in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-12-2007 2:59 PM by Peter. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2007 12:34 AM

• beotex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Option Question - Link Room

Let me first describe our setup - 

Main room: Beosystem 1 and Beosound 9000

Link room: Avant and Passive (with IR eye)

I have them all linked together, and I am having trouble figuring out what option I should configure the passive in the link room. I already had it linked to the main room, then added the Avant recently. When I use the remote to control the Avant, the passive responds to the system 1 in the main room. I would like to either have it not respond unless I specifically direct a command to it, or have it mimic the Avant. Can I have the passive respond to the Avant only? Or, can I choose to have the passive sometimes be controlled by the Avant, and sometimes by the main room? Any ideas? 
  • 05-12-2007 5:15 AM In reply to

Re: Option Question - Link Room

Option 5 for both the Avant and the Passive would seem to make the most sense. In that way, audio signals will work the Passive and Video signals will work the Avant. The other option is to use the Passive in Option 4 so you would need to press Link before issuing commands. The Beo4 will allow you to select suitable buttons for this - L-<source> . I would go with option 5 myself!

Have not quite got my head around what you have. If it is passive speakers being driven by a ML/MCL converter, you could simply attach the speakers to the Avant, using the converter to drive them, and use them as Surround speakers or stereo when required. Would then respond to the Avant when you play video sources but you could still get the audio to play through them by selecting speaker 2. 

• 05-12-2007 11:13 AM In reply to

• beotex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Thanks, I'll try Option 5 on both and see how that works. The reason it is a little weird is that I wired up the Beolink Passive for Masterlink, then added the Avant later. I already had Masterlink cable running back to a central distribution box, so it was easier to connect everything through ML than to try and fish new Powerlink cables to connect the Avant and Passive. Does that make any better sense?
  • 05-12-2007 2:59 PM In reply to

Perfectly! I actually have a passive and an LX6000 in the same room! For not dissimilar reasons but MCL in this case!
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)