in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-29-2010 7:52 AM by Dave. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2010 6:24 AM

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

DVD 1 question

Can someone tell me please, if the DVD 1 is not connected by scart to a B&O TV, whether:-

1. It can be operated from its front panel controls and/or

2. Operated via the Beo 4

Thanks

• 03-28-2010 6:53 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: DVD 1 question

If the B&O tv or system has CTRL output, then yes it can still be operated by remote. 

DVD1 receives remote commands via one of the scart pins, OR, the CTRL connector (found on systems like BeoSystem 1,2 & 3)

It can be operated via the close up panel in any setup, but fuctions would be very limited.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-28-2010 7:18 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Dave, then I've clearly got a problem!

I have my DVD1 connected to my Beovision 3. The DVD1 has been unplgged for a while and today I plugged it back in again and inserted a dvd. As normal the DVD1 appeared to be reading the disc and then displayed 000, however that's all it does! I can eject from the front panel but pressing 'play' has no affect. Trying operation from my Beo4 achieves nothing either as I can't seem to connect in any way with the DVD1. I can't even switch it off from the Beo4.

I thought that a faulty scart connection to the TV may be problem, or some TV setting, but it appears not.

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks again Dave.

• 03-28-2010 7:29 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Sorry, Sorry! A panic too quickly!

For some reason I had the scart plug in the wrong TV scart socket. Don't know how or why but can only assume I'd been sorting the cables and got this one wrong when plugging them back in.

Sunday peace of mind duly restored

• 03-28-2010 11:33 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh no! Does the machine now work again? It doesn't sound promising to be honest with you, mate...

DVD1 was the most disappointing piece i've bought, not very B&O at all - in how it was built or with its longevity.

• 03-29-2010 5:13 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Have to agree with you Dave. Yes it's now working 'fine'. I don't watch many DVDs, but it is very fussy about playing discs recorded on my PC but that's abother question!

When I was reaquainting myself with it yesterday and reading the manual I found I couldn't access the on-screen toolbar or many of the other picture and sound settings, but it seems they are not available on all models (?). For example, pressing the blue button on the Beo4 is supposed to bring up a comprehensive menu but I only see 'angle....' and no more.

If anyone knows why then I like to know.

Notwithstanding all that though, it's Ok for my use.

Thanks Dave.

• 03-29-2010 7:52 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Yes, the manual you are reading is for the other type ( I THINK yours sounds like the later model, with the Pioneer innards ). I now have a BC2 and it's a completely different world of build quality. Unbelieveable.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)