in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2012 12:47 PM by beocool. 154 replies.
Page 4 of 7 (155 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2008 5:34 PM In reply to

Re: Home Furniture

Yes, Smile

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 12-24-2008 12:10 PM In reply to

Nice subject, besides B&O furniture and lamps are my thing in our home, one thing can't do without the other to make the picture complete.

I now own and don't have many more wishes : a mixture of danisch style and italian elegance - vintage and new

RAR Chair by Eames for Herman Miller

Little Tulip Chair by Pierre Paulin for Artifort

Easy Rider Chair by  Danny Venlet for Bulo

PK22 Chair by  Poul Kjaerholm for Fritz Hansen

Louis Ghost cristal clear Chairs by Philippe Starck for Kartell

Volare Couch by Jan Armgardt for Leolux

Oro wall lamp for Catellani & Smith 

Bubble lamp by Valerio Bottin for Foscarini

Coco lamp by Aldo Cibic for Foscarini
    Lumiere lamps all over the house by Foscarini
    Shakti lamp in several versions by Kundalini

Bourgie lamps by for Kartell

One for the recession lamp by Ingo Maurer for Maurer

But what about a clock = on what clock do you read the time (besides the Beolab3500/Beolink7000 or a Beotime...:-)...??????

We do have a big gorgeous CuCu Clock in polished stainless steel by Paul Tarabay for Diamantini and  Domeniconi on our wall.

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 12-25-2008 9:53 AM In reply to

• Brent
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-15-2007
    • Perth – travel internationally
    • Posts 7
    • Founder

...you're completely missing the point Andy   Laughing

"Of all days, the day on which one has not laughed is surely the one most wasted."

• 01-01-2009 11:48 AM In reply to

Hmmm very interesting subject, I'm in little bit late.

My collection :

Kitchen - Konstantin Grcic  chair one (www.magisdesign.com)

dining-room - Arne Jacobsen Oxford chair

Living room - Le corbusier chaise lounge

Bookshelf - Moroso pause 

Lamps - Karim Rashid blob lamp (www.foscarini.it), miconos sospensione by Artemide

Working room -  Arper catifa 43

Kitchen and sofa in the living room was made by my design.

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-01-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

Nice glass desks...

http://www.gallottiradice.it/index.html

Catalog features Macbooks, iPhones and... Beocom 6! 

• 01-01-2009 4:40 PM In reply to

anybody bought something from STEELFROM ?

What is the quality of their products ?

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-02-2009 6:02 AM In reply to

beologisch:

Nice subject, besides B&O furniture and lamps are my thing in our home, one thing can't do without the other to make the picture complete.

I agree with that, besides B&O, contemporary designed furniture and lamps are my thing in our home, one thing can't do without the other to make the picture complete.

Here is my "young" list, 100% Italian elegance :

- Artico table designed by Jorge Pensi for Cassina (210 x 95 x H 74 cm) - Year : 1998

- Costanza floorlamp designed by Paolo Rizzato for Luceplan (Ø 40 x H 120/160 cm - base 18 x 18 cm) - Year : 1986

- Costanzina tablelamp designed by Paolo Rizzato for Luceplan (Ø 26 x H 51 cm - base 14 x 14 cm ) - Year : 1992

- Highframe 416 designed by Alberto Meda for Alias - Year : 1994

- Ile Sofa designed by Piero Lissoni for Living Divani (black leather Florence) - Year : 2003

I wish to make my list grow, but it takes time.

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-23-2009 2:04 PM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Good thread guys!

I'm currently tossing around some options for a sofa in my apartment and would like some opinions. I've narrowed it down to a Alphabet sofa by Fritz Hansen and Togo sofa by Ligne Roset. I have sat in the togo, and must say its very comfortable, but havent had the chance to try the alphabet. I'd be grateful if anyone who has sat in it has an opinion for me!

Alphabet Sofa, Fritz Hansen.

Togo, Ligne Roset.

Regards,

Robert.

• 01-23-2009 2:18 PM In reply to

My parent had a togo, and I have bought one as well few years ago... the most confortable sofa on that planet!

Some of my friends have bought it after trying mine!

It is also very light and a 3 seater can easily be lifted by one person, so you can move it around the living room easily when you are cleaning for example.

• 02-03-2009 3:24 PM In reply to

JC:

Superb. Must see some pics when it is set up??

Jonnie

Here we are, I just received today my Ile sofa designed by Piero Lissoni for Living Divani in black florence leather :

I'll take time to make some nicer shoot.

Cheers,

Guy

• 02-03-2009 3:41 PM In reply to

Superb Guy! I love the BL4000s on their stands next to this :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 02-03-2009 3:53 PM In reply to

Thanks John,

You can see that the BL4000s seem to float on the air (or on their vertical stand) like the "nest" Ile Sofa on its aluminium base Wink that way they compliment the sofa adding that sense of Lighteness.

Now I have to save (... I mean work harder, and harder) more bucks to afford the next part of my sofa, called the "Méridienne."

Today I am at the half of my three years project Smile

From now I need to get a set of Anne Kyrro Quinn Target Cushion in light grey/red/dark grey color (that fits with the silver BL4000s and their red power button), in order to add more colors in my living room :

Guy

• 02-03-2009 4:06 PM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Fantastic!!!!! Worth the wait, well done GuyBig Smile

Jonnie

• 02-03-2009 5:10 PM In reply to

Great looking pieces Guy.

Love the couch.. 

• 02-03-2009 6:03 PM In reply to

me too guy!

looks fantastic!

perhaps when the kids go off to college, i can enjoy such a great room!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-03-2009 9:42 PM In reply to

Hi Guy,

Looking wonderful .... This is how I believe you should put together your home, buying the best pieces (design / quality) you can and creating a strong design foundation to build on over time... everyone these days seem to want 'instant interiors'..... 

.... I love  that the rich timber floor as its a beautiful contrast to the crisp, minimal lines of the sofa and the steely silver of the  BL4000... and they do look very good on stands, most people (that I've seen) seem to wall mount which I don't think looks as good.... 

Look forward to your next installment...

Laurence

• 02-03-2009 10:21 PM In reply to

It looks very nice, I especially like the base and the way it makes the sofa feel so light. But please let us know how comfortable it is over extended periods of time ( like watching a movie or listening through a whole CD ; )

• 02-04-2009 1:46 AM In reply to

Aloha,

Thanks everybody for your  kind comments. This project takes time as I need like 1,5 year to complete my sofa with ther next part "Meridienne", butnI really enjoy this beautiful piece of design.Smile

Hi Guy,

soundchoice70:

Looking wonderful .... This is how I believe you should put together your home, buying the best pieces (design / quality) you can and creating a strong design foundation to build on over time... everyone these days seem to want 'instant interiors'..... 

.... I love  that the rich timber floor as its a beautiful contrast to the crisp, minimal lines of the sofa and the steely silver of the  BL4000... and they do look very good on stands, most people (that I've seen) seem to wall mount which I don't think looks as good.... 

Look forward to your next installment...

Laurence

Aloha Laurence,

I totally agree with you, I can wait a long time and get a strong design fondation on over months or years. Smile

The wood floor is a Muiracatiara Brazilian wood floor called Tiger Wood.

I like to say "Quality over Quantity" or Less is More (M.V.D. Roe) when speaking about Design interior and furnitures.

gorissek:

It looks very nice, I especially like the base and the way it makes the sofa feel so light. But please let us know how comfortable it is over extended periods of time ( like watching a movie or listening through a whole CD ; )

I will let you know how confortable it is over extended periods of time. I agree too, regarding looking at its base,  it makes the sofa feel so light Travel

Cheers

Guy

• 02-04-2009 2:25 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Really nice looking... I like the idea of searching the shape of the 4000 on the cushion... But I think I would have choosen something more colorful in order to break the black/grey/white uniformity of the space...Whistle

• 02-04-2009 1:27 PM In reply to

yep, why not the Lemon, red/black cushion ? I like the idea to play with the color too and break with the white/grey/black uniformity.

Guy

• 02-04-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

At the beginning I thought of this one for the red which goes very well with black... But NO! Don't choose this one : a)There is too much black on this one, so you will add some black which is useless; b)The black is on the outside part, thus fading on the black sofa... If you dare to take the pink/green, I'm with you ;-) But this one can give you a more friendly/fun/shifted (I'm not sure for shifted, I mean décalé in french) atmosphere, and I'm not sure that's what you are looking for... If it's sophistication/elegance that you want, pink is not for you...

• 02-05-2009 2:13 AM In reply to

Thanks for your point of view Marc. Pink seems quite fun in my taste  and I am not against adding more color in my living room.                  

Then I can see another color for the ouside part (as I agree the black tend to fade on the black sofa).

I have a replica of the Mattel Hoverboard in pink Neon color, rided by Marty Mc fly in Back to the future 2/3. Regarding its colors, this small object can really add something special to a living room :

So everything is possible in that case.

Cheers,

Guy

• 02-05-2009 6:54 AM In reply to

I have some EQ3, Red Apple, Innovation, Metropia, plus some modular shelving units from Brazil. All modern design stuff, but I also have some vintage mid century and I guess you would call it early century modern ie 1920 era secretary desk.

Then a few odd and ends that were passed down thru the family that go back to the 19th century.

I would like to get my hand on a few pieces of Softline furniture but they dont retail here in the US.

• 02-08-2009 3:51 AM In reply to

I have just bought a de sede armchair to sit and listen to my music on

• 02-11-2009 5:35 PM In reply to

Aloha everybody,

I went on Architonic.com and found what I call a beautiful bed, in the spirit of the Pallucco "Cloudy Night" bed or the Living Divani "Ile" bed :

-Bed "Lyn" for Redaelli

Designers :
    - Ivano Redaelli
    - Giuseppe Viganò

Bed with metal structure. Base support structure in stainless steel: shiny chrome, mat black stained or mat white stained, brown, sharp green and Ral colours on request.
    Supported top in pantographed plywood. Covering leather en plain, woollen cloth.
    Suggested mattress for Lyn bed: Ypsilon. Suggested dimensions for the mattress: 180x205 h12
    Supporting cushion: Relax mod.4

I really like the chic-understatement spirit of this bed, regarding its minimalism lines. It seems the sleeper is lying on a cloud.

Guy

Page 4 of 7 (155 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »