in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-15-2009 8:07 AM by beojeff. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2007 10:58 PM

Beosystem 3 wall mounting question

I am getting a BS3 and plan to wall mount it.  Has anyone else done this, and will the wires leading out from the bottom of the BS3 going into the wall be visible in any way?

Thanks! 

• 05-01-2007 11:17 PM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

Re: Beosystem 3 wall mounting question

I have used the wall mount bracket mounted on the back side of a cabinet that houses my other equipment and has my plasma sitting on top.

As you are probably aware, the cables all exit through the bottom of the BS3, if you are directing them back into the wall they would probably only be visible if you were right down looking under the device. Assuming that it will be mounted at around skirting board level. The cables would curve back into the wall and be very discreet; you could probably disguise them a little further by wrapping them in black cable covers.

• 05-02-2007 1:21 AM In reply to

Thanks Corvin.  That is what I was hoping for.  I'm really trying to make sure all or as much of the wiring in my setup will be completely hidden.
  • 05-02-2007 10:20 AM In reply to

• Beonut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Essex, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Bronze Member

Beobres

One other point. If you need to permanently use the vga socket which is sited on the temporary connection panel say for beomedia1 or an xbox etc, you will need to get a very shallow vga scocket as a normal vga cable is too big to allow the access panel door to close, and the associated phono cables / spdif cable also prevent closure of the door (i have not found a solution to that), so if you need to use these sockets you will see some cables at the top and the panel will need to be open all the time.

Regards

Peter

My B&O - BS3, BV4-50, Beomedia 1, BS3200, DVD1, BL8000, BL6000, BL3, BL2, BL7.4
  • 10-15-2009 8:07 AM In reply to

It's unfortunate that B&O seems to have not avoided this design flaw of not allowing enough space for cable management for the AV5 and AV6 sockets. This same short-sightedness in practical design happened with the placement of the BeoSystem 1 in the BeoSystem 1 cabinet: there was inadequate space to use the front "camera" inputs with the door closed. While B&O could claim that the purpose of these inputs is to provide easy access for "temporary" devices, allowing enough space for proper cable management for permanent connections could have been easily designed.

Has anyone had success using right-angle adapters for the AV5 and AV6 inputs or is there still inadequate space to close the door?

Perhaps a solution is to use the the Gefen HDMI expander for the AV5 and AV6 sources?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)