bought your BC1 from the same time and place as i did :) - do you know if it's compatible with the Beo 1? If so, i have one laying around going to waste because mine is the newer BC1

I wish i could post pictures of my Beo, cos it looks nice (very 2001 era) but the pictures i have are taken on the serene which looks blurry! :(

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-09-2009 9:47 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Friedmett:

Space?

Well it looks great and sounds great so the space is ok with me!

You have SO much nice B&O!! Is the BM8000 in use? 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-10-2009 2:04 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:
    Alex:

Very nice - a BeoSystem 6000 or 8000 is something I would love to own but simply don't have the space and/or money! I already have far too much hifi as it is and I'm going to be in student accommodation within the year.

Is that the stock D60 lens? Surprising presence of Bokeh which I wouldn't expect from a 'basic' lens if that's what it is - my D50 lens (which is the basic stock model) doesn't produce anything near as much Bokeh as that!

I have both Alex - you need the space, trust me!

Do you know what university you're going to yet (I suppose it depends on how you do)? If you need any advice on anything, give me a shout. I'm in my first-year of medicine at Sheffield at the age of 29. Was there 10 years ago as a fresh-faced 19 year old when I took my Politics degree. You'll have fun wherever you go and whatever you do, no doubt. No room for Beolab 8000 systems in halls though!

Yes, it's the stock D60 lens. I took this with the VR off, using a tripod and remote.  

I'm going to be in Cardiff studying Creative Music Tech - can't wait!

As for the system, I'll be taking a Rotel RSX 1055, 4 x B&W DM303s and a B&W LCR3 with me, which is probably more than enough!Stick out tongue

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-10-2009 2:08 AM In reply to

Dave:
    nmartin771:
    tournedos:
    nmartin771:

nmartin, i have to say again it looks great, i'm inspired by the lighting, which what really makes the space natural, i would really get BL4000's wall mounted rather than 8000's, i think the 8000's would clutter the place up and i personally prefer the balance of sound from the 4000's in a small space

I've always liked the 2500/1600 phone, the design is fabulous 

PS you bought your BC1 from the same time and place as i did :) - do you know if it's compatible with the Beo 1? If so, i have one laying around going to waste because mine is the newer BC1

I wish i could post pictures of my Beo, cos it looks nice (very 2001 era) but the pictures i have are taken on the serene which looks blurry! :(

Thank you Dave, if you have some dilemma about your lighting I can suggest you what to do....

Yes we bought BC1 same time, but I think it is same age.... therefore I think mine also not responding to beo 1 ...  

All I can say it is fantastic TV !

And for the bl4000, now it is over .... I'm waiting for bl8000 Smile

• 01-10-2009 5:16 AM In reply to

This is always nice to look at Smile

(and hides the lack of space around...)

-mika

• 01-10-2009 7:41 AM In reply to

Alex:

As for the system, I'll be taking a Rotel RSX 1055, 4 x B&W DM303s and a B&W LCR3 with me, which is probably more than enough!Stick out tongue

You'll have a great time Alex - oh to be 18 again! 

• 01-10-2009 7:42 AM In reply to

tournedos:

This is always nice to look at Smile

(and hides the lack of space around...)

Nice shot! I have a 4002 - should take a photo of the tone arm sometime :) 

• 01-10-2009 9:11 AM In reply to

Yes my Beomaster 8000 is being used on a daily basis. It does a great job and I do love the Beolab 8000 system.

Maybe I write to much about my 6000 units but my love is divided between the 2 systems + extra stuff that has been comming up during the years.

Living with a newly serviced Beolab 8000 system is actually very cool. It's still the king of systems for sure. Easy to use, way ahead of its time and a timeless design. The time and money used is well spend. I only had the BC9000 to begin with. Then located the rest one by one. My former 2000 system took 2-3 weeks and was really not planned. The missing units came up and I went for it.

There is just more to a Beolab 8000 system than the 2000 and that is service is way more complicated. It started with BG8002, then BM8000, CDX and then BC9000 to Dillen. CDX had the broken hinge and Medogsfat helped me out (thank's again Chris!).The only thing that was ok was the Beovox M150 speakers.

Now it's just pleasure time. It's in top form, together and that's basically it.

• 01-10-2009 7:27 PM In reply to

j0hnbarker:
    Alex:

Oh to be 29 again!!!

• 01-11-2009 6:48 AM In reply to

The_Beonic_Man:
    j0hnbarker:
    Alex:

Oh to be 29 again!!!

Ha ha ha ha! :) 

• 01-11-2009 12:46 PM In reply to

Here's a few images from my setup.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-11-2009 12:58 PM In reply to

At the firs sight I didn't notice reflection in your BS9000 Yes -  thumbs up GREAT !

bl 5 is my desire, but out of my reach for now !

Did you bought used or new ?

• 01-13-2009 2:01 AM In reply to

Friedmett is this your bedroom? I think, but I'm not sure, I see the edge possibly of a bed in there. Laughing
  • 01-13-2009 2:06 AM In reply to

That's a beautiful picture. I've never, ever seen a Beogram 6000. I have three 4002's, & a 4000 that I'm restoring. I'm currently keeping my eyes peeled for a Beomaster 4400 per Peter's recommendation.
  • 01-14-2009 6:11 AM In reply to

This is perhaps getting a bit too obscure... (sorry Mikkis, I borrowed your BC9500 Wink )

-mika

Page 4 of 5 (118 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >