in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-20-2010 8:33 AM by burantek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2010 5:53 AM

Mains lead compatible with Beolab 1700

Hello.

I have just acquired a Beolab 1700 amplifier. It didn't arrive with a mains lead.

On the back of the unit is the socket which will take a 2 pin male plug.

This looks very dangerous as I will have to connect using a 2 pin male plug which will have live pins. I assume that some form of adaptor must be used to make it safe to use in the UK.

Does anyone know what I am talking about and have an answer.

Thanks

• 07-20-2010 6:50 AM In reply to

Re: Mains lead compatible with Beolab 1700

It's a two pin European plug, you can either buy a convertor or cut the plug off and rewire into a UK spec plug.

Or get someone qualified to do it for safety reasons!

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 07-20-2010 7:46 AM In reply to

Hello.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for my ignorance and confusion, but at the back of the unit there is a female 2 pin which I thought was the mains feed, hence my question.

There is also a lead attached to the rear of the unit with a male 2 pin attached. Is this the mains feed or is this plugged into other units as their mains supply?

• 07-20-2010 8:33 AM In reply to

Welcome to BeoWorld!

Akin to the BL5000 -it sounds like you are OK.

The female socket on the BL is for plugging in the mains lead from a BM1700 TUNER. The male lead on the BL is the mains lead and will power both devices. You, of course, don't have to plug the BM into the BL...

Hope that helps.

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)