in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-21-2011 8:16 AM by bayerische. 128 replies.
Page 2 of 6 (129 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2008 9:23 AM In reply to

Re: What camera do you use?

a B&O serene ! .....................................;-)

besides that : Canon EOS

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 10-27-2008 12:10 PM In reply to

I have recently bought a Digilux2!

I have been watching the prices on the D2 and recently they have took a bit of a tumble with the launch of the D3.. that said users/owners of both are stating a clear preference of the D2 over the 3! and I guess this will be a camera to own in years to come.

Picture quality is amazing and having owned a D1 it is such an improvement and the pictures are stunning.  Still learning how to manipulate the functions on the camera but some results so far have been fantastic but I fear I have bought one with a failing sensor..... the dreaded magenta blur has appeared a number of times.  Leica are still repairing the sensor under warranty which is good but I need it to die before I can send.  I still own the Dlux3 which is good but simply pales in comparison to the D2.

One complaint I have though is regarding the official camera bag, was fortunate enough to buy one of ebay but... I have marked the camera a couple of times taking it out! Not impressed!

• 11-03-2008 1:57 PM In reply to

Well I couldn't believe it but I found a Nikon D40 on Amazon for £205 and bought it immediately. I have had great fun using it this weekend, the hunt for a good lens has begun!

I'm sure it won't compare with the new D90, but I thought this was an excellent price.

Anders, may I ask what software you prefer using to edit your digital photos? 

• 12-03-2008 4:36 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

I use an Olympus E-510. Had it for one year now and like it.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 12-27-2008 9:32 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

I'm using a Nikon D70 and still very happy with it. It feels like it's build for my hand: Great!

Speed and handling is great and if it dies I'm going to buy the next Nikon D-SLR.

Before I used a Sony F707. It was one of the best cameras I ever used. The laser autofocus is absolutely amazing and beats all systems on the market. It's very sad that Sony now only builds big D-SLRs ...
    I used it for 6 years and upgraded to the D70. I still have the Sony and I love it!

• 12-28-2008 12:24 PM In reply to

I got 2 camera's at the moment.

One is an old Minolta X300S which I got a NOS flash and I belive stock original lense. I bought back in the summer 2000 in London as an impulse. The pictures are good but I have always had a non original flash problem so not perfect when doing indoor shots. I haven't really been using it since I got the NOS flash from Ebay. I had to get a digital camera since its more easy to deal with these days. I got a Canon Ixus 80 IS with 8 Mega pixels and its a great high caliber camera. I've just came home from 7 days on Gran Canaria. There is 598 shots to be uploaded and the 95% looks really great. I will upload some in a week or so.

• 12-28-2008 1:56 PM In reply to

i have just sold my beloved hasselblad v series.

film: i am looking at either a hassy h series / or if i jump ship, a mamiya 645 af series

digital:  still shooting a d50 (but @ daniel: i have shot the oly 510 -and it is a great camera!). i am looking at possibly a digilux or less $ dlux -would like to hear more about them!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-09-2009 11:12 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

burantek:

i have just sold my beloved hasselblad v series.

film: i am looking at either a hassy h series / or if i jump ship, a mamiya 645 af series

digital:  still shooting a d50 (but @ daniel: i have shot the oly 510 -and it is a great camera!). i am looking at possibly a digilux or less $ dlux -would like to hear more about them!

I was in the same dilemma. I tried and considered the H series Hasselblad over the course of a year and although I was very pleased with the results and integration in the digital model, I never really liked the camera or lens selection that much. I do own a Mamiya 645 and it is a good value and a good camera but I'm not in love with the lenses and the smaller format either. The form factor of the M645af camera just seems to be suited for the "run and gun" things that I'd probably prefer to shoot with a Nikon SLR anyhow. I do really like the new Sinar/Rollei HY6 camera although I don't have a huge amount of experience with it. I think you should give it a good look. I'm not sure if the dust has settled for all the options, components and compatibility but it's the main reason I've held off on the H series. It might "feel" a bit more like your Hassy V with its 6x6 format. The digital integration might not yet be as tight as the H3 but it soon could be and you'll have alot more options and flexibility to add digital later. Personally I find that my Leica M8 with a Noctilux f1.0 lens does the medium-format lifestyle portrait imagery as well as the H3D (80% of the time). I plan on using it along with the Mamiya RZII 6x7 for technical shots until the dust settles in the Medium format digital world. That may take awhile with some of the oversize chips coming to market in the near future

-Michael

• 01-09-2009 11:40 AM In reply to

mhodges:
    I was in the same dilemma. I tried and considered the H series Hasselblad over the course of a year and although I was very pleased with the results and integration in the digital model, I never really liked the camera or lens selection that much. I do own a Mamiya 645 and it is a good value and a good camera but I'm not in love with the lenses and the smaller format either. The form factor of the M645af camera just seems to be suited for the "run and gun" things that I'd probably prefer to shoot with a Nikon SLR anyhow. I do really like the new Sinar/Rollei HY6 camera although I don't have a huge amount of experience with it. I think you should give it a good look. I'm not sure if the dust has settled for all the options, components and compatibility but it's the main reason I've held off on the H series. It might "feel" a bit more like your Hassy V with its 6x6 format. The digital integration might not yet be as tight as the H3 but it soon could be and you'll have alot more options and flexibility to add digital later. Personally I find that my Leica M8 with a Noctilux f1.0 lens does the medium format lifestyle & portrait imagery as well as the H3D ever did. I plan on using it along with the Mamiya RZII 6x7 for technical shots until the dust settles in the Medium format digital world. That may take awhile with some of the oversize chips coming to market in the near future

thanks for the reply! since my previous post, i have gone and jumped ship! i bought a pair of mamiya 645's (an AF and an AFD) both from your (our) neck of the woods. sadly the AF was not as advertised and was returned. the AFD should be here next week. the AFD is from "capture integration" out of atlanta and miami. seem like a pretty good outfit -my guess is that you are familiar w/ them being from atlanta...

at any rate, i passed on the H1: up front costs + the cost of eventually going digital seemed a bit exorbitant. the AFD can get me going right away and early digital backs won't break the bank! a lot of my reasoning behind this was that i am actually, as you say, planning to "run and gun" with this. i love 6x6, but i think i can live w/ the 6x4.5 format... the beautiful v series (magnificent piece) was simply not working for me, unless on a pod / mirror up / etc... i loved it! and i miss it already, but the 645 had everything i was looking for and more in medium format and my style of shooting -purely amateur -no studio work.

in beo terms, i feel as though i stepped up from a bm2400 to a bs9000... and put $$$ in my pocket!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-09-2009 12:12 PM In reply to

Here we have some Puerto Rico shots taken 20-27 december 2008 with my Canon Ixus camera.

• 01-14-2009 6:21 AM In reply to

Puerto Rico, it's a pretty nice place, been there a couple of times, I remember the shopping center, not so nice, but the rest of the place is. 

Glad to see another Leica M8 user on this board too! 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-18-2009 6:08 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Are we talking about Puerto Rico on Gran Canaria, Spain? Where there this Christmas but didn´t like it all. It was so time stained. Luckily we stayed in Puerto Mogan who is newer.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 01-25-2009 8:21 AM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Currently using a Leica M8 & Leica C-Lux 2...affectionately called the Panasonic with a red dot stuck on it by friends.

• 01-25-2009 6:17 PM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Since december 28th I use a Nikon D60. I chose it since my brother has the D50 and is very pleased. I came with an 18-55 VR lens and a SB-400 flash.

So far I like it a lot. Could do with more lenses, though. Particularly a long one.

I've started to code a web gallery in PHP, so if you'd like to see some of my shots, visit http://home.fridsten.se/gallery.

• 01-26-2009 6:26 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

I'm 2 years into a very good relationship with my Olympus E-1. It was bought to upgrade from my old OM-10 & I've never had a moment's mardyness with Olympus. And it gives me top quality pictures. I know it's "only" a 5mp but I'm really not seeing the need for an upgrade.

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 01-27-2009 7:03 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

How about creating a 1474 megapixal PICTURE?

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 01-28-2009 9:46 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

WOW!

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 02-11-2009 10:13 AM In reply to

• hasselmc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 02-05-2009
    • Istanbul - Turkey
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

I have:

- Hasselblad 500c + 500cm

- Rolleiflex 3003 + TLR

- Canon G9

Brgds

Mario

• 02-19-2009 9:27 AM In reply to

Surprisingly many Leica M8's here!

We clearly have good taste on this forum.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-19-2009 11:10 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

bayerische:

and money... Smile

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 02-19-2009 10:25 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

ChrDH:

bayerische:

and money... Smile

I actually bought the M8 from the perspective of saving money. I know some people give it a bad rap for being a toy for rich people. I, however, actually made the purchase to save money. Being in a position of needing to purchase a digital camera for professional use I was confronted with either buying a digital medium format system or purchasing a high end DSL which required investing in new lenses. In my case I don't do a huge volume of images. I just needed a good tool to do a few high quality images every now and then in addition to my other work. By the time I purchased an M8 with the rare 50mm 1.0 Noctilux I had a camera that captured subjects with the unique Bokeh of a great classic medium format camera and maintained the finest simplicity of a quality artist's tool. It paid for itself in a few months and I've got a great and inconspicuous system to use for personal use as well with family and friends. Some people roll their eyes when they see me shooting with the M8/Noctilux (and I certainly don't want to knock Canon & Nikon glass) but in the end I'm glad I don't have to haul around a $12,000+ Nikon system every time I want to take a simple photograph. Here's personal photo of a friend of mine with the Noctilux wide open.

-Michael

• 02-19-2009 11:02 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

I just realized that I'm probably going to get flamed for misrepresenting the cost of a Nikon system in my previous post. I do realize that you can get a quality Nikon/Canon system for far less. However, in the context of the top of the range SLR system (that would be acceptable on agency type shoots) I feel this is an accurate reflection of the costs involved. Ironically, most clients seem to like the M8 as some sort of "true artists tool" much the way most Leica nuts do (myself included) as long as it is accompanied by many thousand $$$ of lighting and grip.

-Michael

• 02-20-2009 1:09 PM In reply to

mhodges:
    I just realized that I'm probably going to get flamed for misrepresenting the cost of a Nikon system in my previous post. I do realize that you can get a quality Nikon/Canon system for far less. However, in the context of the top of the range SLR system (that would be acceptable on agency type shoots) I feel this is an accurate reflection of the costs involved. Ironically, most clients seem to like the M8 as some sort of "true artists tool" much the way most Leica nuts do (myself included) as long as it is accompanied by many thousand $$ of lighting and grip.

Michael, are you also on l-camera-forum.com ?

-Andreas

• 02-20-2009 2:19 PM In reply to

I currently use a Nikon D60 DSLR, but have been tempted recently to step back in time and buy an old 35mm SLR. Seen as there are a few Leica fans on here, what do you guys reckon to the R6 or R8 camera bodies?

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 02-21-2009 6:03 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

bayerische:

mhodges:
    I just realized that I'm probably going to get flamed for misrepresenting the cost of a Nikon system in my previous post. I do realize that you can get a quality Nikon/Canon system for far less. However, in the context of the top of the range SLR system (that would be acceptable on agency type shoots) I feel this is an accurate reflection of the costs involved. Ironically, most clients seem to like the M8 as some sort of "true artists tool" much the way most Leica nuts do (myself included) as long as it is accompanied by many thousand $$ of lighting and grip.

Michael, are you also on l-camera-forum.com ?

Yes but I'm not really active so I may not be who you're thinking of. Great resource though.

-Michael

Page 2 of 6 (129 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »