in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-17-2008 1:00 PM by Stan. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2008 6:47 AM

• Shamb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Beoport with IR Eye and Beo 4000 and BM-Link problems

Morning all, can you advise on the below?

We have beo-link in the house and in the office there is a beoport box with and infra red eye attached to it and beolab 4000 speakers. There is also a PC (XP) and a Mac.

I am trying to move from the pc to mac and have come accross some issues

Current setup
    PC with Beoplayer linked to beoprt via usb, this works fine and if the PC is on the IR with beo4 remote also functions normally and N music/Radio is available in other rooms in the house.

What I want to do is move over to the Mac as the source of N Music/N Radio and use the beo4 remote to switch to normal radio, cd, turntable etc in the office.

Mac setup (pc unconnected and off)

latest Itunes (as of Feb 01/08), BM-Link 1.5, Beoport firmware 1.31 linked via usb.

With this set up the Mac is happy as the source of N music and N radio and in the other rooms I can switch between sources with the beo4 remote such as cd radio and N Music with no problems.

The problems are in the office, I have control over the N Music/Radio with the beo4 remote but if I try to switch to another source such as cd or radio nothing happens.

Has any one else got a similar setup or encountered similar issues?

I am happy to supply more detail if you think it will help

Thanks for reading

Richard

Filed under: , ,
  • 02-17-2008 1:00 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Beoport with IR Eye and Beo 4000 and BM-Link problems

Unfortunately I believe the behavior you describe is "as designed".  I'm not familiar with BM-Link 1.5, but in previous versions (if I recall correctly), BM-Link did not support playing "other sources" via the beoport.  BM-Link was designed to push iTunes into B&O, nothing more.

The solution to this (a few years ago when I setup my system) was a BeoLink active in addition to the Beoport in the link room.  You then use the IR puck for the beolink NOT the beoport (they *are* different).

FYI - I have not upgraded to BM-Link 1.5 because I have no problems with whatever version I'm using.. and if it's not broken, why fix it?

Stan 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)