in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-24-2007 3:14 PM by Graeme. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2007 3:58 AM In reply to

Re: Review Beosound-6

Hi Eduard, thanks for this review, I have one question:

-how fast(or slow) is the downloading process? Many people complained about the original Samsung's speed, and B&O website says either USB 1.1 or 2.0 depending on where you look..

I have a BeoSound 2 & gave up using the docking station to download music, it serves only when I need to recharge the batteries, and I simply insert the SD card in my memory card reader on the PC to copy the files, which takes 30 seconds per album on a 133x card.So is the BeoSound 6 taking more than 30 seconds for an album??

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-22-2007 10:26 AM In reply to

Eduard,

A good review, but it is a pity about the leather case. I was considering the Beosound 6 for a Christmas present for my wife, we will see.

Regards Keith....

• 11-22-2007 2:16 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The copy-speed is the one that really gets me. I regularly change the music on my iPod Nano in the mornings, when I'm really pushed for time. Copying an album onto my iPod Nano at 256 kbps will usually take much less than a minute. Heck I can have a 1 hour 256 k album across in 30 seconds...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-22-2007 4:56 PM In reply to

Thanks for the review Ed, and Kevin.

I too have BeoSound 6 now. I'm missing my BeoSound 2 though ... I just don't feel the same overall top notch quality with the BeoSound 6. I wasn't impressed to find no pouch for the A8s and the velcro at the top of the case as you have already mentioned is an embarrassment for B&O's standards. I have already put my case back into the box. My final complaint would be transfer speeds, which is the same as my BeoSound 2 - that wasn't a very up-to-date advance from BeoSound 2 to BeoSound 6 was it?

On the plus side, I really like the feel of the BeoSound 6. It's a nice small size, roughly the size of the 1st and 2nd gen iPod Nanos but thicker. The buttons are good and the user interface also does the job well. The screen is of course nice to have and the no video playback function doesn't really bother me, the LCD is far too small to watch a movie! Battery life has so far been impressive and the sound is brilliant, but I wonder whether / how long it will be until I go back to using my BeoSound 2.

• 11-22-2007 5:28 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Actually I find the screen on my iPod Nano great for videos! Really good for watching Family Guy or The Mighty Boosh on the bus/car/whatever. It's obviously not going to be on par with watching it on a proper TV, but it's much, much better than you would expect...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-22-2007 5:52 PM In reply to

Alex - you need an iPod Touch!! Laughing
  • 11-22-2007 6:36 PM In reply to

Or an iPhone...

Nicholas 

• 11-22-2007 7:12 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Get the Touch - most of the benefits, hardly any of the cost!

(Did I sound like a Applite there)Big Smile - still wouldn't get one myself - don't have a Link/Mac system like Peter - aren't looking for a cheaper/better remore than a Beo5 unlike Peter (who now has both - when will his missus put her foot down) - have a 5.5G iPod which does allI want as a portable music player - but I do like to stir the potBig Smile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-23-2007 10:09 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

thanks for your detailed reply. I can say the new beosound 6 is quite attractive. But most important is the sound quality.

I look forward to a detail comparison between BS2 and BS6. thanks a lot. 

• 11-23-2007 10:36 AM In reply to

What we need is a double blind test! Easy with an MP3 player!!
  • 11-24-2007 11:06 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

I was in the B&O shop today and had a look at the BS-6.  It is light and lacks the "heft" of the BS-2.  My other initial impressions were that:

1.  it appears intended for use by right-handed people as I had difficulty using the volume control with my left hand, unlike the BS-2

2.  for me, the control buttons of the BS-6 did not have the same tactile feel as the BS-2

3.  I did not like the shiny finish which reflected the light into my eyes as I was trying to view the screen

4.  I agree with the previous posts about the top of the case not closing completely

5.  the BS-6 didn't sound better than the BS-2 -- but I only tested the BS-6 for about 5 minutes [listening to "Maneater", "Close to You" and "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence"]

6.  The back side of the BS-6 is labled "Samsung" while the front is "B&O" so if I hold up the BS-6 to use the controls, the people facing me will only know that it is a "Samsung" -- am I being snotty?

Perhaps not sufficient time to properly test the BS-6, but I remain to be impressed.  Sorry.

• 11-24-2007 11:58 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

thanks. somehow i agree with some of your points...

the samsung name is too confusing on a B&O, and it is quite unnecessary.

Also, I have tried for around 5 minutes too, i do not think it sound better than beosound 2. But I hope ... there is a more detailed review.

thanks a lot. 

• 11-24-2007 3:14 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Wings:

I was in the B&O shop today and had a look at the BS-6.  It is light and lacks the "heft" of the BS-2.  My other initial impressions were that:

1.  it appears intended for use by right-handed people as I had difficulty using the volume control with my left hand, unlike the BS-2

2.  for me, the control buttons of the BS-6 did not have the same tactile feel as the BS-2

3.  I did not like the shiny finish which reflected the light into my eyes as I was trying to view the screen

4.  I agree with the previous posts about the top of the case not closing completely

5.  the BS-6 didn't sound better than the BS-2 -- but I only tested the BS-6 for about 5 minutes [listening to "Maneater", "Close to You" and "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence"]

6.  The back side of the BS-6 is labled "Samsung" while the front is "B&O" so if I hold up the BS-6 to use the controls, the people facing me will only know that it is a "Samsung" -- am I being snotty?

Perhaps not sufficient time to properly test the BS-6, but I remain to be impressed.  Sorry.

No I dont think you are being snotty, I thought the same when I went in and had a look. My plan was to get my good wife to buy me one for xmas, but the quality of the screen and the samsung logo put me off completely. Sorry, but paying B&O prices for something branded as samsung.................. I DONT FN THINK SO!

I am fully aware that many product over the years where for example "phillips" with a B&O logo (and a bit of design), but I believe in this instance there has been little input from B&O, and its nothing but a marketing/money making scheme between samsung and B&O, which I am a bit disapointed about. 

Cheers Graeme
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >