in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2007 3:03 PM by Ian. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2007 7:24 AM

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Serialization Error !

My dealer has updated my commands (on the PC), but when he goes it upload it on to the remote it comes up SERIALIZATION ERROR! and then a lot of code. When you click 'close', that window shuts and then another box comes up and it which shows the blue progress bar (as if uploading the changes) and then it says transfer is complete, but nothing has changed on the remote. Anybody know what's up?

Ian

• 11-27-2007 8:32 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: Serialization Error !

Hi Ian

Well, it depends of errors. Your dealer has to read which errors he gets, and tries to fix them. I got some diferent errors when i showed CAMERA in my Beo5. Errors were TV_PANDP_CAMERA not found, or something similar. I edited the Beo5 placing the command CAMERA in PandP submenu, and errors gone.

Again sorry for my english, i try to explain the best as i can.

Regards

Quim

Quim

• 11-27-2007 9:08 AM In reply to

Two thoughts.

Has he updated the software using the update patch?

There is a serial number problem with the bases - I believe the dealers have been sent a fix for this too.

• 11-27-2007 2:20 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Thanks for the replies. I will check them out when I visit the dealer tomorrow. They did speak to the technical department and what was their solution? completely erase the setup and start again from scratch!!  so the 8+ dealer visits, and numerous hours of the salesman gone to waste. Nice one B&O.

Ian 

• 11-28-2007 11:56 AM In reply to

Hi, 

Before you you eliminate your whole configuration, I would try to find the failure in your configuration file. You know, the configuration file is stored as ASCII file in XML format in the directory Clients\..

This XML file contains all informations of your configuration. Every time I had a serialization error, the failure included the line number of the configuration file. When I checked this in the XML file, mostly there was a conflict with bitmap which was not available anymore. Then I deleted this line and tried it again. So I could fix the failure, but I had to add this particular command again.

I invested several hours to understand the structure of this XML file. It is not so complicated. It is even possible to change commands in a way which is not possible with the config tool. For example: I could configure a command which sends one or serval IR commands and it also jumps one panel back or directly in the panel where you can choose a room.

If someone tries to edit the XML file, please do a backup before. So you could always go back to the latest configuration.

Best regards,

hangglider 

• 11-28-2007 3:03 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

The problem was related to the setup of the subtitles button (I am trying to get subtitles in 1 button instead of 'Exit-Yellow-2-Go-Go'). Once this button was deleted it uploaded OK.

Ian 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)