in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-14-2008 2:33 PM by soundproof. 270 replies.
Page 5 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2008 4:28 PM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Re: Another direction....

Looks amazing ! Yes -  thumbs up

I want one !

And Peter is right : Wav is OK.

• 10-04-2008 7:03 PM In reply to

Peter :
    Not sure what the problem is - WAV is the best you can get and the BS5 copes with that. I find 320 completely fine and indeed 192 is fine for my ageing ears! Laughing

Simply that Apple Lossless will be half the file size as a WAV for the same exact quality. So you can fit twice as many on the hard drive.

When you listen to MP3, it sound fine, but is when you compare the original and the compressed one that you notice the difference.  

• 10-05-2008 1:13 PM In reply to

Does any one know how to give information to a wav. file  (genre-year-artist-tittle)
  • 10-05-2008 1:20 PM In reply to

• LarsJensen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 65
    • Bronze Member

´To the best of my knowledge that is not possible. My guess is B&O will either have a XML based system containing this information or there own database format.

/Lars

• 10-05-2008 1:24 PM In reply to

Ignace:

That documentation was for the BeoMaster 5. 

Can´t BS5 play MP4 movie files??

• 10-05-2008 2:44 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i asked my dealer about this mp4 files issue and all he said was everytime there was talk of video they saiud at the dealer traingin thing last week that its an Audio product only

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-05-2008 2:54 PM In reply to

well I am guessing BS5 is an audio product only. Beomaster 5 per documentation below can play video, but since MP4 is not listed I am guessing no.

If I recall correct some people were successful installing additional codes, it might block out the mp4 extension when uploading.

I am not so much interested in the video function, music is what I want. 

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-05-2008 2:59 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

yeah its more for music and photo's for me

i mkust admit when putting high quality picks and vids on the beomedia is terrible as i bought a 10 megapixel camera and it does not handel the vids at all.

i do hoep this is not windows based

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-05-2008 3:17 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

It makes no real difference to the end user whether or not it's Windows based, it's B&O's job to worry about that.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-05-2008 3:23 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

In the modern fangled world of having moving images, it would have been nice, if not pretty standard to have it capable of movies/music videos.

Oh well if I was in the "let's charge them" marketing dept, am sure I'd be able to come up with:

BS5 - Audio version

BS5 - Audio & photo = more $$$

BS5 - Audio, photo + movies/videos = HEAPS of $$$

Big Smile

• 10-05-2008 3:31 PM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

I pesume / guess that the BS5 will have N.MUSIC N.RADIO WEB and PHOTO options as per the BeoMedia. Any one know for sure? nlb.
  • 10-05-2008 3:48 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound 5 photos

TripEnglish:

Wow. I have to say this is a bit of a tragedy. Had I not seen a few of these in the flesh already I may have been equally anxious to glimpse one, but these pictures are about as unflattering as could be rendered of the sexiest audio master since the 9000 (BeoCenter, that is).

I would say that if you are on the fence over the looks after seeing this image, worry not. The "spirit" is not captured here and "spirit" is why we're all here and not on the Harmon-Kardon forums. 

And after using those "steering wheels" I've never cared less about Touch.

-Trip

Go further Trip,

Make my day...Smile

• 10-05-2008 3:51 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

benjnz:

In the modern fangled world of having moving images, it would have been nice, if not pretty standard to have it capable of movies/music videos.

Oh well if I was in the "let's charge them" marketing dept, am sure I'd be able to come up with:

BS5 - Audio version

BS5 - Audio & photo = more $$$

BS5 - Audio, photo + movies/videos = HEAPS of $$$

Big Smile

Three seperate boxes like HDR2 ,DVD 2 :D 666

one sivler box audio, another box for photo functions, another box for video.$$$$$$

• 10-05-2008 4:32 PM In reply to

I think what will happen is that the Beomaster 5 is a full replacement for Beomedia. I would even think they sell it on their own.

The BS5 I am guessing is just a front end for beomaster that deals with the music. This is also why I think it is so important that it comes off that podest. Otherwise, for people with TV it wouldn't make much sense to get one since they can operate their collection through the TV using their Beo 4.

Some time back, when the concept was discussed here Beosound 5 was positioned as one of many front ends to come. There could me a simpler one for link rooms like bath or kitchen.

Cheers

• 10-05-2008 5:23 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

You won't want to browse your music with a Beo4 if you can use the BeoSound 5 instead...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-05-2008 5:27 PM In reply to

The problem I have is that I often want my music in different rooms. Sometimes it is in my study - I use my computer with BL3s. Sometimes it is in the sitting room - I can see the BS5 being useful. However sometimes it is in my bathroom - no TV screen and certainly no BS5. A small two way remote is the way to go here. And indeed is just what I have!
  • 10-05-2008 5:37 PM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Peter, would you buy a BS5 or an Apple itouch as your music remote? (I know the answer!) On another point, is the BS5 designed as a BeoMedia replacement or a true audio system replacement?
  • 10-05-2008 6:18 PM In reply to

jk1002:

for people with TV it wouldn't make much sense to get one since they can operate their collection through the TV using their Beo 4.

Wait until you use one before you pass too much comment.  (Part of) the point of the product is to bring back the magic of searching through your music using a physical interface, while still giving the benefit of the new digital age.  If you are only concerned about specs and features then B&O isn't the brand for you. I'm not saying there will be nothing missing that I would wish to see, but most of the things people are focusing on in this thread are available by buying a Sonus or similar, so if they are so important go and do that.

Personaly I think the rush for pictures and info before B&O make these things available is a shame.  It results in images like these being leaked which do the product no favours.  Why not just sit tight and wait until some accurate info is rleased from Steuer?

• 10-05-2008 7:04 PM In reply to

>>You won't want to browse your music with a Beo4 if you can use the BeoSound 5 instead...<<

Well, if I have to get up from my couch I prefer the Beo 4 to be honest. That is why I am thinking that the panel comes off. If you think about how much you do with the remote versus on the actual unit when listening to music. MOTS - more of the same - would be so much more interesting when I can sit on my butt with that thing in my hand ..... 

• 10-05-2008 7:38 PM In reply to

jk1002:

>>You won't want to browse your music with a Beo4 if you can use the BeoSound 5 instead...<<

Well, if I have to get up from my couch I prefer the Beo 4 to be honest. That is why I am thinking that the panel comes off. ... ...would be so much more interesting when I can sit on my butt with that thing in my hand ..... 

Agree 100%

Who wants to get out from bed to go downstairs towards the BS5 panel (fixed in the lounge) simply to search a specific album or track? Confused

I that case, changing NMusic tracks or NRadio stations "blindly" using beo4 or beo5 is what I already do for several years now with BeoLinkPC2 Wink

Even the most sophisticated control panel in the world with the most revolutionary and friendly search system, is not good enough if it's not right in your hands... it will be quite useless in lot of situations if you cannot carry it everywhere you are.

Santiago

• 10-05-2008 8:38 PM In reply to

Thanks, finally somebody agrees with this. I am really surprised that people are more concerned about missing apple lossless then operating that thing with Beo4 versus a 2 way remote.

Cheers

JK 

• 10-06-2008 2:55 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

jk1002:

Thanks, finally somebody agrees with this. I am really surprised that people are more concerned about missing apple lossless then operating that thing with Beo4 versus a 2 way remote.

Correct. Like Peter, I use my iPod Touch as a two-way remote to my media server, which is an old Mac Mini. It's a cheap <£500 solution that works superbly. Indeed, I even wrote a two-page feature on this scenario in one of our magazines, over summer :)

Buy a refurbished or second hand Mac Mini, a refurbished or new iPod Touch, use Apple Remote or Signal then connect an Airport Express to every device where you want to stream audio. Hide the Mac Mini out of the way and you'll be able to stream audio to either one Airport Express or multiple devices, at the same time.

You can then sit in bed and control your audio (including stopping the streamed audio), move around the house and hear the same track streamed to multiple sources and much more.

As it's all wireless and you only need an iPod Touch, this soluton integrates very smoothly with whatever B&O equipment you have installed.

• 10-06-2008 3:44 AM In reply to

moxxey:
    ...you'll be able to stream audio to either one  or multiple devices, at the same time.You can then sit in bed and control your audio (including stopping the streamed audio), move around the house and hear the same track streamed to multiple sources and much more.

That's exactly the solution I'm searching for!!! Yes -  thumbs up

moxxey:
    Buy a refurbished or second hand Mac Mini, a refurbished or new iPod Touch, use Apple Remote or Signal then connect an Airport Express to every device where you want to stream audio.

but I'm very sorry: I don't want a second hand or refurbished Mac Mini, and a second hand or iPod Touch refurbished, in addition to 5 Airport Express refurbished... I want a brand new full-B&O device to my existing and working BeoLink installation Cool

Santiago

• 10-06-2008 4:36 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

Santiago, you don't need a macmini and any airport-express, only need a iPod Touch for controlling the iTunes from your PC. You can use beolink to send n.music and n.radio (press n.music-stop (pause)), and iPod Touch to view and control your music list.

Shopping List:

iTunes = Free

iPod Touch = 219€

Big Smile 

Luis

• 10-06-2008 5:20 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Surely a computer is the best way to download and store music. All I need it is a simple way to broadcast it. 

Wait, the iPod Touch & Airport Express does this already. When its connected to my Beosound 4 I already have all I need for controlling digital music. I dont see the point of the Beosound 5. 

Page 5 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »