in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-29-2009 3:04 AM by thavn. 47 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (48 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-25-2009 2:09 PM

BV 10-40 and BL 5000

Acanthus

• 12-25-2009 2:18 PM In reply to

Re: BV 10-40 and BL 5000

Hello,

I got my VB 10 almost as a Christmas present. It arrived on 22.12. I finished the installation today.

I preordered the tv already at the end of september. It was the first B&O product I ordered without seeing even a pic of it first.

I knew only the dimensions. I think the BV 10 matches quite well with 20 years old loudspeakers!

Acanthus

• 12-25-2009 2:31 PM In reply to

Acanthus

• 12-25-2009 2:38 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Great giftGift! Very nice speaker choice! I have never seen a lab 5000 with white corners, very classy. Lovely install as well.

Evan

• 12-25-2009 6:06 PM In reply to

all i can say is wow that tv looks so sleek on your wall along side those speakers very nice.

• 12-25-2009 6:28 PM In reply to

Very nice indeed - a great match! However I see you have discovered the same problem as me - no data feed to the speakers - my Pentas are blank too.

• 12-26-2009 12:34 AM In reply to

Outstranding, Excellent Bravo!

Your setup just proves one of the most overlooked values of B&O products, what other product line allows such perfect blending between old and new?

• 12-26-2009 2:21 AM In reply to

Acanthus:

Superb !

Did you consider having the speakers swapped around ?

(I don't even known if that is possible!)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-26-2009 3:20 AM In reply to

Oh my God, I would kill for such a setup..really!Embarrassed

I really wonder how long B&O will wait before they release flat panel speakers again, the interview with the UK CEO seems to say "not for now, there's more urgent", but never say never..

Splendid!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-26-2009 4:03 AM In reply to

• Noah
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2008
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 120
    • Silver Member

This is one of the greatest setups i have ever seen!!!Unsure

Congratulations for that...i am totaly overwhelmed.

That is a gorgeous example for the compatibility of older B&O equipment with the newer collection, isn't it!!?

• 12-26-2009 4:07 AM In reply to

Yes they can be reversed and I considerd them also the polished aluminium part pointing outwards, but somehow this looked and felt better. The main reasons  for this are:

- the stereo image is broader this way

- BV 10 has a very elegant frame and the fabric side of BL 5000 is quite clumsy. So the two products kind of "speak" with each other better this way.

My favorite loudspeakers for this tv are BL 6000's. Especially I like the setup with blue frets. But because I already had these speakers in the bedroom, I tried them first. In the living room I have BL 6000's as rear speakers and I just ordered a pair of BL 3's to replace them. So I might try also these more slim speakers in front but first I have them as the rear ones.

The lack of display was a big disappointment for me because the tv is in the bedroom and I was used to the information from the main room.

The square corners of BL 5000 aren't actually white but brushed aluminium. In my photos they look quite white.

I noticed one thing that is'n designed so well in BV 10. That is the cover for the cords in the back. It cannot be used when installing the tv to the wall because every time you move the tv the cords tear the lid open. That is because the cords are fixed under the aluminium cable cover on the wall and cannot move. Of course the lid isn't needed when installing the tv on the wall so I stored it away and hope it will stay in good shape for the possible future use. (The cable cover on the wall is at the hinge side so the installation should be ok in that sense.)

Acanthus

• 12-26-2009 4:25 AM In reply to

All I can say is.....NICE!!!!!!

Yes first look I have swap side of the speaker, but then you told how you thinking I with youYes -  thumbs up

• 12-26-2009 5:19 AM In reply to

The cable cover should not be a problem - as long as you route the cables to the hinge side. there should be no movement. 

• 12-26-2009 7:41 AM In reply to

Great setup. They match very well together.

My personal suggestion  and taste: I would align all three elements at the top so that the amplifier setions of the BL5000 will fall below the botom of the BV10. I would also center the cable cover for each element / or at least center the cable cover of the BV10 giving the whole setup some kind of symetry.

• 12-26-2009 7:53 AM In reply to

In theory the cable cover should work if all the cables are on the axis of the hinge, but in practice...

I have now 7 cables and soon 10 or 11. They all cannot be on the axis and that makes the problem. Fortunately one has to go behind the tv very seldom. The need to use two cable covers on the wall causes my problem. Using only one could solve it, but then I couldnt't hide all the necessary cables.

To make my point of orientetion of the loudspeakers clearer I enclose one more photo. The side of the speaker and the frame of the tv are clearly visble.

There you can see also the cause of the cord problem: two cable covers. I'll try to find a larger cover which still fits behind the frame of the tv. Unfortunately the height of the section of the cover cannot be much more.

Acanthus

• 12-26-2009 8:29 AM In reply to

Very nice set-up.

• 12-26-2009 10:58 AM In reply to

First, beautiful setup and thanks for posting the pics! It is a match a lot of us have been looking forward to seeing!

@[Peter]: Is there simply no "DATA" coming down the pipe from the BV10 for the displays?

I wonder if [Ridax] might have a solution in his bag of tricks? Or, Is there an audio master in this setup? How about a rewire... (attaching the BL's to the audio instead) ...would provide audio display, but nothing from the BV, I assume? On the other hand, the lack of displays might just be a benefit on movie night...

Just thinking out loud!

++++EDIT++++

Is this setup linked to the other room? BV to BV?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-26-2009 11:15 AM In reply to

Thank you for your nice comments!

About aligning: In the past I used to align eveything because it was so easy but then I started to break that rule to make things more interesting.

In this case the facts are: the tv is 96 cms high, the loudspeaker 101 cms and the loudspeaker without the amplifier unit is 85 cms. So there was no an easy solution available. I decided to install the tv in the middle but lifted it 0,5 cms to make the set-up more interesting. The tv is esthetically quite heavy and tends to go down in the composition.

Horizontally I had no much choices. The horizontal studs in the wall and the clearance for the door gave me the measurements. Important for me was that there is enough space between the units. In general: the design of B&O needs space.

It is interesting to have a conversation with you also on these matters.

What do you think would be the best colour for the cabinet I'm going to purchase for my bluray-player. The choices are black and white. The furniture is the same that is used in combination with BV 8-40.

Acanthus

• 12-26-2009 11:16 AM In reply to

The service manual suggests that there is a data connection but certainly nothing coming through to the Pentas. Interestingly the Beolab 3000s are still fine in a link room. Sky is shown as V-SAT.

• 12-26-2009 11:22 AM In reply to

Peter :

The service manual suggests that there is a data connection but certainly nothing coming through to the Pentas. Interestingly the Beolab 3000s are still fine in a link room. Sky is shown as V-SAT.

Hmmm... interesting! Stupid question: Were the BL's V/A/O switches set for video? And/Or in the case of the link room BL's... I assume they are ML'd together and carrying data. The direct PL outputs of the BV10 simply don't carry the data?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-26-2009 11:26 AM In reply to

Acanthus:
    What do you think would be the best colour for the cabinet I'm going to purchase for my bluray-player. The choices are black and white. The furniture is the same that is used in combination with BV 8-40.

White... It will retain the floating looks of the BV/BL's and it will match the heater below the windows at or about the same height.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-26-2009 11:30 AM In reply to

Yes the setup is linked to another room.

Attached is a pic of the mainroom.

Acanthus

• 12-26-2009 11:35 AM In reply to

Acanthus:

Good grief, man! What a beautiful place! When can I move in? Big Smile

OK... I was thinking that with linkage from BV to BV, perhaps the BL's would display... but not the case. Per my previous post... V/A/O switch set to V or the PL outputs simply don't push the data... seemingly makes sense as B&o no longer produces the display speakers.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-26-2009 11:48 AM In reply to

Acanthus:

I've stood without words (even because I've never been very brave in english), I can only say: "My God: I think I've just fallen in love" Surprise

Very NICE set up Yes -  thumbs up

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 12-26-2009 12:12 PM In reply to

Very beautiful - I expect to see you in the next catalogue! Big Smile

Page 1 of 2 (48 items) 1 2 Next >