in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-06-2008 9:17 PM by Piaf. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-03-2008 11:07 PM

• Piaf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-08-2007
    • Victoria, British Columbia
    • Posts 409
    • Founder

Beocord 9000 eject issue

I just purchased a spectacular Beocord 9000 on eBay which has performed beautifully.

One lone exception; I noticed that when the eject button was pressed, the mechanism engages with such force as to fling the cassette tape nearly a foot.

I remember I had this same problem on my Beocord 8004, which was corrected by my shop in Vancouver.

In any case, today I ejected a tape and now the mechanism refuses to stay in the play position and the recorder does not recognize a tape has been placed therein.

I downloaded the repair manual. Any suggestions?  

Thanks,

Jeff

• 03-04-2008 4:12 AM In reply to

Re: Beocord 9000 eject issue

I got the same problem nearly with an Beocord 8000.

It needed new belts so I got some. The fuse needed to be changed and after that it played well.

As I went back and forth between the 8000 and a 6000 Beocord the 8000 stopped recognice any tapes.

I checked the fuse but that was ok. Your post gave me an idea to check the spring on the right for the eject system.

I will try it later today.

• 03-04-2008 2:13 PM In reply to

• Piaf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-08-2007
    • Posts 409
    • Founder

The lack of recognition of the presence of a tape is not a fuse or belt issue. The problem is the eject mechanism no longer locks in the down or play position. All it will do is catapult the tape into the air, repeatedly.

I have the repair manual courtesy of BeoWorld, what I would like is to have some suggestions as what to look for with this mechanical, not electrical problem.  Many thanks!

Jeff

• 03-04-2008 2:34 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

The whole mechanism may not be centered correctly and/or something with the dampener and lock mech is wrong. You will have to open the Beocord and take a look.

Martin

• 03-04-2008 6:31 PM In reply to

• Piaf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-08-2007
    • Posts 409
    • Founder

Somehow I knew you were going to say that Martin.

The dampener is definitely not functioning. This unit was playing tapes perfectly well as long as I was mindful of the cannon-like manner this 9000 shot the tape out. Then, without any warning, the mechanism refused to lock down in the play position.

I will give it a good look on my day off…. Thursday.

Thanks, as always!

Jeff

• 03-06-2008 9:17 PM In reply to

• Piaf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-08-2007
    • Posts 409
    • Founder

Martin,

You were right. The locking mechanism was simply stuck due to a minor lack of lubrication.

The dampener was also not working due to a missing screw. Fortunately, I had a correct diameter screw available and with the help of a Dremel tool, the correct length.

A very simple repair, thanks for the help! Now the Beocord 9000 is performing as it should.

However does anyone have a source for a nut and bolt, one of two that secure the Beocord 9000 in the closed position. Someone along the way came up with a replacement nut (probably from Home Depot) that works, but makes closing the case extremely difficult… where it shouldn’t be.

Once again thank you Martin for the excellent advice.

Jeff

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)