in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-17-2011 5:13 PM by Clakke. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2011 5:34 PM

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Link room with passive speakers

Hi

I have a question for someone with technical knowledge.

If two Beovox speakers are to be installed, a Beolink passive is needed (with amplifier included), right? So far no problem. I also have one passive noname loudspeaker in a bathroom ceiling. I am told that this also could be used in the same zone as the two beovox speakers. This should mean that the all three speakers will play if you start the zone. Are there some method to be able to split the three speakers in two zones with just one Beolink passive? What I would like is to play the speaker in the bathroom without starting the two beovox speakers (or start the two beovox without the bathroom). It is not necessary to be able to have two different volume level in the two rooms.

Can this be solved without buying two BL passive?

Have a nice evening/morning

Clakke

• 01-13-2011 12:55 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Re: Link room with passive speakers

Hi Clakke,

No chance.

You will need two BL Passover I'm afraid.

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 01-13-2011 8:22 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

I think that you could solve this problem with a simple passive speaker switching box.

Connect the BeoLink Passive amp to a loudspeaker switch box and then connect your three loudspeakers to the switch box. Speakers A can be switched on whilst Speakers B are off or vice versa. I don't see a problem with this working. You just need to position the speaker switch box somewhere easily accesible to switch on whichever speakers you want to listen to.

Opman

• 01-13-2011 9:06 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Should be possible to connect two Extra Speaker Kits - MCL2A - to the BL passive. You will also need two IR receivers. Now you can control your main system from both zones.

Stefan

• 01-13-2011 12:58 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Opman:

I think that you could solve this problem with a simple passive speaker switching box.

Connect the BeoLink Passive amp to a loudspeaker switch box and then connect your three loudspeakers to the switch box. Speakers A can be switched on whilst Speakers B are off or vice versa. I don't see a problem with this working. You just need to position the speaker switch box somewhere easily accesible to switch on whichever speakers you want to listen to.

Opman

Hi

Thank you. This should work. It is a "rough" solution but will probably work.

Clakke

• 01-13-2011 12:59 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

stefan:

Should be possible to connect two Extra Speaker Kits - MCL2A - to the BL passive. You will also need two IR receivers. Now you can control your main system from both zones.

Stefan

Hi

This sounds most interesting. Could you develop a bit more please? What is a MCL2A?

Clakke

• 01-13-2011 1:14 PM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

Look at the MCL Handbook (PDF)

Google search on: mcl handbook bang olufsen

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 01-17-2011 5:13 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

kallasr:

Look at the MCL Handbook (PDF)

Google search on: mcl handbook bang olufsen

Ralf

Hi

Forgot to thank you for your answers, so I do it now. I will read it when I have the time.

Have a nice evening

Clakke

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)