in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-29-2007 11:24 AM by mr_anders_son. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2007 8:59 AM

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

What internal connection btw DVD and BV7 MK III ???

Does anyone now what type of connection/wire B&o are using to the inbuilt DVD player??

Because if i go in to the DVD setup i can choose  RGB, component or composite video...

And RGB = usually scart connection or are they using a CAT-5e cable in BTW. ??

The default setting is RGB and =  The best PQ out of the the 3 settings you can make..

If you chose component the PQ are drastically getting worse!

So are they using scart (Like BV9) or CAT-5a cable?  

Just curious????

Regards 

BL8000 MkII Black

• 11-26-2007 10:24 PM In reply to

Re: What internal connection btw DVD and BV7 MK III ???

Fo the North American version, I think the video signal is sent at 480i resolution to the video processor. Deinterlacing and upscaling is done by the embedded Beosystem 3.  The output video format selection is greyed in the set-up menu.

Audio is sent in digital format (probably SPDIF). When you select "Sound System" in the menu, you can see either PCM (for a CD, for example) or various Dolby or DTS variants depending of the DVD played.

Regards,

Jean

• 11-27-2007 2:13 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Yes i now, but with what type of wire is the question? Cat-5 (full digital) or scart? Have anyone a clue?

BL8000 MkII Black

• 11-28-2007 7:50 PM In reply to

It's Scart, be careful with changing it from RGB you end up with a black screen especially on MK I and II.
  • 11-28-2007 9:35 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

The Stig - ver. 1.5:
    It's Scart, be careful with changing it from RGB you end up with a black screen especially on MK I and II.

Are you certain on that? Where did you here/Reid that? Bv7-40 Mk II = Scart , but on Bv7-40 Mk III i taught it was Cat5 digital wire..?

So if i plug in a separate high end DVD  player with HDMI i can get better picture with even better blacks and color!

(Btw beomedia and Bv9 i now it is scart also ...)

Cheap by B&o if this is true!

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 11-28-2007 10:27 PM In reply to

Beolab:

So if i plug in a separate high end DVD  player with HDMI i can get better picture with even better blacks and color!

Be reassured, I have an upscaling Sony DVD recorder connected via HDMI to my Beovision-7 and its picture is slightly inferior to that of the built-in DVD player (due to less sophisticated deinterlacing circuitry than the Beosystem 3) . My guess is that B&O uses flat cables like ones used in computers.

Regards,

Jean

• 11-28-2007 10:34 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

I guess and hope that to!

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 11-29-2007 3:03 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

jvezina:
    Beolab:

Be reassured, I have an upscaling Sony DVD recorder connected via HDMI to my Beovision-7 and its picture is slightly inferior to that of the built-in DVD player (due to less sophisticated deinterlacing circuitry than the Beosystem 3) . My guess is that B&O uses flat cables like ones used in computers.

Yes, but that only applies to the BS3-based BV7 MKIII. I find a better image when I play a DVD through an external DVD player on my MKI.

• 11-29-2007 6:36 AM In reply to

Take a look at the movieclip on the B&O website. http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=60

click on "assembling" and then in the menu above "Final assembly of BeoVision 7" 

Or download the movieclip and you should be able to play it if you got the correct codecs installed on your computer.

• 11-29-2007 10:55 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

damatt:

Take a look at the movieclip on the B&O website. http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=60

click on "assembling" and then in the menu above "Final assembly of BeoVision 7" 

Or download the movieclip and you should be able to play it if you got the correct codecs installed on your computer.

No scart for shore! Thanks mate!Yes -  thumbs up

(And the VLC player works fin to play this clip)

BL8000 MkII Black

• 11-29-2007 11:24 AM In reply to

Beolab:

The Stig - ver. 1.5:

Are you certain on that? Where did you here/Reid that? Bv7-40 Mk II = Scart , but on Bv7-40 Mk III i taught it was Cat5 digital wire..?

(Btw beomedia and Bv9 i now it is scart also ...)

Cheap by B&o if this is true!

Regards

BV9 and internal BM1 use VGAWink  and S-VHS/Composite for Link

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)