in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-14-2008 2:33 PM by soundproof. 270 replies.
Page 2 of 11 (271 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2008 3:03 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Re: BeoSound 5 Photos

mr_anders_son:
    http://anytime.tv4.se/webtv/?progId=663160&treeId=100731&renderingdepartment=2.757

Hm, wonder why it was TV4? What do you say, Hebo? Wink

Was the BeoSound 3 an official job for Struer?

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 10-02-2008 3:37 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

An event for all costumers in Sweden? I hope that there will be events in Denmark like this too.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 10-02-2008 4:22 PM In reply to

Daniel:

Was the BeoSound 3 an official job for Struer?

No just for the "show" Wink

• 10-02-2008 7:01 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Beofan2:
    An event for all costumers in Sweden? I hope that there will be events in Denmark like this too.

Does that mean if you live in Sweden you have to dress up to attend????

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 10-03-2008 3:09 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

mr_anders_son:

No just for the "show" Wink

Yes -  thumbs up

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 10-03-2008 6:23 AM In reply to

Am I right in saying, For those who have seen it, that you cannot just play a CD or DVD in it? everything has to be streamed?

It may be a false rumour but it was a strong source, If thats the case would you pay alot for a music/radio streamer? especially as all your amps etc are in your speakers?

BS

• 10-03-2008 7:24 AM In reply to

It cant play CD or DVd. It doesnt stream from PC. You transfer files to beomedia and it plays from there. So its a bit more then a streamer. It adds a mediacenter to your TV pretty much like the beomedia if I understood the postings here correct.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-03-2008 7:38 AM In reply to

Aha many thanks JK, A very good sum up of posts I have obviously missed, Maybe I am being a bit of a dinosaur but do people not still like to occasionally just put a CD or DVD into the player? Or does everybody just download and I am behind the times?

BS

• 10-03-2008 7:45 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

bikerscotty:

Aha many thanks JK, A very good sum up of posts I have obviously missed, Maybe I am being a bit of a dinosaur but do people not still like to occasionally just put a CD or DVD into the player? Or does everybody just download and I am behind the times?

BS

I don't think you are behind the times! Compare downloaded MP3-files with your recordings on a CD and you'll understand why you'll prefer the CD :-)

It sounds a little bit strange that the "streaming device" for compressed music is  more expensive than a high class CD system like the Beosound 3200 or Beosound  9000 ... :-)

• 10-03-2008 9:41 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

BS: I think you might be a bit behind the crest of a breaking wave, but you're not far behind....  I am fortunate to have a BS-9000 and an AppleTV in my living room: and while I find myself using the ATV more and more, I am not yet ready to box up the 9000.  On the other hand, my former house-mate has a 400-450 disc DVD collection, which continues to grow...while I findd that I don't want to own movies or TV shows, on-line rental suits me quite well.  On the other hand, I have several hundred CD's filed and stored in various parts of the house, and for casual listening, which really is any listening in which I am not firmly planted in front of the speakers, I find the convenience of a pure digital solution terribly convenient, and honestly who notices the difference in sound quality while cooking, reading a magazine, or talking with friends over a couple of drinks?  If BM/BS-5 can make this experience easier, or in some way more compelling, then I am dying to see it!

TGW: Given the recent price increases, the BeoSound 9000 isn't priced that far off of the expected MSRP of the 5.  Given the storage, and lacking only the AAC codec, I can't see comparing it to the 3200 either.  I wonder how many of us here remember 12 years ago when the 9000 rolled out at $4000USD in an era when one could buy a 10-CD changer from Sony for 1/10th that price?  What did one actually get for that premium?  I for one got a machine which is still in daily use after more than a decade.  Let's wait just a bit longer before passing judgement. 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 10-03-2008 10:58 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

RussR:

BS: I think you might be a bit behind the crest of a breaking wave, but you're not far behind....  I am fortunate to have a BS-9000 and an AppleTV in my living room: and while I find myself using the ATV more and more, I am not yet ready to box up the 9000.  On the other hand, my former house-mate has a 400-450 disc DVD collection, which continues to grow...while I findd that I don't want to own movies or TV shows, on-line rental suits me quite well.  On the other hand, I have several hundred CD's filed and stored in various parts of the house, and for casual listening, which really is any listening in which I am not firmly planted in front of the speakers, I find the convenience of a pure digital solution terribly convenient, and honestly who notices the difference in sound quality while cooking, reading a magazine, or talking with friends over a couple of drinks?  If BM/BS-5 can make this experience easier, or in some way more compelling, then I am dying to see it!

TGW: Given the recent price increases, the BeoSound 9000 isn't priced that far off of the expected MSRP of the 5.  Given the storage, and lacking only the AAC codec, I can't see comparing it to the 3200 either.  I wonder how many of us here remember 12 years ago when the 9000 rolled out at $4000USD in an era when one could buy a 10-CD changer from Sony for 1/10th that price?  What did one actually get for that premium?  I for one got a machine which is still in daily use after more than a decade.  Let's wait just a bit longer before passing judgement. 

Great Post Russ... I too don't think that BS is behind the times, but then again, I may see that because BS and I may both be behind the times, and hang out with others in the same predicament. I have a large CD collection stored in shelves alphabetically in the living room, where a Beosound 9000 has in one placement or another graced my abode for the past 7 years without a hiccup. As Russ pointed out, anyone who says that I overpaid for a CD player (BS9000) will get an earfull especially when I tell them that it hasn't skipped a beat from day one, and still looks great and sounds great to boot.

But I agree, that the time may be coming when we all need to start thinking about where our main source of entertainment media will come from. From my standpoint, the physicality of media is both a blessing and a curse. I love the act of going to the shelf, picking out a CD, placing it in the clamper, and walking away to the sounds. But there is the convenience aspect of a room with clean lines, nothing to be seen or heard until a push of a button. Maybe I'm nostalgic that way.

An AppleTV or a Mac Mini, or maybe something altogether different which may be unveiled on Oct14th is becoming more and more appealing to me as I want to pare down the physical media I own onto hard disk, and throw the CDs and DVDs into a box in the basement. Eventually, I think we'll all move toward thinking of buying CDs, or DVDs as obsolete... but my BS9000 will remain on the wall. Maybe populated with custom audio CDs burned from the virtual music collection. The Beovision 8 will display movies and shows recorded into hard disk, not from disks of plastic which I placed into a slot or tray.

-Sal

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 10-03-2008 11:06 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Another direction....

I apologize if this question (1) has been asked before, or (2) is blasphemous to the B&O community: 

Have we asked ourselves what the Beosound 5 will provide to Beophiles? Will the Beosound 5 be another product that's viewed as too little too late? Will the wow factor be in the design, or in the functionality? How friendly will it be if it is the only B&O product in one's household?

I can understand paying a decent premium for design and materials (seriously), but I think gone are the days in which B&O can compete solely on design. Is the real innovation in the Beosound 5 innovation for a B&O product, or innovation in the general world of a home entertainment experience?

I am eager to see this product, as from all accounts from people in the know, it is a watershed release. (though, obviously, people in the know have been drinking the B&O Kool-Aid). Stick out tongue

-Sal

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 10-03-2008 11:21 AM In reply to

Re: Another direction....

I am sure that some of us will moan because it will not have this feature the rumour said it will have, or the XYZ++ codec and so on.

But I am also sure the BS5 will be a great product, and will show the new direction that B&O wants to take. I am expecting it to prepare the way for the new all digital masterlink over CAT6, which should logically bring multiple Sound and Video in multiple link rooms, and also the integration with more external, non B&O devices.

p.

• 10-03-2008 11:28 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i know it has a 500Gb HDD.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-03-2008 12:03 PM In reply to

I have only one question - can it handle lossless files or is it just another ordinery mp3 player.

• 10-03-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Patience.

November and the Christmas holidays are almost here.

• 10-03-2008 12:50 PM In reply to

• Sappo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-02-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

• 10-03-2008 12:58 PM In reply to

okidoki indeed!

good job sappo!
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 10-03-2008 1:01 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Yeahhh agent sappo , good job. Yes -  thumbs up
  • 10-03-2008 1:08 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Thanks sappo !

Smile

• 10-03-2008 1:09 PM In reply to

Great!
  • 10-03-2008 1:15 PM In reply to

I want it!  I take back my reservations I expressed in my earlier comments.  I guess I am hopelessly addicted to Bang & Olufsen. 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 10-03-2008 1:16 PM In reply to

It cant handle Apple loss less files. Documentation says AAC except lossless.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-03-2008 1:21 PM In reply to

No lossless.....shame you B&O!  another beomedia...No - thumbs down
  • 10-03-2008 1:32 PM In reply to

It can handle Microsoft lossless and MP3 320 bps.

I think I will continue to use Apple TV and iTunes to rip and store CDs in the Apple lossless rate.  However I will sell my BC2 and Beomedia 1 and purchase a Beosound 5.  This will reduce the space needed in my condo with 1 less B&O component. The Beosound 5 does look cool and with the cover art very colorful. 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

Page 2 of 11 (271 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »