in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-06-2008 11:59 PM by guillaume. 85 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (86 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2008 10:16 AM

BeoSound 5 price this can not be true?

Can this be true taht the new BeoSound 5 will cost 5.990,-€ as the information from my dealer. This is really a lot of money and I am asking myself who can afford this machine?
  • 11-01-2008 10:48 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 5 price this can not be true?

Well maybe they figure as most people lost 30% of their stock portfolios over the last weeks 6000 is not that much.

I am not sure if that us true or not, around 5000 was posted before .

What surprises me that google has now 30K "Beosound 5" hits after the engadget article. Did we see an increase in traffic here? Once one of these Blogs has a story hundreds seem to cross post.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 11-01-2008 10:52 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Trust me there are quite alot that will buy this. However the price (if real) is totally crazyHmm

Best regards

Spiros

• 11-01-2008 2:49 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The BeoSound 5 is high-end! It's not a direct replacement for the BeoMedia; the BeoMaster 5 is, which is part of the BeoSound 5 package. The BeoSound 5 package is much more than just another a mediacenter - it's a BeoSound.

If you find the price of a BeoSound 5 ridiculous, then you should also find the price of the BeoSound 4, BeoSound 3200, BeoSound 9000 and BeoCenter 2 completely ridiculous...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-01-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

spirost:
    Trust me there are quite alot that will buy this. However the price (if real) is totally crazyHmm

Considering it is like buying 2 products, both of them being computers, I am not completely astonished by the price.

What is first important to me is that it is a real B&O product, with a timeless design, ease of use, integration, etc... On top of this I am hoping that this will be the first product incorporating the new digital ML, opening the way for many new features.

What I don't like is when they overcharge outdated technology or rebranded kikinoko. 

p.

• 11-01-2008 3:06 PM In reply to

For me the price is high, but I have to see what BeoSound 5 is offering and will perhaps then understand why it is so expensive.
  • 11-01-2008 3:06 PM In reply to

For me the price is high, but I have to see what BeoSound 5 is offering and will perhaps then understand why it is so expensive.
  • 11-01-2008 3:21 PM In reply to

Other people here have posted that it would be 30000 DKK which is around 4000 Euro, 5000 was rumored.

They must have had significant budget over run giving all the delays, so maybe they had to bump it up.

I personally think they need to be careful pricing this right, especially since it comes initially without a 2 way remote (and there may never be one like there is no software for beo 5 programming for do it yourself). 

For judging the price, we know very little about how well it works.

For example: how do they apply MOTS? Is it sing by song or does it try to find a matching album? If it is song by song, does it suggest the next matching song when I choose it? Can I built a playlist on the fly and then just have that play? Does it have a continues auto selection mode? 

I think a lot depends really how they implement these feature and looking at the BC 2 MK1, Press Go Go anyone? They were not very tackling the user interaction or recognizing the importance.

I swear to god, in one of my demos when I played with it in store I thought it was broken because I couldnt navigate the DVD menue and the sales rep was new. I mean, how thinks one must push Go twice to play a DVD?

So that said it could be worth 10K, it could be worth nothing depending how they implement the feature and how much they learned over the years.

• 11-01-2008 3:30 PM In reply to

jk1002:
    since it comes initially without a 2 way remote

I have learned that the Beosound 5 screen is made to be used from a distance with the remote.... 

I am still wondering if the whole screen can be detached from its base or not... beomaster 5 has wifi to connect to the PC for music transfer, so it could be that the beomaster 5 and beosound 5 can communicate remotely... time will tell...

• 11-01-2008 5:10 PM In reply to

You can't take the screen off. That was confirmed earlier by people who saw it in flesh. I was hoping for that especially since that was part of the design concept that was discussed in a magazine article some time back. 

A 2 way remote is supposed to come down the line, that was posted here.

• 11-02-2008 2:08 AM In reply to

So let me get this straight. Beosound 5 is the media controller while the Beomaster 5 is the brain? So After shelling out 5000 euro for the controller I still have to shell our for another 5000 for the brain? Well it better be good, and it better have all the high end features. Or it is so not selling, I mean come on! An LCD touchscreen for 5000? And it doesn't even look 5000, it looks more like 2000. I don't think that dial add on justifies the 4500. Technology isn't that expensive nowadays, it is mainly the shell we are paying for. 

So is the Beosound 5 really just a media controller? 

• 11-02-2008 3:01 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

wonderfulelectric:

--- I mean come on! An LCD touchscreen for 5000? And it doesn't even look 5000, it looks more like 2000. I don't think that dial add on justifies the 4500. Technology isn't that expensive nowadays, it is mainly the shell we are paying for. 

So is the Beosound 5 really just a media controller? 

:-) its not a touchscreen its a normal screen ! Would be to expensive for Bno ! I think any chinese panel with some wheels----

• 11-02-2008 4:33 AM In reply to

• misled
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 66
    • Bronze Member

5000 euro for the beosound 5 and beomaster 5 is true. example beosound 4 and beomedia 1 are over 4000 euro too. i think 1000 euro for a big sreen is good!!!

BVision10-46,BLab11,BSound5,BMaster5,BLab8000,BLab6000,BLab2500,BCom5,BCom6000,BeoTime,BeoPort,Beo4,Beo5

• 11-02-2008 4:55 AM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

The BS 5 is only digital.

No mechanical parts (générally expensive) it's only a computer.

The development cost is expensive but after the product is cheap to produce.

It's a BO price Laughing

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 11-02-2008 5:09 AM In reply to

• misled
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 66
    • Bronze Member

the beosound 5 has 5 YEARS of work. the technics and programing is all b&o!!!!!!!!!

BVision10-46,BLab11,BSound5,BMaster5,BLab8000,BLab6000,BLab2500,BCom5,BCom6000,BeoTime,BeoPort,Beo4,Beo5

• 11-02-2008 7:27 AM In reply to

misled:
    the beosound 5 has 5 YEARS of work. the technics and programing is all b&o!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but in today´s world I wouldn´t speak this fact out so loud.

This isn´t really flattering, neither for the product, nor the company, especially since there still seem to be big software related problems. Or why do you think there will only be some shop floor models until march 09 at least (Let´s hope they get them fixed)? Imho it just shows that something went majorly wrong in Struer for the last years.

Kind regards, beoberlin 

• 11-02-2008 7:31 AM In reply to

price in Holland (according to official pricelist) is € 4.825,00 for BS 5 + BM5 together. 
    Just because it's mellow it doesn't mean it's less evil....
  • 11-02-2008 7:57 AM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

Since when have B&O been known for their programming prowess? Five years for this kind of software – that is a very slow turnaround. I hope it is good – I really want one but in this financial climate and at that price?
  • 11-02-2008 8:13 AM In reply to

Oh cool so it's priced together. But what is the BM5? A hard disk recorder/ manager with a built in ripper of some sort?
  • 11-02-2008 8:38 AM In reply to

It is important to keep in mind the dynamic and changing nature of digital media during BS5's development.  I'm sure that B&O not only wanted to achieve their own stylish and satisfying interface, but also to be future-compatible/upgradeable to what anyone's vision could see to where digital media is evolving.  And feedback/frustration with Beomedia certainly contributed to this process.

My take on BS5: It's obvious that there is a base desire for people to interact with their music and images along with the (let's call it) "cover art" I'm sure the  attraction of special edition CD & DVD/blu ray compilations reveal how much all of us "want more" about our favorite music and videos.

Whether Vinyl coverrs or CD/DVD crystal cases, the expositive information is essential to one's enhanced enjoyment, IMHO.

I like to think of this as with sports cars: You may engineer the finest and fast auto-transmission, but for those who value the proprioceptive *driving* experience, there is no substitute for a stick shift and clutch pedal.

Barry

• 11-02-2008 2:11 PM In reply to

I also think those 5 years are including the development of a future-proof digital ML replacement... 
  • 11-02-2008 2:21 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

That's not too bad for a B&O product, although saying that these days the cost of B&O has dramatically gone up beyond my wage rises so it's not like I'd be buying one anytime soon [:'(]

Am sure it'll fly off the shelf, as B&O has definatelly gone into the realms of if you have to ask the price then you can't afford it.

I just hope it does have the new ML in it - somehow I think that and 2 way remote will be quite a wait. Unsure

• 11-02-2008 6:57 PM In reply to

I was told it would be around $AU 8,500.00 at my local B&O store on the weekend....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-03-2008 2:51 AM In reply to

Hmm, I wonder if there will be two prices.

Have been told that there are two sections. The back end which includes 500GB hard disk and can be connected to TV or monitor so you can navigate on your TV and also browse the web and show pictures but no movies.

The front end which has the screen and wheel sections.

Can be sold separately!

Russ

• 11-03-2008 4:10 AM In reply to

No, BM5  is actually a (sort of) Beomedia II
    Just because it's mellow it doesn't mean it's less evil....
Page 1 of 4 (86 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >