in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2009 11:43 AM by Quim43. 387 replies.
Page 15 of 16 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-03-2008 8:23 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: BV7 40 MKIII / SW 4.24 problem

Build 433 (H8 SW 5.02). Support for DVB-HD. Teletext in P-P gives TV+TV. Intermittent loss of the PUC Table.

New features:

1. Support for DVB-HD (only released in some markets).
    2. A of this SW release, the TV menus are black instead of grey and are placed on the left side of the screen. There is no change in meno structure and function.

Symptom:

1. Teletext in P-a-P gives TV + TV
    2. Intermittent loss of the PUC Table
    3. Standby led is blinking
    4. ACM bar opticallt too narrow

Cause

1. The M2 porcessor was disconnected due to illegal communication. The problem is now fully solved.
    2. The M2 porcessor was disconnected due to illegal communication. The problem is now fully solved.
    3. A powering down problem in the DVF-module. Error not seen on build 433 during test.
    4. When implementing a larger screen, the Auto Color Management bar became a bit too narrow. This does not influence the Automatic Colour Management function.

Solution:

To all above problems, please update to build 433.

Compatibility:

The build is "internally compatible". This means that you must use the entire build when updating the software, do not mix parts of the software with other builds.

Quim

• 12-03-2008 11:33 AM In reply to

• MKE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2008
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Now i have followed your advises and the tv has'nt crashed - yet! And will not hopefully...

But what about the blue-ray problems? This is a big problem to, in my openion. Not funny to have a brand new - end expensive - tv, and not be able to play the best possible movies. 

Another question: Where do I find information regarding SW for B&O? How will I know if theres a new SW for my BV9 and which changes it will have?  

• 12-03-2008 12:10 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

MKE:

Now i have followed your advises and the tv has'nt crashed - yet! And will not hopefully...

But what about the blue-ray problems? This is a big problem to, in my openion. Not funny to have a brand new - end expensive - tv, and not be able to play the best possible movies. 

Another question: Where do I find information regarding SW for B&O? How will I know if theres a new SW for my BV9 and which changes it will have?  

What are your blu-ray problems ?

The only way of knowing if a new SW is released, is by checking beoworld, or your dealer.

/Weebyx

• 12-03-2008 2:19 PM In reply to

Just updated my Bs3 cinema to 5.00 , had the system for 6 months but after 3 months on Blu-ray Dvd's I would get like a mini picture freeze ever 50 seconds or so  . Hoping the update would solve it but no , also I sometimes get some interference like fine snow and is very noticeable on a dark scene , this comes and goes but usually last 10 minutes and extends onto the black areas top and bottom on a wide screen film . If I plug the PS3 directly into the Samsung projector then no problems . They loaned me a conventional Sony Blu-ray player , again no problems , must be something about the Ps3 ( tried 3 of them ) that my Bs3 doesn't like .
    Richard
  • 12-05-2008 10:16 AM In reply to

• MKE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2008
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

My blue ray problems are:

As one earlier descriped:

When i am watching a Blu-ray on my PS3, and the 24p option is set to automatic, then it is almost as the picture is being cut i half when the movie is doing horisontal paning.

If i disable 24p, then the movie is fine, although it is not as smooth when panning.

• 12-05-2008 10:21 AM In reply to

• MKE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2008
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

As one ealier described:

When i am watching a Blue-Ray on my PS3 and the 24P option is set to automatic, then it is almost as the pic is being cut in half when the movie is doing horisontal panning.

if I disable 24P, then the movie is fine, although it is not as smooth when panning.

• 12-05-2008 11:58 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

MKE:

As one ealier described:

When i am watching a Blue-Ray on my PS3 and the 24P option is set to automatic, then it is almost as the pic is being cut in half when the movie is doing horisontal panning.

if I disable 24P, then the movie is fine, although it is not as smooth when panning.

One way of quickfixing this is to set your PS3 to "unknown dvd" instead of "Sony Playstation 3" in the settopbox menu, this however is not an option if you controll your PS3 via the Nyko PS3 remote, and your beo4/5. But you can try it out. It works for me.

Sad that this isn't solved yet, it was one of the things i reported back to B&O :(

/Weebyx

• 12-05-2008 3:29 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

BL8000 MkII Black

This "tearingproblem"  or the picture is cut in half issue, is because Beo haven´t set any frame-lock when you are connecting a none dedicated Blu-ray player, like a Tvix or a PS3.. Thats why the top frame are showed a tenths of a second faster than the undergoing frame does.. It most have the frame-lock function set to on in the programing.

And i have recorded this issue on tape! And our service manager for Sweden / Finland: Tony Barrosen has sent down this film to Denmark and ended up in Section 4 the development section of B & O for about 2 months ago! This should be solved in and with the SW 5.00 according to Tony!? But I will call on Monday and complain!

Regards

• 12-13-2008 6:42 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

well my BV7 is now updated to 5.05 and i must admit the update went well and im hoping never to have crash to off problem again, i must also admit the new menu looks so much nicer and sleek and you dont loose the tv image when using the menu;s

fingers crossed

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 12-13-2008 1:06 PM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Already 5.05 ? Most of us (including me) got 5.02......

• 12-13-2008 1:19 PM In reply to

impossible, i just got 5.02a upgraded this morning! lol
  • 12-13-2008 1:51 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

whoops sorry i did mean 5.02 not 5.05

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 12-13-2008 2:11 PM In reply to

• MKE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2008
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Are there new menu's? My BV9 should have been updated, but there's no difference in the menus?
  • 12-13-2008 8:09 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

the way you assignthe set to box to turn on and off is different.

if i set my STB to be always on when i turn the tv off it stays on and when i turn the tv on it turns it off so i have set it to manual and it leaves it alone.

also there is AST but this is grayed out 

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 12-15-2008 6:20 AM In reply to

Well...had the 5.02  update done on Saturday and all appeared ok, but..........now have the same problem as Moxxey with link TV's, can't watch either of them for more than a minute without getting the "HDCP" warning!!

Anyone else had this, or got a solution??

Mike

• 12-17-2008 2:49 AM In reply to

I would like to get my hands on the new SW. Is there any way that I can do the upgrade myself ?

Regards

Hans

• 12-17-2008 3:49 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

halid:

I would like to get my hands on the new SW. Is there any way that I can do the upgrade myself ?

Regards

Hans

Short answer : No.

Long answer: Maybe, if you can get the SW and the special masterlink to RS232 cable from you dealer.

I would just ask the dealer to come do it.

/Weebyx

• 12-17-2008 4:08 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi All I know 5.02 has the link room problem but has anyone noticed that controlling the sky box is slower than before, sometime i press the numbers for a channel and wait 4-5 seconds before it starts and other times its fine????

any one else get this....

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 12-17-2008 5:54 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

Hi All I know 5.02 has the link room problem but has anyone noticed that controlling the sky box is slower than before, sometime i press the numbers for a channel and wait 4-5 seconds before it starts and other times its fine????

No, but I have noticed that my BV7-40 has turned off my Sky box, three times, whilst watching TV. Happened over the weekend. Only started happening since sw 5.xx was installed the other week. I have to manually turn the box back on an the picture re-appears immediately. Bizarre.

Apart from that, I don't experience any delay or switching of the channel issues.

• 12-17-2008 6:06 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i have noticed that if i have the power option set to always on it turns the tv sky off when i turn the tv on and does nothing when i turn it off.

so now i have set it to manual and it leaves it alone, not had any problems so far with it turning the sky box off well not unless i turn the tv on lol

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 12-29-2008 4:41 AM In reply to

It would seem many of the remaining issues all relate to the Sky HD box. I understand from my dealer that most of these fixes are scheduled for the post 5.02 update.

I was wondering if any of you have had discussions with either B&O or your dealer about the 14 months of bugs we have all been suffering with one release after another of something getting fixed, just to create a new problem.  

I am going to ask B&O to extend my product warranty by a further year. Anyone else done similarly or had other offers of help from B&O UK?

Thanks, Mark.

• 01-04-2009 5:15 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hello all

few problems stil dont know if anyone else has had this

when i got the new 5.02 update i selected always on in the standby options setup and this turned off the HD box when i turned the tv on and vice vera. also after a while any button on the beo4 just acted as slect and brought up the banner until i pressed some number buttsons and it got back into sync

Scart lead has been checked and is in the correct tv slot on the Sky Box

then i changed the standby options to manual control and had the same problems

yesterday i changed the standby options to off at source change and the button confusion seems to have stopped but this morning the tv lost hdmi sync and i had a snowy screen, i turned the tv off and the speakers and tv standby light went red but the snowy screen stayed for 10 mins until i pulled the plug out.

anyone else having problems with it since?

what setting is everyone else using with the standby opptions for SKY HD?

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-04-2009 6:19 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

mawheele:

I am going to ask B&O to extend my product warranty by a further year. Anyone else done similarly or had other offers of help from B&O UK?

No. B&O UK won't deal directly with customers. You have to go through your dealer. I've tried. Also, this whole 'warranty' issue is debatable. For example, who pays for the engineer to install a new sw update? The dealer. Are sw updates included within the warranty? I'm not so sure.

However, B&O UK really need to understand that these sw issues and these discussions do little to encourage further sales, so they should be going out of their way to a) make sure we're happy, b) include sw updates under warranty and c) reassure the dealer that they can claim back engineer expenses via HQ.

There's a big article in the Sunday Times today claiming that 2009 will be the year where we go back to older values - buying 'luxury' items like B&O won't be about style and prestige and will be more about longevity. However, if B&O UK want people to believe they are buying B&O long-term, including support, they need to upgrade their message. At the moment the ONLY thing I hear from my dealer is sales-related literature and that it costs them to pay for an engineer to 'fix' my TV!

• 01-04-2009 6:22 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

what setting is everyone else using with the standby opptions for SKY HD?

I have absolutely no issues with standby with my Sky HD box. It's set to leave the box on and the box stays on all the time.

However, I have problems with my link room TV stating 'this TV does not support HDCP' since sw 5.00a. That's the only current and key problem I have. It's relatively major though, as I can't just switch on a link room TV without the main TV being turned on first.

• 01-25-2009 8:49 AM In reply to

Hi all - I was wondering if anyone had received news on when a post 5.02 update would be forthcoming to address the SKY HD incompatibilities. Has anyone heard anything? I'm also going to push B&O for some form of goodwill as 14 months of BETA testing is unacceptable for a 9k product.

What are your thoughts?

Best, Mark.

Page 15 of 16 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next >