in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-24-2007 3:05 PM by mobeyone. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2007 1:55 PM

LC1/2 and CFLs... can they be used togther?

I have always been led to believe that energy saving bulbs cannot be used with B&Os light controllers, but according to this site.

If I am reading this right, I can use this with an LC1 or 2? can anyone confirm? or have any thoughts? 

• 06-24-2007 1:59 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: LC1/2 and CFLs... can they be used togther?

Looking at you link Mobe, I would say yes. They seem to be specially made for just that purpose. 

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-24-2007 2:04 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

They can, but you have to set up the LC2s to switch on and off without fading.
  • 06-24-2007 2:09 PM In reply to

frog:
    They can, but you have to set up the LC2s to switch on and off without fading.

This is what "confuses me Wink

I am with Craig in that the site confirms that you can use the bulb with a dimmer switch? I dont think you have as much control as say an incandescent but you have some form of dim? and not just a case of off and on?

• 06-24-2007 2:32 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hiya Mobe.
    I have never come across these bulbs before. You do realise they have 4 pins, don't you?
    I know you can program LC2 to be on/off instead of dimming, in which case they can be used with flourescent lights, but I don't think LC1 has the same ability.
    Just been and checked. The wording in the manual says "The LC 1 is designed exclusively for the connection of incandescant lamps. Their italics.
    Have you checked where you can get a 4 pin lamp socket?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-24-2007 3:05 PM In reply to

Hey Andy,

They are the right bulbs! The lamps are by Louis Poulsen and are all 4 pin as above, I think its all this green malarky that LP has jumped onto....

But to me the site advises that the problems with CFLs previously are no more due to a change in design which makes them safe to use with a dimmer and can mimic a incandescent light bulb without causing problems.. such as a fire!

To be honest, I probably will not use the dim function and just have it set to on/off.. but still a nice feature to have!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)