in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-28-2011 5:01 AM by danezro. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2011 11:29 AM

BV7-40 MKII Sky + and Apple TV (old style)

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but I couldn’t find a definitive answer when searching the forum.

I used to have a Virgin + box connected to PrPbY  and the Apple TV to the DV-I port,  I have since moved house and have Sky.

The Sky man connected the Sky + Pace box to the DV-I port using AV3 for audio which works fine.

Now whatever I try and do I cannot get a picture from the Apple TV – I have it connected using AV4 so the audio is fine using R and L, then using the video out  (blue,red,green) at the back of the Apple TV connected to the PrPbY at the back of the TV – nothing at all.

Any help at all is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

• 07-26-2011 12:04 PM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7-40 MKII Sky + and Apple TV (old style)

Just to check that the video out is ok, does your TV have HDMI & if so does the ATV work using this?

At least you'll then have narrowed down the problem. 

• 07-26-2011 12:33 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply Kokomo.

No, the BV7-40 doesn't have any hdmi ports, just DV-I and PrPbY for HD.

Ater posting I tested the ATV using both the HDMI and the PrPbY connections on a Toshiba LCD that I have in my room and both worked fine, picture came on straight away - the ATV doesn't seem fusssed which connection I use, I didn't have to change any settings.

• 07-26-2011 1:48 PM In reply to

Hi, make sure that AV4 has the additional component HD switched on in the connections menu!

Douglas 

• 07-27-2011 5:37 AM In reply to

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the reply, at the moment under AV4 I have:

Source: STB(v.aux)

Audio: None

IR: C1

HDTV: YPbPr

Then stb is Apple Remote

STB Off: never

• 07-27-2011 8:22 AM In reply to

Hi again, are you sure remote sender is in C1? if yes try putting sender 3-5cm away from ATV receiver.

I have the same set-up on a BV7-40 MK2 with Application software 30.03 which enables all 4 remote senders! and allows for a Gefen HDMI splitter on the DVI socket!

Regards D.C

p.s my ATV only works with the sender placed as described above(I dont know why)

• 07-27-2011 10:42 AM In reply to

Thanks, I will give it a try when I get home.

Out of interest do you  have your Sky box and ATV running off the DV-I slot using the splitter?

If so, how do you switch between the two without going up to the splitter?

Thanks

Dan

• 07-28-2011 3:31 AM In reply to

Hi, The gefen splitter is controlled from one of the STB controllers (In my case nr 1-Gefen code is built in to the STB table, you cant see it on the STB table, its activated when you switch on the HDMI expander in the connections menu. I have ATV on 4 with TV button, SKY HD on 3 with DTV2/V-AUX & Freesat on 2 as DTV. 

With the software 30.03 update you can switch of the TV analogue tuner & use the TV button for whatever you want! This update is supposed to be only for 7-40 MK2 TVs with the HD module but it works perfectly without it, as mentioned above you have also the use of DTV2 instead of V-AUX.

So o answer your question, yes all SKY HD & ATV1 are connected to the expander which is connected to the DVI, leaving Component free for other HD sources.

P.S S/W update is 2 chips in TV and a Flash update from dealers service tool, chips cost me € 50, update was free.

Regards Douglas

• 07-28-2011 5:01 AM In reply to

Thanks for the information, as I don't have those options I'll assume I need to update the TV first.

Still no luck even with the sender placed as suggested.

Dan

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)