in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-03-2008 4:40 PM by claesson. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2008 3:33 PM

• claesson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Zurich
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

Harmony? ;-) Can I make these link components work together? BS3, BM7000, BeoPort and BL Active?!

Great fun reading the forums!

Started buying B&O stuff back in the 80ies and by now my house is "well equipped" (my wife would use more profane words)....  But, I have really never been able to crack the Link Option logic, given that there is one ;-) 

Anyway, in this case I have
    - a BeoSystem3 [v.opt 2] in the main room
    - one room with a BeoPort [opt 6] and a BeoMaster 7000 [opt 0] hooked up through a 1611 ML/MCL converter
    - a second link room with a BeoLink Active [opt 6?].  
    Please also see the sketch below. "All" I want is to be able to habe the full link functionality in all rooms: N.RADIO, N.MUSIC, TV, RADIO, PHONO, etc. 

The challenge is that the BeoPort and the BM7000 fight each other. When the BeoPort is removed basic commands work well in all rooms, obviously excluding N.RADIO and N.MUSIC. If I instead remove the BM7000 I can use the BeoPort extended command set incl N.RADIO & N.MUSIC, but then obviously the BM7000 functionality RADIO, CD, PHONO, etc. will not be available.

When I have both the BeoPort and the BM7000 hooked up the N.RADIO command from any room turns on PHONO on the BM7000 (together with N.RADIO on the BeoPort if I'm lucky). The N.MUSIC command turns on TAPE2 on the BM7000.   

Any combination of link options that would make this work?

Any other workaround other than junking the BeoPort and instead drive an AUX port on the BM7000 directly from the PC? My wife will not let me buy the BS9000 that I think I deserve after all this ;-D

Thanks! / Ulf

• 08-25-2008 4:38 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Re: Harmony? ;-) Can I make these link components work together? BS3, BM7000, BeoPort and BL Active?!

Hi Ulf!

The options mentioned in your setup seem to be OK. 

The Net-Music command is the same as Vtape2, The Net-Radio command is the same as Phono.

So it seems to be normal that the BM7000, which is the Audio Master of your system turns to Phono or Vtape2 when it recieve these commands.

Did you try Link-Phono to get Net-Radio?

I don't think it will work, but who knows?

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 08-25-2008 4:56 PM In reply to

Re: Harmony? ;-) Can I make these link components work together? BS3, BM7000, BeoPort and BL Active?!

I am afraid you have hit a problem of B&O's making here. Instead of using new codes for N.Radio and N.Music, they used old codes imagining that no-one would still be using cassettes or LPs. This may well be the case, but the poor old Beomaster 7000 doesn't know that! Your other problem is that the only way to get the BM7000 working around the house is to have it as the Audio Master.

Yann is suggesting setting the Beoport to option 4 so that it will need a LINK putting before commands - I am not sure this will work but worth a try! 

• 08-26-2008 10:08 AM In reply to

• claesson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Zurich
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

Yann and Peter,

many thanks for your input. As suspected the LINK workaround didn't do it.

It's unfortunate but I guess I'll have to junk the BeoPort and go "industry standard" then, i.e. PC-to-AUX. There are enough services on the internet to compensate, from iTunes to radiotower.com and live-music.net. It's still a shame though...

Thanks again! / Ulf

• 09-03-2008 3:42 PM In reply to

• claesson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Zurich
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

If anyone's interested on to know how this ended - at least for now, here's the story:

1. BeoPort: I didn't junk it since I want to continue using the BeoPort application on the PC, i.e. including N.RADIO. N.RADIO doesn't work without the BeoPort hardware. But, I took it off the Master Link and set the link option to 0 to avoid conflicts in that room.

2. I connnected audio out on the PC to TAPE2 on the BeoMaster 7000

3. Since the codes for for TAPE2 and N.MUSIC are the same I can now use the N.MUSIC command on a Beo4 in any link room and I get whatever runs on the BeoPort/PC through TAPE2 on the BM7000. 

Crappy workaround but at least it works!

Now, to complete the picture can anyone tell me how I can make a BeoLink 1000 remote send a TAPE2 command? ;-) 

Thanks!    

• 09-03-2008 4:09 PM In reply to

Shift, A.Tape. That is how my 5500 is connected to my Mac!
  • 09-03-2008 4:40 PM In reply to

• claesson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Zurich
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

Cool - thanks Peter!
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)