in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-23-2008 11:44 AM by Greg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-19-2008 3:52 PM

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

More fun with BeoTalk 1200!

OK, so I've got a BeoTalk 1200 working nicely plugged into the phone socket along with BeoLine PSTN base, using the splitter supplied with BeoLine base. I've paired a BeoCom 6000 to the base, and it all works just fine. I can pick up the 6000 and get the handset icon in the display of BeoTalk 1200. And I can call this line from another phone and the BeoTalk will answer and let me leave a message. All good so far.

But, as I talked about in another thread, the phone socket is the opposite side of the house to where I want the phone and answer machine. No problem for the BeoCom 6000 of course. As for the BeoTalk, I think it was Sensotronic on here suggested a BT Diverse Cordless Socket; i.e. a DECT cordless 'client' with phone socket on it. I wasn't able to get one of these (they're no longer available) but I did manage to get a DistyBox300, which is pretty much the same thing. I've successfully paired it with the BeoLine base and am able to plug in a corded phone and it works.

But, when I plug the BeoTalk to this socket, it doesn't work properly. If I call the number, the BeoTalk will display the number calling but not answer the call. Also, when I lift the 6000 on the same line the handset icon does not appear in the BeoTalk display.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? The BeoTalk seems fine, because it works fine plugged into the main phone socket, and the DistyBox seems OK too because you can plug in a phone and make/receive a call.

Help! 

• 09-19-2008 4:38 PM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

Re: More fun with BeoTalk 1200!

Have just found in the DistyBox manual that the line socket connection is to the two middle connections (pins 3 and 4) - are these the right connections for the line connection to the BeoTalk??
  • 09-23-2008 11:44 AM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

Re: More fun with BeoTalk 1200!

Found another thread on here with the answer... the splitter supplied with the BeoTalk only had pins 2 and 5 connected on the line connection. Local B&O dealer gave me a splitter from the old-style BeoCom PSTN base which has pins 3 and 4 connected - so works with the DistyBox cordless socket (and thanks to Sensotronic for the cordless socket suggestion). 

Only problem (not too much of a problem) is the BeoTalk sometimes takes a while to detect the caller has hung up.. I understand this is a symptom of having ADSL on the same line. Might shift the ADSL to the other phone line if/when we switch broadband provider.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)