in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-26-2011 10:28 AM by hackel. 85 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2009 4:34 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 5 - First Impressions

Dkresz, you wrote

"If you purchase the complementing BeoSound 5 unit to improve the overall appearance, gain the MOTS function and a better navigational means for your music collection then you can only control the system unidirectionally (i.e. only from the BeoSound 5)....." "Some control can be gained by using the Beo4 or Beo5 remote controls but nothing spectacular (jump to next song and re-seed the MOTS with a new song being the main functions achieved via the remote control)."

This is highly surprising to me - if I read your posting correctly, the possibilities of operating the BM5 via TV on screen menus is quite limited when a BS5 is connected?

• 04-01-2009 7:40 AM In reply to

That is correct.  With the current (and perhaps future) versions of the software, once the BS5 head unit is connected to the BM5 (i.e. full package setup) the focus is mainly on the BS5.  If the BM5 is used by itself then the functionality is similar but perhaps more advanced than that of the old BM1.  That is, you gain full control of the unit via the remote control and you can browse albums, select tracks etc.  BS5 hooked up and: no browsing functionality exists.  I can see the point if the BS5 is used in Audio mode (i.e. no TV screen enabled).  In such instance, one only wants to use the BS5 and walk to it, browse using the somewhat pretty interface, change the volume using the wheel and so on.  But, for those with a TV set hooked up,every now and then you may feel like sitting back on the couch and selecting a different album.  Nope.  Not at present (and I believe that was intentional but some may not consider practical).  Overall, not a bad unit just needs further tweaking (via SW).

• 09-17-2011 5:10 AM In reply to

• BOMF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-12-2009
    • Lausanne
    • Posts 26
    • Bronze Member

Hello,

I just ordered a BeoSound 5 Encore and I don't know yet which stand I should choose. I want to use it on a shelf but should I use the table stand (and so where does the wires go ?) or the wall mount ?

Thank you

Nicolas

• 09-17-2011 7:02 AM In reply to

Same question. What's your feeling about selecting tracks and albums with the remote distant from the unit?
  • 09-17-2011 7:16 AM In reply to

The fact that when connecting a BS5 to the BM5, navigation with the remote is no longer possible, just doesn't make any sense.

I have several TVs in different rooms. Each time I want to change the track or album I have to return to the room where the BS5 is installed to do it.

This is just crazy!
  • 09-19-2011 4:49 AM In reply to

You need a wifi enabled Beo6.

• 09-19-2011 5:09 PM In reply to

Right. This may be a solution, but I will have to replace all my Beo5 remotes!
  • 09-21-2011 6:18 PM In reply to

Another solution with iphone or Android smartphone, you take Twonky or Bubble Upnp and you'll take control of the beomaster 5 every where in your house. Very simply with all cover on the sceen and choice by Artist, Album, ....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV7-40, BL9, BL4000, BL2000, BV6-26, Beosound 5, Avant70

• 09-22-2011 1:20 AM In reply to

You're saying that I just have to install the App into my iPhone and then will be able to control the BM5. Right?
  • 09-23-2011 1:19 AM In reply to

Tried Twonky. Looks interesting, turns on BS5, but the play button from the iPhone results in an error message and BS5 stays on PAUSE mode. Did you experience the same issue?
  • 09-26-2011 10:28 AM In reply to

Not on android platform.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV7-40, BL9, BL4000, BL2000, BV6-26, Beosound 5, Avant70

Page 4 of 4 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4