in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-15-2010 2:07 PM by cooldude. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2010 6:58 AM

Beolink passiv without IR eye connected.Need your help

Hi everybody

I have a beolink passiv but I don't have the IR eye.I tried to test it but I hear no sound.I plug a Masterlink cable into a beosound Ouverture and one CX 100 passiv speaker.

I thought that the beolink passiv could be used like the MCL2P without an IR eye.

PLease, if you have a beolink passiv unplug the IR eye and tell me if you hear any sound.

Thanks a lot

Best regards

OLivier

• 01-15-2010 8:06 AM In reply to

Re: Beolink passiv without IR eye connected.Need your help

If you use Masterlink connection then you MUST use the IR eye.

To use without the IR eye you need to use a fully wired (Mk2) powerlink cable.

Regards Graham

• 01-15-2010 9:19 AM In reply to

Hi Graham

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

I have tried with a powerlink cable but it was in bad condition, I tried with an other one and it works perfectly.

Have you ever tried to use the other kind of IR eYe (the rectangular one) with a beolink passive ?.

I would like to use this beolink passive with an b&o IWS 200 speaker and there is a space inside its cabinet for the flat IR eye not the round.

THanks in advance for your help

Regards

Olivier

• 01-15-2010 2:07 PM In reply to

olvisab:

Hi Graham

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

I have tried with a powerlink cable but it was in bad condition, I tried with an other one and it works perfectly.

Have you ever tried to use the other kind of IR eYe (the rectangular one) with a beolink passive ?.

I would like to use this beolink passive with an b&o IWS 200 speaker and there is a space inside its cabinet for the flat IR eye not the round.

THanks in advance for your help

Regards

Olivier

You indeed need a powerlink cable for use without IR eye

The old rectangular ones work. Though there are several version of them.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)