in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2010 6:24 PM by Steffen. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2010 4:14 AM

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

How to remove front grills on Beovox M70

When I got the M70 I tried to remove the grills in order to examine the units. I didn't succeed. I asked around in this forum, but nobody really knew. Some said that the grills might be glued to the frame, others suggested they could be screwed onto the frame. Well I didn't want to be too violent so I opened the cabinets from the back and dismantled the speakers.

Now I have been told that the grills are attached to the frames with little plastic pins that fit into holes on the frame. I know that system from the Beovox M75, but I haven't had any problems with removing the grills on these speakers.

So can anybody confirm that the M70 grills are attached in the same way as the M75?

/riis

• 02-06-2010 8:33 AM In reply to

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

Re: How to remove front grills on Beovox M70

I have checked the service manual, but unfortunately it doesn't offer much help Sad

• 02-06-2010 2:35 PM In reply to

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

riis:

Well I didn't want to be too violent so I opened the cabinets from the back and dismantled the speakers.

Well my memory must have played me a trick. Today I opened the cabinets again from the back, and I could see that the units were mounted from the front. So I couldn't have dismantled the speakers the last time I opened the cabinets. This recent discovery makes me sure that there must be a way to remove the fronts.

I don't hope that the previous owner has glued the fonts to the cabinets Sad

• 02-07-2010 4:20 AM In reply to

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

Nobody? Confused

• 02-07-2010 5:53 AM In reply to

They come off from the front.

Use a wallpaper scraper or wide putty knife to get in behind them.

• 02-07-2010 3:19 PM In reply to

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

casdave:

They come off from the front.

Use a wallpaper scraper or wide putty knife to get in behind them.

I did it! I followed your advice and used a putty knife. The front was mounted with glue and double adhesive tape. This cannot be the way it came out of the factory. On the other hand, the front had no plastic spikes (and has never had) and there were no holes in the cabinet front to fit the spikes. I really can't figure out how it was done in the first place.

Now I have to take away a lot of dried glue and find a way to mount the front again. What would you recommend?

• 02-09-2010 4:39 PM In reply to

Use self adhesive backed velcro, it was used on some speakers anyway, so you would not be too far out of spec.

• 06-02-2010 6:24 PM In reply to

I think there are 2 versions of the M70. The first version where the frontgrilles is glued -and a later version (before M75) with the pins/holes as seen in all later models. I once had a pair like yours with the grilles glued on -but recently I saw a set for sale on the danish QXL-site where the grilles were off -and there were those holes. (it was M70's according to the guy who had them for sale).

Steffen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)