in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2010 9:04 AM by Beobuddy. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2010 1:41 PM

Beo5, a STB-C extender?

Just a general question about the Beo5.

As I own a BV5 with the STB-C controller, it has only 2 ir-drivers for 3rd party settopboxes.

As a read that the Beo5 has a macro function, it is possible to command a TVIX 6500 on a scart which is named (e.g.) DVD or DVD/DVI?

So the macro would be able to start the BV5 in DVD mode and then send every (ir)command to the TVIX?

Is it the same like a Logitech remote with macro functionality?  

• 07-30-2010 3:37 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beo5, a STB-C extender?

Yes , that is possible, you just need to make a new button that says "DVD" which sends a B&O DVD IR signal, and the subpage that openes after that, just sends the 3rd party IR codes your tvix needs.

/Weebyx

• 07-30-2010 1:40 PM In reply to

Ok, thanks for the info Smile

No(t much) experience with the Beo5, so it could be solution instead of a bs3 for the moment. Dispite the lack of link functionality.

Is it rather easy to program the Beo5 with the configuration tool, or do I have to make my own XML file(s) to make this setup work properly?

I mean, does the configuration tool standard support macro's , or do I have to program it myself?

• 07-31-2010 4:46 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

The configuration tool is not the best tool when it comes to 3rd party, so i always make the xml files for the product and then just add's the product in the config tool, in fact,  you cannot add 3rd party IR codes using the config tool, so that should always be made in a xml file for it self at first, then you use te config tool afterwards to assign the buttons and so on to your Beo5.

If you have no experience in creating xml files and so on, this will be quite a task for you.

The macro part is supported by the config tool, but can also be done directly in the xml file(which i recommend).

If you have any quiestions, then post them in the Beo5 forum, and I(and probably also Keith) will answer your questions Big Smile

/Weebyx

• 07-31-2010 11:01 AM In reply to

Thanks again for clearing up some questions.

As you may have noticed I haven't purchased a Beo5 yet, so asking these questions gives me the opportunity to clearify things before purchasing it. Personally never really liked the design and the Beo4 is more handy/faster.  

By having a "standard" setup, the dealer normally programs the Beo5 for you. But I may change things every several months. So I am wondering if I can reconfigure it myself. I know it takes some time to become familiar with the software/files. 

Right now I am considering if the amount of time I have to spend weighs up against the benefits of purchasing a Beo5.

I know that there is a special Beo5 forum, but for me I think it is only an interesting area for once I have bought a Beo5.  

• 08-01-2010 3:08 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

You can reconfigure it by yourself, IF you get your hands on the config tool, it is not a tool that comes with the Beo5, and dealers are not allowed to give it to you, however, there are places on the internet, and i would just ask the dealer to get a copy of the tool when i buy it, i would not pay 5000dkr for a configurable remote, unless i could configure it myself.

So try different dealers, or find the tool on the internet before you buy the remote.

/Weebyx

• 08-02-2010 9:04 AM In reply to

Thanks Weebyx,

At the moment I'm considering of buying the Beo5 at my dealers (which will provide me with the software for sure), or buying a second-life one and start searching for the software myself.

It takes a small investment for something I am not sure about wether I'll get it working.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)