in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-03-2007 4:31 PM by Raeuber. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2007 9:56 AM

DVD2 with AVANT VCR

Hello,

I am owner of the DVD2  together with an Avant 32 VCR and I have a big problem with this combination:

The RECORD-key on Beo4 doesn´t work with the DVD2, because only the integrated Videorecorder of the AVANT reacts by using the RECORD-key.

Therefore it´s not possible to make records from a camcorder and to record directly from the tuner (only recordings by using the timer is possible).

I have tried to disconnect the Videorecorder in the service-menue of the AVANT (in the setup-menue by 0 0 GO), but no chance: the DVD2 doesn´t react by the RECORD-key.

My dealer contacted B&O-support who told him, that the RECORD-function is reserved for the internal Videorecorder of the AVANT.

Has anyone an idea to solve this problem?

I´ve been waiting for several years for a HD- and DVD-recorder by B&O. The DVD2-solution by Philips is very poor, so I´m very disappointed! If the DVD2 can´t be used together with an AVANT VCR it would be a shame for B&O!

Has anybody an idea to solve this problem?

Greetings from Thomas (sorry for my unperfect english!)

• 12-02-2007 10:22 AM In reply to

• kurfuer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-22-2007
    • Dresden
    • Posts 35
    • Founder

Re: DVD2 with AVANT VCR

did you check "RECORD2" ? Means DVD2 as VTAPE-2 connected (if you connect it as "DVD" no record function is available); If you have a Beo4 it's in the List-Menu (after programming the Beo4) or "Shift"-"RECORD" for a Beolink1000

• 12-02-2007 11:18 AM In reply to

Agree with above. V.Mem2/V.Tape2 would seem the best though DVD2 should work as well.
  • 12-02-2007 11:50 AM In reply to

If you press GO + 1,2 or 3 cant remember, you get a bar on the screen and then press the red I think. There is a giude on the bottom of the screen. It's the the Bar that tells you where you are in the recording when you are in tuner mode
  • 12-02-2007 1:45 PM In reply to

GO + 1 calls the options-menue of the DVD2,

GO + 2 calls the Guide-Plus-System, where you can program timer-recordings (no direct recordings from the actual tuner-program),

GO + 3 is not available (shows X ERROR).

If you press MENUE and then 5 (DVD) there is shown the DVD2-Menue which is helpfull if you have forgotten the BEO4-keys to remote the DVD2. But there is no button shown for the record-function. The red key Disc-Menue.

No chance to record from my camcorder (connected in the front of DVD2) or to start direct recording.

• 12-02-2007 1:52 PM In reply to

The DVD2 only works if you connect it to VTAPE-1 Scart-Connection. Connection to VTAPE-2, DVD2 doesn´t work at all.

I have also tried to register the DVD2 as DVD, VMEM/VTAPE or V.AUX: always the same problem, the RECORD-key doesn´t work on DVD2, only will start the internal videorecorder in the AVANT.

• 12-02-2007 2:08 PM In reply to

Sorry, my above post is wrong, I have already checked the connections:

The DVD2 has to be connected to Scart "AV". The integrated videorecorder is connected to Scart "VTAPE1". If you connect the DVD2 to Scart "VTAPE1", DVD2 doesn´t work.

In the Sources-menue of the Avant, AV is set to DVD. If you change to VTAPE2, DVD2 does not work, even if you call VTAPE2 on the Beo4-remote.

The problem is if you call RECORD on Beo4, the AVANT always calls the integrated videorecorder and not the DVD2!

• 12-03-2007 2:43 PM In reply to

GO+Blue then RED in tuner mode please read the manual Wink
  • 12-03-2007 3:04 PM In reply to

With "GO+Blue then RED" in tuner mode you will start a recording for 6 hours, no possibility to change the recording-time by 30-minutes-steps, therefore the RECORD-key is required. The RECORD-key is also required for recordings of external sources, p.e. from a camcorder connected on the front of DVD2.

But I have found the solution (with your help):

The DVD2 has to be registered as VTAPE 2 in the sources-menue of the AVANT VCR. Then you have to add the LIST-options "VTAPE 2" and "RECORD 2" to Beo4-remote. After starting the DVD2 by VTAPE 2 you have to press LIST on Beo4 until RECORD 2 appears. At last press GO GO.

Not very easy this procedure, because not described in the manual of DVD2!

DVD2 is a real "hell-machine", it takes several weeks to learn all functions!

Thanks a lot to this forum.

Regards

Thomas 

• 12-03-2007 3:11 PM In reply to

When you press red the bar in the bottom tell you what to do to stop recording again and you can, change channel down from 1 then you get the camcorder input. Don this many times...
  • 12-03-2007 3:47 PM In reply to

You are absolutely right, you can stop the recording by the red button, but you can´t change the recording time by 30-minutes-steps without the RECORD-key! Also you cannot start recording directly in tuner-mode without RECORD-key, you have to change to the guide-plus-menue. And finallly you need the RECORD-key for recordings from a camcorder connected by firewire, because this is the CAM2-input, which you can´t choose in the guide-plus-menue, only EXT1, EXT2 and CAM1 (take a look in the manual pages 48 and 16, german version).

In combination with AVANT VCR, the RECORD-key on Beo4 only works with the integrated videorecorder. Therefore you need the RECORD2-key and registration of DVD2 as VTAPE2 in the sources-menue of the AVANT!

You agree??

• 12-03-2007 4:08 PM In reply to

Which type of Avant do you have. Which software is installed?

Later models of the avant (83xx or above) has the option to set the internal VCR to "No" in the Service Mode and the record record function goes via the Vtape connection to i.e. a HDR.

• 12-03-2007 4:11 PM In reply to

I don't own a DVD2 myself, and never going to. but I didn't know you cut not set it on cam2, don't know way you referee to 30 min steps because thats not what this is. because in GO + Blue you can rewind as long as you want then start recording and wind forward to the end then stop recording  and you have saved the movie you just watched in 1 min...
  • 12-03-2007 4:31 PM In reply to

My AVANT is an AVANT 32 VCR (internal videorecorder but no DVD).

Monitor information is as follows:

06 IC172 (AP): SW 4.1

14 IC707 (FEP): SW 2.1

32 IC607 (AC3): SW 1.8

Item No. 5611009

Serial No. 12920195

If you set the internal VCR to "No", the RECORD-key on Beo4 also doesn´t match with DVD2, you need the RECORD2-function.

The solution I discribed above is the "official" answer of the B&O-support in germany I received today.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)