in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2012 7:25 PM by mediabobny. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2012 4:22 AM

Beocom 6000 Base not registering

Was wondering if I could get some suggestions on a problem with our Beocom 6000 base.  This is the pyramid base that acts as a receiver as well as a charger.  We've had it for a while now and it's working fine with two Beocom 6000 (MkI) handsets.  But we just acquired a couple of Beocom 1 handsets that we wanted to add to our system. And that's when I noticed the problem.  There is supposed to be a button between the two charging pins in the base that you're supposed to press to get the base to register handsets.  I've pressed and pressed that button and nothing happens on the base, no flashing and I can't register any handsets. 

First I realize that I *might* not be able to use the Beocom 1 handsets with the Beocom 6000 pyramid base, I was just hoping that I could.  But now I'm more worried that if for whatever reason my existing Beocom 6000 handsets get de-registered from the Beocom 6000 I have no way to re-register them back.  So, does anybody have any experience with the old Beocom 6000 pyramid base and why the registering button doesn't seem to work?  Is there another way to put the base into "registration" mode?  Please?

Thanks

Eric

• 01-06-2012 10:18 AM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Re: Beocom 6000 Base not registering

Firstly, Beocom 6000 and Beocom 1 are not compatible with each other.   To put your base unit into registration mode you must press that button on it and keep it pressed until the light in front flashes.  Then it's ready.  And you might need to do a reset on the handset in order to re-register it.  To do this press 'dot' followed by 70009, then 'ok'.

• 01-06-2012 1:28 PM In reply to

Hi, mediabobny. Thanks for the reply.  But the problem is that I've pressed that button on the base and nothing happens.  I can feel/hear it go click but the red light doesn't start flashing. I've tried to register it anyway and the handset just doesn't connect.  I've tried holding the button down and register and still nothing.  Is the base broken?

And I'm OK if the Beocom 1 isn't compatible with the Beocom 6000 base - it came with a PSTN it works with.  I was just hoping to be able to add it to our existing base rather than have two bases.   Do you know if the Beocom 6000 works with the PSTN (the older black rectangular one)?

Thanks

Eric

• 01-06-2012 7:25 PM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

The two systems are totally incompatible (one is 1-line; the other is 2-line) - the 6000 will only work with its triangular base station/charger (at least here in the states).

Hmm - if you push in that button for several seconds and the red light doesn't flash, yes, that's a problem.   Another way to put the base unit into registration mode is to use the handset to re-set it (press dot-70008-then ok).  But you can't do this since none of your phones are registered to it. 

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)