in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-05-2007 11:44 AM by Santiago. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2007 5:34 AM

Can't update Beo5 firmware - "Incorrect hardware version"

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me here. When I download my configuration to the Beo5 the software detects that the firmware on Beo5 is outdated. When I confirm to update the firmware I receive the error messages

"Firmware was not sent. Nor hardware version detetced" and then

"Incorrect hardware revision (Incorrect hardware revision - Expecting binary for hardware revision 9)"

Also, (don't know if this is connected to the problem above) each time I finalize I receive the message "Serialization succeeded but with errors". "Errors occured during serialization. Better not use this configuration". However, the download of the configuration works fine.

Any hint appreciated!

Thanks

Ralf

• 10-29-2007 5:52 AM In reply to

Re: Can't update Beo5 firmware - "Incorrect hardware version"

"Firmware was not sent. Nor hardware version detetced" and then

"Incorrect hardware revision (Incorrect hardware revision - Expecting binary for hardware revision 9)"

Hi Ralf,
    I got exactly the same warnings, but it's not critical because this firmware is only for the downloading function itself, which works quite well with the "old" firmware.

each time I finalize I receive the message "Serialization succeeded but with errors". "Errors occured during serialization. Better not use this configuration". However, the download of the configuration works fine.

I got these warnings too in the beginning, but in this case the software was right and it was only my fault, then I carefully read all those errors and I made some changes in the Ligths configuration section, also with an external no B&O dvd player, with the "PinP" and "AV" features... and finally I get ride of all those errors. Now the software don't stop at the end for any warning Yes -  thumbs up

Regards. 

Santiago

• 10-29-2007 6:16 AM In reply to

You both have a PM

Regards Keith....

• 10-29-2007 6:28 AM In reply to

Keith,

could you please post also here in the forum, as I guess there are a lot people out there who like to know this also (at least I like to know ....)

Thanks, Marcus 

• 10-29-2007 7:57 AM In reply to

Thanks you both. It's good to know that I am not alone Smile

I will look more closesly at the error messages for the serialization issue and check my inbox for the firmware problem...

Thanks again,

Ralf

• 10-29-2007 11:54 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:
    You both have a PM

Yes I agree that if you have answer you must tell it here, not only PMWink 

• 10-29-2007 2:22 PM In reply to

Yes I agree that if you have answer you must tell it here, not only PM

In fact there is no news.

I only hope that with the next configuration tool software version, those problems about firmware upgrades, and other little issues in the current 1.00 version, will be solved.

That's all. 

To be continued...

Santiago

• 11-04-2007 9:35 AM In reply to

• sten
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-04-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

I also had this problem when running on my older laptop (Dell D600). However, when using a newer computer (Dell 420 with docking station) the problem dissapears so it may be releated to the power that you can draw from the usb connection. Anyhow, in my case the problem is solved by using the newer computer.

BR's

Sten

• 11-04-2007 11:25 AM In reply to

sten:

I also had this problem when running on my older laptop (Dell D600). However, when using a newer computer (Dell 420 with docking station) the problem dissapears so it may be releated to the power that you can draw from the usb connection. Anyhow, in my case the problem is solved by using the newer computer.

I've already tried with 4 different desktop computers (3Dell and 1HP) with NO success at all in near 20 usb2.0 connectors; one of them (the most powerful Dell Precision Workstation  390) is only 2 months old Angry so the problem must be more complicated than the age or the power Hmm

Santiago

• 11-04-2007 1:11 PM In reply to

I think it is something to do with the USB controller - my home PC wants nothing to do with my Beo5 but my work one which runs Windows 2000 Professional is fine!
  • 11-04-2007 1:17 PM In reply to

In fact all the 4 computers I've used were running under XP Pro SP2... so it's true that I've not tried with windows 2000 Hmm if the problem is related to XP OS... then that's a serious B&O bug Ick!

Santiago

• 11-04-2007 1:23 PM In reply to

I don't think is the OS - more the hardware. But I could well be wrong!
  • 11-05-2007 9:14 AM In reply to

Apparently, if you have Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed (which means most XP users) and USB Controller type SIS 7001 which is widely used then you will have a problem. I suggest you use a PCI USB card which does NOT use the SIS chipset. Be aware that a lot of vendors use SIS USB chipsets.

The problems you get can be varied, but one problem symptom which seems to show itself more often than most is when you download your configuration to the Beo5, it crashes Windows XP most often with a "Blue Screen" error message which is about as fatal an error as you can get under Windows. The system will then reboot itself..

Regards Keith....

• 11-05-2007 9:43 AM In reply to

I also found out that if the firmware update fails it helps to have the Beo5 turned on when connected. Even the screen has to be on (touch it when it starts dimming!). After that the firmware update worked at last (using Windows Vista by the way).

Ralf

• 11-05-2007 10:00 AM In reply to

Do we know what the new firmware is fixing?

Is the firmware available without a dealer login?

p.

• 11-05-2007 10:14 AM In reply to

In my case it doesn't work with and without the dealer login.

Thanks Ralf, but no luck for me (win XP) it doesn't work with the beo5 full turn on either.

Here I show you a full sequence of 4 different screen shots during a failed update try.

But it never crashed my win xp !! not "blue window" fatal error or something similar, simply those config tool pop windows.

Santiago

• 11-05-2007 10:16 AM In reply to

The details related to the firmware update are not known, however the Beo5's has been shipping with firmware version 1.12a and as soon as your dealer goes to download a configuration it will also update the firmware to 1.20a.

So, the dealer has to use the configuration software to update the firmware for customers, however this can be done by them either off or on-line.

Regards Keith....

• 11-05-2007 10:32 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

the Beo5's has been shipping with firmware version 1.12a and as soon as your dealer goes to download a configuration it will also update the firmware to 1.20a.

That's right in theory, but in my case it doesn't work either at my dealer shop the day I picked up my beo5... and their new desktop computer is also a good and powerful one Hmm

Santiago

• 11-05-2007 10:42 AM In reply to

Santiago,

Subsequent to it saying that it did not download the new firmware, did you actually check to see if it still did the download because I noted you find it downloads anyway. Go into SETUP on the Beo5 then INFO to check

Regards Keith....

• 11-05-2007 10:45 AM In reply to

Yes, I can confirm you Keith, just right now in the beo5 "Product information" screen still appears:

Software Version: 1.12a 

And yes, only the firmware update fails, and all the rest of the configuration file downloading procedure happens 100% correctly every time,

In fact inside "counters" section I found: Config. Download (times): 110 

Santiago

• 11-05-2007 10:53 AM In reply to

My computer merely says the USB device connected has malfunctioned and cannot be recognised. No problem on my work one!
  • 11-05-2007 10:56 AM In reply to

Peter:
    My computer merely says the USB device connected has malfunctioned and cannot be recognised.

However I've never met this kind of USB problem with my computers. 

Santiago

• 11-05-2007 11:03 AM In reply to

I have asked this question a few time but had no answer yet,

I'd like to know if the Beo5 mounts as a drive when you connect it to a Mac...

P.

• 11-05-2007 11:12 AM In reply to

Don't know! I'll try tonight!
  • 11-05-2007 11:18 AM In reply to

The reasons I am asking are...

if when I finally get my Beo5... and if my PC does not allow me to transfer the file correctly I will always be able to send it to the Mac and transfer it to the Beo5 from there.

Also I am a Mac developer and I'd like to create a mac version of the Config software.

p.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >