in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-14-2007 5:40 AM by Puncher. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2007 6:34 AM

• barny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Speaker Update Q

I currently have in a room

BV7-32 & BL7.1
    BL6000
    BL2

I am trying to remove the speakers off the floor, going to wall hang or table top the TV and BL7. Looking to replace the BL6's. Any suggestions?

I was thinking I would replace BL6's for BL3's and keep the BL2. These would be either wall mounted as fronts, about 4 feet either side of the TV, or table top stands, again about 4 feet from each side of the TV. BL2 would remain on the floor behind the sofa.

I'd rather not have things wall mounted high is corners (rather have a little more flexibility in the future about location) and can't be floor stands as too fragile (little children that have toppled by BL6's many times).

BL5's are not in the equation as I do actually have a budget!!!

I'd appreciate your views. Room is 6m x 9m, wooden floors, high ceiling. Viewing is across the shorter distance (large windows at either end of the long distance).

Hope this is enough info without actually giving you my address and inviting you all around for a demo!

Thanks

Barny

• 04-27-2007 7:52 AM In reply to

Re: Speaker Update Q

Lab 3 is an option. Ofcourse with a lab 2.

• 04-27-2007 8:25 AM In reply to

Obvious upgrade route is beolab 3s, which are excellent, especially with a Beolab 2. Consider wall mounted Beolab 4000s as well though as these would be cheaper and offer similar sound to what you have already. Lee seems to have a good selection of colours. I am planning to get some to go with my AV9000 as floor speakers are not really an option.
  • 04-27-2007 9:35 AM In reply to

I have the Lab 3 with the BL2 and am super happy. For the BL3 to be 4 feet away from the TV seems to be about right I would think.

I just moved from a super high ceiling loft (17 feet) into a normal apartment (8 or 9 or so) and can report that sound has improved noticeable. So if you are not planning to move soon it might make sense to wait a bit and look for BL9 or BL5. That might/should also allow you to get rid of the BL2. 

If you are serious about budget, I would do the BL3 on table stands but would consider at least a small rear speaker, maybe BL4 since you have cable for the sub behind the couch anyway. Those I would wall mount and hide cables behind the B&O Aluminium cable cover. Since the couch would cover this up a bit that should do. I have done that for my BS9000 and it looks quite allright.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 04-27-2007 10:08 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

BL3 is the best option in my ears, especially with the BL2 you have already. I was told by my dealer, that the 3s have to be kept away from conrners, at least 30-40 cm, as this position could influence the sound quality (i think the passive membranes are the reason)

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-13-2007 8:32 AM In reply to

• barny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Thanks to everyone for their input. In the end the wife got involved and decided the Bl3's were ugly so they were discounted.

I upgraded my BL6's for BL8's. My living space doesn't lend itself to rears for the full 5.1 sound. Young children and busy lifestyle mean that I rarely get to enjoy a movie in a decent seating position and never loud enough to jusify the rears. They would have very limited use as CBeebies and Charlie and Lola are not broadcast in 5.1 Dolby sound !!!!

Traded in with Ian at MoreThan AV and he was very helpful with loads of stock... as always I left with not just a pair of speakers but wall brackets, cables, Beocom 2's etc etc... Dangerous and expensive shopping trip!

Thanks again

Barny

• 05-13-2007 8:46 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Don't forget the new wall mounts for BeoLab 6000! :)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-13-2007 8:53 AM In reply to

barny:

I currently have in a room

BV7-32 & BL7.1
    BL6000
    BL2r

Improve sound without spending money?
    Switch to SPEAKER 1 mode if you watch TV.

I have preset the VIDEO mode to SPEAKER 1 and AUDIO mode to SPEAKER 2.
    This is possible with sw6.3 or higher.
  • 05-13-2007 10:05 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

barny:

...I upgraded my BL6's for BL8's. My living space doesn't lend itself to rears for the full 5.1 sound. Young children and busy lifestyle mean that I rarely get to enjoy a movie in a decent seating position and never loud enough to jusify the rears. They would have very limited use as CBeebies and Charlie and Lola are not broadcast in 5.1 Dolby sound !!!!

I think you will be very happy with this choice too. The BL8000 are fantastic speakers. I made the same upgrade as you a couple of months ago and I am very satifsfied with the BL8000 (all black ones!!!) , witch I use a lot to listen to music (in speaker2 mode, of course)

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-14-2007 5:08 AM In reply to

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

wallmount beolab 6000 ?

you have a pic of that ?

• 05-14-2007 5:40 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)