in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2007 1:14 PM by Stars. 35 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-22-2007 11:55 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Re: review of beosound 3 please...?

well, from my feeling, I feel that the sound quality of radio on beosound 3 is poorer than the on-line radio of the same channel. Beosound 3 gives a little bit more noise, and a little bit sound distortion.

Is it related to the limitation of radio signal transfer???

Do you have any ideas on this?

• 04-23-2007 10:56 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Beo:

well, from my feeling, I feel that the sound quality of radio on beosound 3 is poorer than the on-line radio of the same channel. Beosound 3 gives a little bit more noise, and a little bit sound distortion.

Is it related to the limitation of radio signal transfer???

Do you have any ideas on this?

This is definitely not my experience.  My BS3 can clearly tune stations my BS1 and BS9000 cannot.  In fact, there are times of the year when my BS1 (or any other radio I own) cannot tune one of my favorite stations.  Last time this happened, I brought in the BS3 placed it in front of the BS1 and it could grab the station clearly.

Stan

• 04-23-2007 12:57 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

so do you mean you recommend beosound 3 for radio function?
  • 04-23-2007 11:29 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Beo:
    so do you mean you recommend beosound 3 for radio function?

Yes, assuming "radio" means FM (not AM or DAB).  It is the best tuning radio that I own, followed by my BS1 (this used to be better before I had it serviced because it could not read a CD I owned - it is an early model), followed by my BS9000 (I'm going to blame the antenna position), followed by my crappy clock radio. 

Stan
  • 05-29-2007 4:48 PM In reply to

Guys, I really need some help....
    picked up my brand new Beosound3 today - really a stunning piece of kit!
    I fiddled arround some time with the radio function and what sould I say, sound is great, the reception performance (is this the right word?) is very good. Then I came to the A.MEM function and inserted one of my SD Cards I use for the car and other kit, but the BS3 won't play :o
    I the read the manual carefully and found a sentence saying, that the BS3 could only play music that in the first folder, not in the rrot and not deeper ?!?! All my music is organized like this: /artist/album.

Is this true so do I have to reorganize all my music? What about the datarates, found nothing on this topic. Will it play 192kbps?

Many thanks
    Marcus
  • 05-29-2007 5:41 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

hi marcus! congrats to your BS3!

The data rate does not matter, it is just a matter of taste/hearing. Yes, you have to reorganize your  music. The way you have organized yours right now is artist.album.song, so the song is ih the second folder. You have to store each album sperately on the SD card to make the BS3 play it.

Enjoy you BS3!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-30-2007 12:51 PM In reply to

Hi Tom
    so I bought a new card today and now it plays :)
    Unfortunately I can not use my other cards with the BS3 :(

By the way, do you know in which order the BS3 plays the songs, there seems to be a difference to the rest of the world....

marcus
  • 05-30-2007 1:11 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

If you want to use the SD cards you use for the other player, then you cannot use them. But you could try to reorganize those, so that you can play them on both systems?

I think the BS3 plays the songs in the order you put them on the card, but I am not very sure about that, sometimes it thinks to me that this is not the case... Anybody else?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-30-2007 2:36 PM In reply to

marcus m   yes,it will play192kbps

• 05-30-2007 3:20 PM In reply to

Hello koning,

thanks, I already know, the sound is great ;-)

marcus
  • 06-02-2007 1:14 PM In reply to

Sorry guys but that's all I see when a BS3 is infront of me. You can blame my Italian side of the family for that.

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2