in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-11-2008 7:08 PM by kimhav. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2007 5:00 AM

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

BeoPort 4.65 now availiable to download

This is the full working version (not beta) and all works fine. ftp://ftp.beoplayer.com/BeoPort.exe
  • 10-24-2007 5:14 AM In reply to

Re: BeoPort 4.65 now availiable to download

What's new?

Vista compatible?

p.

• 10-24-2007 5:43 AM In reply to

Well, from what I read in the spanish forum it seem to have Album pictures.

p.

• 10-24-2007 7:40 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Just tried to install this onmy PC with no luck at all. Getting an issue with the drivers been installed. had to go back to V4.61.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-24-2007 7:45 AM In reply to

As a matter of safety, may I suggest you do an image backup of your PC before proceeding with the installation of the latest version of the Beoport software. If you can't wait for a backup to be done, at least create a "Restore" point in Windows

Regards Keith....

• 10-24-2007 11:04 AM In reply to

Just a small tip to those having a large music library, remember that now all titles have a CD cover, therefore the "thumnails cache settings" under the NMUSIC menu in your setup has to be matching the number of tracks you have in your "My Music" folder, otherwise BeoPlayer/BeoPort will bug because it lacks space to update the artwork database. The basic setting is 5,000 music covers, I had to set it to 8,000 to make it work OK.

Also another tip to those who would like to have as many NRADIO stations in BeoPlayer as in BeoPort: if you have a friend that has a BeoPort box, install it on your PC with the BeoPort 4.65 software, then re-start your PC & unplug the whole BeoPort box, and BeoPort will shift to a normal BeoPlayer config..but with 3,000+ radio stations! I found this out as I recently sold my BeoPort box, but managed to keep all radio stations stored.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-24-2007 11:14 AM In reply to

It should be noted that the new version still has the old 4.61 Guide

Regards Keith....

• 10-24-2007 12:59 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Works quite great for me with the covers etc. - not having Beomedia1, now I wish even more to be able to use Santiago's solution with S-video connection between my PC and the TV downstairs. Unfortunately, it's quite a few meters between the devices ....

The new version seems to have (slightly) improved how the video drivers for my TV card cooperate with Beoplayer - this could however be very subjective ... these drivers (updates) can make you mad sometimes ... as Graigh indicates?

• 10-24-2007 3:08 PM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

All and Chrisreunion, did the album covers take a while to appear, and what did you get before the covers appeared? At the moment I just get the round circle (CD symbol), but I am going to increase the thumbnail cache to see if that does the trick. nlb.
  • 10-24-2007 4:05 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

In N.MUSIC: I had to pick an album eg and then use right button on the mouse to unfold a menu ("update cover", "update cover and info" etc.) then after going for one of the options things began to happen, ie covers start to appear etc. I have some obscure music so some of the covers were not to be found, but that's a different story I guess. Strangely, the Beoplayer doesn't seem to find any cover for "Bang & Olufsen Product Themes" (003 Tracks) ... also, you don't seem to get always exactly the cover as on the CD you just copied - but that I can understand, as they can be many versions.
  • 10-24-2007 6:26 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

I am having install issues.  Runs through until USB driver installation and then just hangs.  I have un-installed the old version, rebooted and still have the same problem.  Any ideas?

Greg

• 10-24-2007 6:34 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

Answer..... delete the BeoPort folder under Program Files\Bang & Olufsen too!

• 10-24-2007 9:16 PM In reply to

I just installed Beoport 4.65 and installation worked fine and net music and album covers work perfectly. However, net radio does not and it says can not connect with server. I have shut the firewall down and rebooted and still no luck. Any suggestions?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 10-25-2007 2:39 AM In reply to

....more importantly and "at last", it does seem to play the album tracks in order as opposed to alphabetical order. Progress. 10%
  • 10-25-2007 3:03 PM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

now that is good progress.
  • 10-25-2007 4:02 PM In reply to

• Joe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2007
    • SoCal
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

The Vista compatible version should be here in the first quarter of '08, thats what B&O says anyway.BeoPlayer is a pretty cool program, I am surprised that more people dont have it since its free.

Joe 

Its not just a product, its a way of life...
  • 10-25-2007 4:10 PM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Chrisreunion:

Just a small tip to those having a large music library, remember that now all titles have a CD cover, therefore the "thumnails cache settings" under the NMUSIC menu in your setup has to be matching the number of tracks you have in your "My Music" folder, otherwise BeoPlayer/BeoPort will bug because it lacks space to update the artwork database. The basic setting is 5,000 music covers, I had to set it to 8,000 to make it work OK.

Also another tip to those who would like to have as many NRADIO stations in BeoPlayer as in BeoPort: if you have a friend that has a BeoPort box, install it on your PC with the BeoPort 4.65 software, then re-start your PC & unplug the whole BeoPort box, and BeoPort will shift to a normal BeoPlayer config..but with 3,000+ radio stations! I found this out as I recently sold my BeoPort box, but managed to keep all radio stations stored.

Picked up a new CD today, but BeoPlayer couldn't find it after I uploaded it (using BeoPlayer).. until I discovered that you can now have a maximum of 10.000 songs on your disks. Had to delete some stuff to get access to the new CD (it was there, BeoPlayer just didn't show it until I was below 10.000 tracks). In the setup menu you can increase the basic setting from 5.000 to a maximum of 10.000. It adds a cover to each song.

Roger

• 10-25-2007 7:13 PM In reply to

Evening.

One thing I have noticed, but I don't think anyone has picked up on yet, in BeoPlayer 4.65 is that now you can set the recording quaility to 256K and lossless.  About time too.  Also in the guide there are mentions of copying music to the forthcoming BeoSound 6 and Serenata.

Regards,

Greg

• 10-26-2007 1:11 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Reading your post on the new Beoport 4.65 Version, I simply went to the B&O page and downloaded the upgrade. It took over from there, removing and installing everything.

I did adjust the CD volume Nr up to 10,000 as mentioned. Total time with the download, and reboot was 3.7 minutes. My only problem was entering my user name & password as I had touched the cap button.

The CD album info page beings the Album cover up large, which looks very good on a large plasma screen. Ready to reconnect the TV Haupage connection and see if it finally works.

Thanks all for letting us know about the upgrade !

• 10-26-2007 10:22 AM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

It does make me wonder how B&O communicate with customers regarding software updates, without Beoworld we would be in the dark! Could B&O make a note in the newsletter... Dealers can't be bothered!
  • 03-11-2008 7:08 PM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

Chrisreunion:

Hrm.. is it just me that finds the new version of sluggish to use when switching between the different playing modes; ie Album, Playlists, etc? The GUI on my system (using the same board as beomedia box) hangs for around 1-2 minutes when switching play mode. Okey my music library current has around 25.000 tracks; but the old version 4.61 didn't have this issue and it can only be the new cover thumbnails feature makes sure that this happens.

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)