in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-20-2011 11:26 AM by chartz. 85 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2010 11:49 AM In reply to

• vaclav
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-29-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Re: Workshop CD5500 CD6500 CD7000 Reparatur Laser Controller Servo Platine

Habe nun den Beogram mal an einen anderen Beomaster 5500 gehängt, auch dort das Austeigen und dann das Spinnen mit der Lade. Nach ein paar Minuten geht es wieder. Kann der Massefehler irgendwo im Beogram sein? Evtl. das Kabel vom Beogram oder hat jemand eine Ahnung, wo ich diesen Fehler lokalisieren muß??? Tausend Dank...

• 01-23-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

Hallo Martin,

habe mein BC9000 bei ebay mit defektem CD-Laufwerk ersteigert. Laufwerk lief nur kurz an und schaltete dann wieder ab.

Habe die angegebenen Elkos getauscht (2103 von 33uf auf 47uF gewechselt, Lieferant Segor/Deutschland) und Alles wieder

in Ordnung, auch selbstgebrannte CD's werden gelesen.

Bin vollauf beistert von der Anlage, es gibt wohl kein schöneres, eleganteres und zeitloseres Design in dieser Geräteklasse.

Es ist jedesmal eine Freude das Geräte einzuschalten -  weine meinen schwarzen Onkyo Turm keine Träne nach...

Noch eine Frage, lohnt es sich ein Service Manual zu kaufen, gibt es etwas im Gerät das nach diesen vielen Jahren

nachjustiert werden sollte (Endstufe), oder gibt es noch mehr vertrocknete Elkos (Netzteil).

Danke für Deine Hilfe

Robert

• 01-24-2011 6:46 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Robert

If you are feeling courageous, you can do what I did to a BC9300 and BC9500.

Well worth it, as Martin knows.

See my link here:

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 01-24-2011 10:54 AM In reply to

Ja, diese Geräte sind jetzt 20 Jahre alt oder auch noch wesentlich mehr. Es macht durchaus Sinn, im Bereich der Wärmequellen nach ausgetrockneten Elkos zu suchen und zu ersetzen.

Beim BC9300 sind gerne im Endverstärker solche kaputten Elkos anzutreffen, sowie in dem kleinen Standby Netzteil mittig im Gerät.

Man kann es wie eine Radikal Kur machen. Wenn ich ein wirklich schönes Gerät machen soll, das nochmal 10 oder noch mehr Jahre halten soll, dann tausche ich alle Elkos komplett aus und die Elkos im Signalweg gegen gute Wimas. Dann hört sich so eine Anlage perfekt an und sie läuft dann auch wieder klaglos.

Es ist nicht schwierig das zu machen, wirklich viel ist ja eigentlich nicht drin. Man muss aber sehr, sehr sauber arbeiten. Man kann ohne gutes Lötwerkzeug die feinen B&O Leiterbahnen ansonsten sofort zerstören, Pertinax verzeiht keine zu hohe Löttemperatur. Es erfordert viel Übung, einen kleinen Elko völlig frei von Beschädigungen der Leiterbahnen zu wechseln, sieht einfach aus, ist es aber nicht. Nicht, dass das Gerät kaputt repariert wird ... und das habe ich schon sehr oft gesehen. Solche Fehler sind dann nur noch mit extremem Aufwand zu finden.

Das mit den Wimas ist etwas Voodoo mit Erfahrung. Bei diesen alten Geräten läßt sich ausserordentlich viel an Klang herausholen. Einmal durch die Erneuerung der Komponenten selbst, dann durch das bessere magnetfreie Material.

Die Servicepläne sind immer eine gute Basis, ich empfehle die Papierversion mit den Updates. Man kann sie noch bei B&O kaufen, sind aber absolut nicht billig. Aber jeden Cent wert. Die Download Versionenen sind aber genauso ok... nur braucht man einen guten großen Bildschirm und man sicht etwas mehr.

• 01-25-2011 9:57 AM In reply to

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

@Yachadm:  As you described above, cheap Korean material/Elco's can be found inside the BC9300. Do you know if this still is the case in modern B&o equipment? Or have the revived their standards after the cost-cutting in the 90s?

• 01-25-2011 10:24 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

No idea - I haven't opened a newer B&O component to determine!

Maybe Martin knows

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 01-25-2011 12:06 PM In reply to

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

Just looked inside my beocord 7000; also plenty of Samwha cap's, alongside with Philips parts (the long, flat black parts, don't know what the are). Perhaps the Danes did use cheap parts were possible without affecting sound?

• 01-25-2011 3:17 PM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

jc

Do not be under any illusions. Those Samwha capacitors are poor-quality, both in reliability and sound. They were chosen for one reason, and one reason only, and that was price.

B&O today sells on its looks. Sound quality has become secondary - that is evident from the quality of the internal components.

And that is a pity, because I'll bet that the B&O engineers are very clever people, but they're being strangled by the accountants.

It is essential for B&O management to understand that the consumer objects to being taken advantage of, in areas where he cannot see at first glance, and in areas where most consumers would not understand.

This is not a cheap Chinese no-name product, and at this price range, B&O must understand that the consumer deserves not only quality components, but VERY-HIGH quality components INSIDE.

If you were to redo your BM7000 according to the criteria I recommend, you would be ASTOUNDED at the improvement in sound-quality.

B&O could easily have used these types of quality components for a small increase in price per unit - not more than $10 extra per production unit - really peanuts.

How to Choose Replacement Capacitors and Resistors when Repairing and Restoring Vintage Stereo Equipment

Menahem

• 05-12-2011 4:10 PM In reply to

yachadm:

Great document, many thanks. I will try following the advice earlier in the tread to revive my CD5500 which now manages to play no more than the first track of any given CD.

• 11-29-2011 2:51 PM In reply to

No luck yet with my CD6500 despite multiple attempts to revive the unit.

Replaced most capacitors. Replaced the sensitive c2103 capacitor with a known good one (from Dillen). Checked and re-soldered many spots (found and fixed a few dubious points) on the PCB's but to no avail. What's making it more difficult to understand, on a few rare occasions during my attempts it actually played for a while, but it seems impossible to repeat this with any reliability. But at least I know the laser diode itself still works.

In service mode, the unit behaves well in stage 1 and 2, the disk spins up in stage 3 (but at a high speed and with a flashing 3 in the display), and in stage 4 it immediately stops spinning, and often even spins backwards for a brief moment.

Based on various forum discussions I have looked for transistor 6124 and 6125 and the two protection resistors directly next to them, but cannot locate them on PCB30. Could these be the cause of the problem, and if so, where can I find them?

Thanks for any help possible,

Kind regards, Eric

September 2009 1st prize winner.... 

• 12-20-2011 11:26 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Hi Martin,

I still had the noisy CDM2 (white one, BG CD5500) transport, even after changing the 33 uF Philips (I had a new axial blue Philips 47 uF at hand). It was quieter but not very quiet!

Then I decided to use Google Translation, because my German is virtually at level 0, and I more or less understood that C2159 could do exactly that: making the mech louder!

I had a Wima in stock. It just did the trick! Thank you!

Conclusion: don't you EVER write your articles in German please!! Big Smile 

Jacques

Page 4 of 4 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4