in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-21-2007 7:32 PM by caci. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2007 3:20 AM

• caci
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-02-2007
    • Posts 13
    • Founder

Power Link Cable Help

Just got my 5m Power Link II cables to connect my BC9300 to Penta 3's.

I have already tested the speakers via DIN-to-RCA plugs and everything was OK.

I cannot get the Pentas to work with the Power Link cables, although I have followed the Instuctions from the Manual for Penta 3.

I have 1 cable connected from the "Power Link 1" of the BC9300 to "Power Link 1" of the LEFT speaker (MODE at "L")

From "Power Link 2" of the LEFT speaker, I have the 2nd Power Link cable connected to "Power Link 1" of the RIGHT speaker (MODE set at "R").

I have the Input Switch of both speakers set to the Power Link position (  == ) .

I'm not getting any sound and only the LEFT speaker display is lit.  Nor do I get  GREEN lights on the Pentas, as I did when using the RCA setup.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

Chris

• 08-21-2007 3:54 AM In reply to

Re: Power Link Cable Help

First, suggest you unplug everything from the power sockets. Now switch the powerlink cables around as one may have a fault which in a daisy chain could be affecting the other.

Now plug the pentas in to the power sockets. Red lights?

Now plug the 9300 in to the power and test the system. What happens?

Regards Graham

• 08-21-2007 10:07 AM In reply to

• caci
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-02-2007
    • Posts 13
    • Founder

Graham,

Followed your directions - only thing that changed is now both speaker displys are lit - still no output.

Then, I reversed the Chain and connected the other speaker first...

Finally, I've even connected the 2 speakers direct (one cable to one 9300 output).

These are BRAND NEW B&O cables, purchased from dealer (#6270698)

I'm sure that I just don't have the "launch code" figured out!

Is there any output control - in other words, which speaker output is enabled from the 9300 - or is that function automatic?

I guess that:

A) There could be a problem with the Pentas connection hardware (jacks)

B) There could be a faulty cable - I guess I can test every conductor of each cable - but with all the ways I've tried to connect, both cables would have to be bad.

• 08-21-2007 11:33 AM In reply to

Hi Chris

You would be unfortunate indeed if both cables were defective!! The two P/L sockets on the 9300 are identical so there is no question of selection.

I am perplexed and will study the service manual. In the meantime can you press the MUTE on your 9300 a few times and see what happens??

Regards Graham

• 08-21-2007 12:03 PM In reply to

• caci
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-02-2007
    • Posts 13
    • Founder

Mute no help.  Matter of fact, I couldn't get the mute to work with the RCA's connected.

I now have the RCA's and Power Links connected (just to prove the speakers.

I've got $96.00 invested in those Power Link cables - like to have them working!

Graham, I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Chris

• 08-21-2007 12:27 PM In reply to

What a puzzle???

It must be either cables or switch positions. Unlikely to be both cables but worth checking continuity pin to pin.

Swiches should be L or R. Give them a wiggle in case the contacts are tarnished!

Mode switch should be III. Again, give it a wiggle.

I assume that both speakers now switch on when commanded from the 9300? Displays OK?

I'm baffled!!!!

Regards Graham

• 08-21-2007 12:31 PM In reply to

• caci
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-02-2007
    • Posts 13
    • Founder

I'll try the switches tonight - along with removing the Jack Panel from the underside of the Pentas to inspect those connections,

Thanks again for all of your help!

• 08-21-2007 7:32 PM In reply to

• caci
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-02-2007
    • Posts 13
    • Founder

Graham,

Still no go - I've tried working the switches back and forth and wiggling the plugs/jacks.

I called the B&O Dealer in San Jose and they referrd me to their local repair center.  I'll have to call the Penta guru in the morning.

There just must be something I'm missing....

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)