in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-14-2008 2:33 PM by soundproof. 270 replies.
Page 9 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2008 7:33 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoSound 5 Photos

Tomaz's pictures are never real:  but on occasion they are better than real.  Anyone remember 'his' BeoLab 9's?

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 10-10-2008 8:25 PM In reply to

Different guy I would think. He has just 2 postings, one in german answering a feature question on BS5 and then the remote here.

I just would want a solid 2 way remote to go with it and I start saving ......@ Trip English , since you obviously have inside scoop please do not comment on the remote. That way I can live with the illusion a little longer if it doesn't pan out.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-11-2008 12:02 AM In reply to

Ah, the remote. All I'll say is that its likeness to male privates give it a nearly 100% chance of being produced.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 10-11-2008 1:46 AM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

TripEnglish:

Ah, the remote. All I'll say is that its likeness to male privates give it a nearly 100% chance of being produced.  

LOL TripEng. , it took me some time to get it Big Smile,dude what a "clear mind" you have ,haven't seen this analogy before....

I remember to have read somewhere ,that the WAF - (women’s acceptance factor) is at high priority . ,thus its even more obvious that this could be true, 100% chance.

aha found, here we go...

"...the Danish electronics giant is a prime producer of big boys’ toys. “No, no, no,” says Torben Sorensen, B&O’s affable ( EX )chief executive, aghast at my stereotyping. “More than 50% of the buying decisions are made by women. She decides what goes in the sitting room. When we design a product, we have something called WAF – women’s acceptance factor. ....."

source [ http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/movers_and_shakers/article3136566.ece ]

TT

• 10-11-2008 9:17 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

I think Trip refers to an apparent common theme between your remote Tomaz, the Beo1, and the BeoCom 2.  Many have wondered about those 'objects' since their inception.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 10-11-2008 10:20 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Ummm hello why do i love B&o so much?? The phallic designs to me are a dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Smile

WAF = phallus  HAHAHAHA eww 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-11-2008 11:57 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Dave:

Ummm hello why do i love B&o so much?? The phallic designs to me are a dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Smile

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-11-2008 11:58 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

seanklemis:
    Dave:

NO WAF in my house either david, u can be the W in my WAF lol

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-11-2008 1:21 PM In reply to

Sorry!

Now it works. Beosound 5:

• 10-11-2008 1:23 PM In reply to

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 10-11-2008 1:29 PM In reply to

Thanks man, nice photo! Curious how it sticks to the wall, is it a vacuum system? If so that would be a bit scary no?
  • 10-11-2008 1:44 PM In reply to

• astrauch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Saarbrücken, Germany
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Wow! That looks nice!
  • 10-11-2008 1:53 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

Thank´s Balou! Look´s nice, looking forward to see and try it november 14 at the speciel event I`ve been invited to. Just wondering for how long the PR department will keep it secret with this picture out.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 10-11-2008 5:17 PM In reply to

• beoben
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for the nice photo baolu!

Do you know if i can use the BS 5 together with my BS 9000 and my BV 9 together in one room?

I want a BV 10

• 10-11-2008 5:23 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Thanks for the great picture !

Smile

• 10-11-2008 5:58 PM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Yeah, Yes -  thumbs up

Thanks a lot but... it seems very small !

Smaller than the other BeoSound (BeoSound 4 & BeoSound 3200).

Finally... why not ! Wink

• 10-11-2008 8:43 PM In reply to

You know, thinking about it, this head unit should only have a power cable to power the LCD.

The control of songs etc... can be done purely and most simply by bluetooth to the master unit. No signal degredation of the music.

I would also find it suprising that the screen could not become a portable tablet (it's small enough) provided the base had a recharger in it and the LCD a battery.

Intriguing.

10%

• 10-11-2008 9:25 PM In reply to

>>Intriguing.<<

The original design concept that was mentioned in the article I posted here was supposed to be a handheld. I am still hoping that those 2 wheels are some sort of release switch.

I doubt that at this point even though the product would make so much more sense to me. Maybe I am not warming up to it as I have no space to put it.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-12-2008 12:00 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

I love the wild-fire nature of speculation running rampant here, particularly as the photos get better....

I feel certain that someone in Denmark beat us to the conclusion that a vacuum based attachment system was 'scary', so I'm willing to gamble a reasonable sum that the attachment is something different.

In other speculative threads on this very topic, sources which have seen the device intimate that there are 3 wheels on the device, all of which are controls of some kind...which leave none left over to be a 'release toggle'. 

Having blown my daily allotment of sarcasm, let me at least offer some speculation of my own for consideration....

I've felt the power of the magnet which holds a BeoCom 2 in its charger, so I can well imagine that a similar magnet, paired with a small 'lip' and perhaps an alignment tab would serve to hold the tablet on the pedestal, if indeed it detaches at all, a fact not as yet in evidence.

As for the odd looking toggle/tab wheel on the device...am I the only one noticing that in all of the photos, it seems to line up with that strange blue glow towards the left of the screen?

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 10-12-2008 1:49 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Maybe the second wheel is "hidden" and matching with the blue line you noticed.

I think of a device similar to the BC2 volume control wheel.

Good sunday for everybody,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 10-12-2008 1:55 AM In reply to

Yes I see the little tab on the pictures...

It was said one wheel selects the source, one wheel selects the volume and one wheel selects the song in the playlist. So it could be that the tab is aligned to the dot is the wheel that selects the source... but I doubt as what would happen when you take your remote control then...

Also we know that it is not a touch screen, so if the tab is a release button, I suppose the front wheel comes with the screen, so that you can control it when it is released.

Note that none of the person that have seen it in the flesh have mentioned the fact that it can be detached.

B&O could have opted for a different solution... when receiving Beo4 signals, the screen changes to a bigger font...

Anyway... I want one, no matter what codec, DRM or whether it is detachable or not... 

For me the question is more how it integrates with existing (older) systems, and how far can I put it from the TV and with what sort of cabling.

p. 

• 10-12-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Thank you Baolu

RussR:

I love the wild-fire nature of speculation running rampant here, particularly as the photos get better....

The same here :-) !! Beoworld is so much fun, rumours, spy pictures, great concept renderings you can find all of them here hahaha
    I'm waiting eagerly to play with those beosound wheels as soon as I get one into my hands :-)

• 10-12-2008 2:49 AM In reply to

wtlc2zpx:

For me the question is more how it integrates with existing (older) systems, and how far can I put it from the TV and with what sort of cabling.

p. 

Good point! Looking at the pictures, I wonder if the two rear wheels are easy to use as well. Let's wait and see...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 10-12-2008 5:23 AM In reply to

OMG is that the real BeoSound 5 I am looking at? It's totally utilitarian. Maybe more details at the sides and back? With a super thin lcd/led touchscreen maybe? Cos this just looks so conventional and not refined enough. 
  • 10-12-2008 6:34 AM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

Hi everyone.

Am I missing something here? Will the BS5 offer a better user experience than running iTunes off my Mac laptop through the aux of my beocentre 2? Will the interface be better than iTunes? I am confused. Is the idea that I get a similar experience but with the B&O badge? This is not meant to be negattive – I am excited about it – I just want to know what the differentiator is? 

Page 9 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >