in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-02-2007 3:22 PM by BenSA. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2007 6:46 AM

• Fonz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 4500 switch repair

The glass panel on my receiver is loose.

Question#1: I have also lost FM to #'s 0,1,3 and 4. The rest work. I can get #1 and #3 to work if I press hard on the glass panel but of course that is unacceptable. All work through the Beolink1. Can the little tube switches be adjusted? Turned perhaps?

Question#2: I want to glue the glass panel back on. Could I just rub the (cork?) stripes with mineral spirits or some other solvent with a cotton swab to reactivate the glue? If that doesn't work maybe a very light coating of contact cement? If not that could you recommend an appropriate glue? 

Maybe some knowledge on just how the tube switches work would be helpful. Being a novice, I'm truly thankful to all those who reply.

My sincere thanks,

Fonz

• 07-02-2007 3:22 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Re: Beomaster 4500 switch repair

The fm's are not working because the glass is loose and the sensors are not making proper contact with the conductors on the underneath of the glass. Once the glass is glued back on they will work. I used black silicone to glue mine back. Worked perfectly and you don't need to use much. DO NOT use things like superglue as it removes the black on the glass. You have to remove the glass completely and the plastic clips. Clean them and then put them back. If you are not sure on how to disassemble the glass and plastic holder let me know

Durban South Africa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)