in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-10-2009 5:05 PM by marrow999. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-13-2008 8:57 AM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Beomedia

Hello All

with the launch of beosound 5 i keep reading about a final software update for Beomedia 1 how true is this

also has anyone updated the processor on it ? 

i have updated the ram but need more umpf lol

does anyone actually know if beomedia will get the "one final" update.

i do hope it allos the viewing of covers.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 11-18-2008 5:00 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beomedia

Hi,

A year ago I started a home project updatering my BM1 with a more powefull processor borard. I bought a VIA EN1500 board (the most powerfull VIA borard at that time) and gor everything up and running. I however faced two issues: 1) There are no wide screen 1366*768 drivers for VIA En1500 borard. 2) The BM1 temprature monitor program does not report the right temprature on the En1500 borad. Mainly for the forst issue I never actually implemented the new borard and are still running with the original MII-1200 board.

Ken

• 11-18-2008 6:15 AM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

I also would like to know if the BM1 will receive a final update.
  • 11-18-2008 7:15 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

would be nice if it did and you coudl see album covers like yolu can on beoplayer

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 02-05-2009 3:02 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

The main issue now is the fact that they moved all the graphics handling from the main board to a dedicated video board - a totally new S/W design. So the plan to have the same S/W for both BM1 and BM5 had to be dropped.

Roger

• 02-05-2009 8:12 PM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

From Roger's post it looks as if there is a new hardware/software platform.  So the question is...will they provide a software update to Beomedia 1?  I would love to receive a yes or no on this point. 

What they should do is offer a hardware upgrade option which upgrades the internals of the Beomedia 1 to that of the Beomaster 5 so that they only have to worry about the new platform instead of two platforms.  Further, they should do this at or near cost.  This would eliminate the requirement to support two platforms and would go along way to making whole the people that bought the BeoMedia 1 on the promise of future upgrades (and Beosound 5 compatibility). 

If no software upgrade is provided or if no reduced cost upgrade option is provided, I will give up on B&O digital solutions and embrace apple. 

Further, regarding Beomedia 1 and Beomaster 5.....why no AAC lossless compatibility?  If I (not a programmer) am able to add this capability to windows media player (although not easily) I would think B&O would figure out how.

Filed under:
  • 02-06-2009 6:02 AM In reply to

Beophile:

Further, regarding Beomedia 1 and Beomaster 5.....why no AAC lossless compatibility?  If I (not a programmer) am able to add this capability to windows media player (although not easily) I would think B&O would figure out how.

Yes, you can do that as a private person on your home PC, but it's a completely different thing when you're a company making products for sale. Firstly Apple and Microsoft aren't exactly known for their warm relations supporting each other's businesses, and secondly I believe AAC is a product you have to license. And Apple isn't giving away commercial licenses, they have their own products to sell.

-mika

• 09-10-2009 5:05 PM In reply to

I just received an update today???? - the information says its a new improved version but I see no changes - anyone else been notified of an apparent update recently?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)