in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-10-2011 5:54 PM by pavur. 66 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2008 10:36 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Beolink Active - PC Input

amunk:

Hi,

Excuse me for my ignorance but what can be achieved with this solution? As I read it I can connect som third-party equipment to the Beolink Active. Can the audio for this source then be distributed on the Masterlink?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Anders

This does not distribute audio on ML, but it does allow one to share one's ML'd active speakers with a non-B&O source.

For example, I have a non-B&O TV in a link room with BL4000s and an active.  With this cable, I will be able to connect my TV to the speakers, and either listen to the ML audio or the local TV audio.

Stan

• 07-07-2008 7:24 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

I thought I saw a reply to this message...

The cable allows audio to be connected to the PC Input. The PC command allows that local audio signal to played through the speakers connected to the Beolink Active.  The audio source is not available to other link rooms.

Very useful. You can connect a TV with Line out, a Turntable, IPod, etc....

Beoaus.

• 07-08-2008 2:13 AM In reply to

Hi beoaus,

is it possible that you determine the connections of the adapter cable, i.e. which pins are connected? 

Hagen

• 07-09-2008 2:31 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Hagen2000:

Hi beoaus,

is it possible that you determine the connections of the adapter cable, i.e. which pins are connected? 

Cable is buried in the wall... I'll get it out this weekend. Not sure how to open the DIN section of the cable without wrecking it... There is a tab to push but the cover does not slide back.  Any suggestions?

• 07-09-2008 3:11 AM In reply to

beoaus:
    Hagen2000:

Hi beoaus,

Cable is buried in the wall... I'll get it out this weekend. Not sure how to open the DIN section of the cable without wrecking it... There is a tab to push but the cover does not slide back.  Any suggestions?

beoaus,

there is no necessary to open the DIN. A multimeter is the solution. In case you do not have one, get one - it's only few dollars- . It's always a good ideea to have one around to check voltage, etc....

all sold!

• 07-09-2008 3:11 AM In reply to

beoaus:
    Hagen2000:

Hi beoaus,

beoaus,

there is no necessary to open the DIN. A multimeter is the solution. In case you do not have one, get one - it's only few dollars- . It's always a good ideea to have one around to check voltage, etc....

all sold!

• 07-09-2008 3:31 AM In reply to

Hi beoaus,

you might also want to test if there are bridges / interconnections in the DIN plug. 

Hagen

• 07-09-2008 7:50 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Ok, I'll get a multimeter and try to learn something.  I figure I'm ok with checking pins though I'm not sure about these bridges and like.  Any tips?
  • 07-12-2008 9:06 PM In reply to

hi guys....

finally, I can confirm that the DIN cable for the PC input on the beolink active has :

pin5 - right(left) in channel

pin2 - left(right)  in channel

pin6 - ground

regards....

all sold!

• 07-13-2008 1:16 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

11048437:

hi guys....

finally, I can confirm that the DIN cable for the PC input on the beolink active has :

pin6 - ground

regards....

Does that save me lifting the TV off the wall again?

• 07-13-2008 11:26 AM In reply to

beoaus:
    11048437:

hi guys....

pin6 - ground

regards....

Does that save me lifting the TV off the wall again?

yep!.....I have made this cable yesterday and it's working(cost me only 2$).

It was necessary to connect my Beolab 3 speakers to the Panasonic HDD-DVD recorder in my bedroom vis Beolink Active box! Now, everything is perfect....

all sold!

• 08-05-2008 12:03 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I have finally obtained the correct cable, and it all works as expected (both channels, no mixing of ML audio).

Thanks again Beoaus and everybody else that has contributed to this thread.

San

• 08-05-2008 11:33 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Good to see....

Happy we have the cable sorted. It's very useful information. Perhaps the cable spec could be listed somewhere, even part of the BeoLink Active product information, FAQ or Beocentral...

cheers, beoaus.

• 08-06-2008 4:51 AM In reply to

I will use this thread information for an FAQ

Regards Keith....

• 08-06-2008 12:03 PM In reply to

• cdj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-06-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

I did already use the PC input on a Beolink Active. The pins used are not the same as the Powerlink. If ever you do not want to order

the cable in the USA, this is how I did it : I did solder my cable by myself.

Just put a Din connector in and test with a srewdriver to find the left and right channel. then test to fond the ground. After this you

can solder the cable to it and use your auxilary input.

• 01-07-2010 6:01 AM In reply to

Dear all,

I learned a lot reading this thread but at the end I realised the Beolink active which sounded very well is not a solution for my problem.

I have a BL2000 in a link room and also a Toshiba LCD with SAT Receiver. Now I want to bring Toshiba sound to my BL2000. I thought BL-active can help but as I learned now that it does not distribute Sound over ML. Is there any other solution to use my BL2000 with the Toshiba LCD?

btw: I have ML available in this room, the BL2000 is working now stand alone.

Heribert

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 01-07-2010 6:18 AM In reply to

Heribert, What Hifi and TV have you got in the main room?
  • 01-07-2010 6:57 AM In reply to

Hi Phil,

I have a BV-8-40 with BS3200 and BL3. On ML there is also a Beoport with my Mac connected. The Toshiba LCD and BL2000 are in the Saunarium in first level - thus I cannot easily connect Toshiba LCD to BV8 od BS3200

Thanks,

Heribert

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 01-07-2010 11:48 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

If your Beoport is near the TV, you could run the audio from the TV through a splitter into the Beoport (so both the computer's audio and TV's audio go into the Beoport).  Then, to listen to the TV, you select N.Music, and stop iTunes.

I do this with my turntable... it's kind of a pain, but does do the job.

Stan

• 01-07-2010 3:37 PM In reply to

Beoport is in a different room with just ML or Ethernet connection to Link Room with Toshiba LCD or Main Room.

But Thanks Stan.

Heribert 

• 01-07-2010 8:37 PM In reply to

Stan:

Then, to listen to the TV, you select N.Music, and stop iTunes.

So Stan to confirm your implication, the BeoPort lacks the Active's "PC" or alternative source capability ? 

A pity, because I would like to have the ability to listen to and operate the BeoPort with out a PC/Mac being present

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-08-2010 6:03 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

elephant:

Stan:

Then, to listen to the TV, you select N.Music, and stop iTunes.

So Stan to confirm your implication, the BeoPort lacks the Active's "PC" or alternative source capability ? 

A pity, because I would like to have the ability to listen to and operate the BeoPort with out a PC/Mac being present

Yes, the BeoPort *must* be connected to a computer.

• 01-08-2010 6:11 PM In reply to

Stan:
    Stan, I have just built a feature in LinkPlayer that will solve your problem ;-) Check sometime next week when beta 0.8 is released. p.
  • 01-08-2010 8:13 PM In reply to

do you mean a feature where it will work without a MacBook being connected to the Beoport Phil ??

• 01-09-2010 3:40 AM In reply to

ouverture:
    a feature where it will work without a MacBook being connected to the Beoport Phil
    No, that will not be possible as it is due to the firmware of the box...

I meant a feature to allow access to (and distribution of) an analog source in the room in addition to N.MUSIC and N.RADIO.

Page 2 of 3 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >