in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-22-2009 9:02 AM by stephen290361. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2009 7:48 AM

Beomedia set up some problems

Hi guys,

I have been installing a BM to my B&O system over the past couple of days I purchased it from a B&O shop (used) I have managed to get it running after several reboots and amendments to the display I can view the BM on my network and I can access it through my vista op lap top using bm-user, but the folder "bm user" - all though showing shared in BM is not diplayed. I also have a beoport installed on a XP running machine and that has has picked up the bm, but needed to be shown address first. I am assuming looking at the bm user folder through the bm Service facility that the user permission ony has administrator in it's list do I need to add "bm-user"? Don't know how but could find out just need to know if I have to as I don't want to waist more of my time. I am still a littlle unsure how to use the Beoport to transfer the files but if that is the only way then I will have to learn more.

I have in my ML a beovision 7 / beosound 9000 / beoport / 2 off beovision tv (old ones) / beomedia1 (i think) is it possable to view on my other beovision tv's the bm in the sam way as bv7?

I know the above is a lot to ask but I would be grateful.

Kind regards  

• 05-21-2009 8:40 AM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beomedia set up some problems

Try this

Open your Windows Explorer and type in the adress bar

\\IP\bm-share$\ (IP is the Beomedia IP)

When prompted to login enter the following:

User: bm-user
    Password: *** (your password)

You should see now a hidden folder where you can put your files

• 05-22-2009 9:02 AM In reply to

Re: Beomedia set up some problems

HI Gerd

Thank you for your quick response I tried it but without any success. I did however go through on the service menu and shared the data directory which got me in to bm-user folder.

I'm sure I will be on the site soon for more advice.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)