in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2007 8:11 PM by ahoover. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-15-2007 2:20 AM

Need Help DVD1 to BV9

I need specific guidance on how to properly connect a B&O DVD1 to my BV9.

The DVD1 has the following 6 connections:

DIGITAL OUTPUT - Black RCA Phono Female

AUDIO R - Red RCA Phono Female

AUDIO L - White RCA Phono Female

DATA - Mini Phono Female

Y/C - S-Video Female

CVBS - Yellow RCA Phono Female

* There is also a switch for selecting Y/C, CVBS, or RGB output modes. 

The Beosystem 3 that is integrated into the BV9 has 6 AV Channels. Only AV4 and AV6 have a S-Video Connection.

Thanks in advance!

Al

• 12-15-2007 2:38 AM In reply to

Re: Need Help DVD1 to BV9

I take it that this is a US model? In Europe you would use the SCART connection as this has the control connection as well. I suppose I would use the Audio R + L connections - I don't suppose the US BV9 has the equivalent Data socket?
  • 12-15-2007 2:46 AM In reply to

Peter:

What is the SCART connection. Is this the 21 pin AV connector? The DVD1 has this connector but I do not have a cable to connect it to the Beosystem 3 which has no matching 21 pin input?

Thanks, 

Al 

• 12-15-2007 2:49 AM In reply to

The Beosystem 3 AV1 through AV6 channels do have a SPDIF for digital audio input.
  • 12-15-2007 5:23 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

hello again Al,

Unlike your question concerning the Sci-ATL box, in this case more cables are better.

Use AV-4, you'll be glad later.

Run EVERYTHING, yes, everything.  You could skip the composite (CVBS), but what's one more little cable at a party like this?  ;-)

For data run a mini male-to-male cable, unless the brigand who sold you the DVD-1 included the short m-f adaptor, in which case you could run the extension cord that came with your A8 headphones...you do have those, right?   Wink  Attach that to the IR port jjust like the flasher for the Sci-ATL box.

From the Beo-4, turn the set on press menu-menu, select connections, change AV-4 to DVD, press 'go', check settings, press 'go', select 'DVD-1 from the top of the list, press 'go' one last time, 'exit' and sit back and revel in the fact that you are one of the 17 people in the US with a DVD--1.  Enjoy!

Stick out tongue

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 12-15-2007 5:38 PM In reply to

Russ:

Can you tell me what to connect the yellow RCA phono CVBS to (Video In?) and what to connect the black RCA phono Digital Output to (SPDIF In) on the AV4 inputs?

TIA

Al 

• 12-15-2007 8:11 PM In reply to

Russ:

Forgot to ask about the proper switch position selecting Y/C, CVBS, or RGB output modes?

TIA

Al 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)