in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-02-2008 2:28 PM by sinuhe. 44 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (45 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2008 3:19 PM In reply to

Re: Leopard and BM-Link 1.5

Here's to prove that IT does not follow any logical paths. I deinstalled 1.5 and reinstalled 1.0!

And it works.

Deinstalled 1.0 and reinstalled 1.5

And it doesn't work.

Reinstalled 1.0 again

And it works.

I mean, I work in IT myself and I know there's a small program in every large program trying to break out - but that BMLink stuff is really weird. So, all you folks out there having trouble on an Intel Box - go back to 1.0 and it might work.

Anders: what's happening here?

cheers

Torsten 

• 01-12-2008 1:49 PM In reply to

Hi Torsten

Which version of iTunes are you using? I de-installed BM-Link 1.5 and installed 1.0, but there was the same problem with iTunes 7.4.2.

Regards,

Christoph

• 01-12-2008 2:59 PM In reply to

I think it is really a shame now that the guy behing BM-Link has not yet updated the software for leopard and the latest version of itunes. it has been several months now.

it is a shame as well that B&O are not supporting the mac themselves, but rely on the goodwill of independent developers.

p. 

• 01-13-2008 4:30 PM In reply to

I am using 7.4.2 and 1.0. I also noted, that BM Link will stop working as soon as Parallels runs - regardless whether or not BeoPC's USB Port gets mapped to Parallels. So even though a USB Port is not mapped to Parallels it seems Parallels is doing something to these ports that BM-Link doesn't like. When I kill BM Link manually (under 1.0 it's just one process, 3 with 1.5), quit Parallels and then restart BM Link from preferences it works fine.

Anders, if you read this, please try to understand what happens there. B&O if you read this: you guys are a disgrace - you should be supporting the Mac.

regards

Torsten 

• 01-14-2008 2:07 PM In reply to

Okay, I'd like to confirm this.  I have iTunes 7.4.2 and beoport firmware 1.2.1.  I downloaded BM-Link package 1.0, RAN THE UNINSTALLER, then loaded 1.0.  Now it works almost exactly like it should.  The colored buttons and everything do their thing.  The only weird thing is the << and >> buttons fast forward and fast reverse, which may be how the old version worked.

It's pimp... it even skips the N.Radio playlist when you're changing the playlists. 

No idea about with iTunes 7.5. 

• 01-15-2008 8:50 AM In reply to

wtlc2zpx:

I think it is really a shame now that the guy behing BM-Link has not yet updated the software for leopard and the latest version of itunes. it has been several months now.

it is a shame as well that B&O are not supporting the mac themselves, but rely on the goodwill of independent developers.

p. 

I am agree ... I  wrote him a EMail and also offer to pay for his outstanding work. I got as answer, that he is looking for the right test environment ... but after months no new Update. What could we do ... as a Mac User.

Thomas 

• 01-18-2008 6:11 PM In reply to

You can easily create your own Apple Scripts and use them with BM-Link and control in basicly any appliction on your Mac with your BEO4.

With a small change to the existing Frontrow script in BM-Link, you can control Frontrow again under Leopard.

• 01-19-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

Have you made the changes? it would be nice if you could publish/send us the new applescripts...

p. 

• 01-19-2008 4:34 PM In reply to

• Maarten
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Wendover
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

With iTunes 7.6 (and BM-link 1.5) everything is back to normal, even the YBRG buttons work again.

Maarten 

• 01-21-2008 11:28 AM In reply to

Maarten:

With iTunes 7.6 (and BM-link 1.5) everything is back to normal, even the YBRG buttons work again.

Maarten 

How about controlling Frontrow?

• 01-22-2008 3:35 AM In reply to

@wv02447:

BM-Link version 1.5 starts Front Row using the command 'tell application "Front Row" to activate'.
    But this doesn't work for Front Row version 2.x.x. This only works for Front Row version 1.x.x.
    You have to write your own script to start Front Row.
    For example Beo4VRC does it like this:
    tell application "System Events"
         tell process “Front Row”
             key code 53 using {command down}
         end tell
    end tell
  • 01-23-2008 8:22 AM In reply to

Maarten:

Maarten 

Great News!!! I will test it this evening ... and sent some feedback

Thomas 

• 01-28-2008 1:58 PM In reply to

Not for me :-( Still no luck...

cheers

-tb 

• 01-29-2008 4:44 AM In reply to

SoundsGood:
    Maarten:

Maarten 

Great News!!! I will test it this evening ... and sent some feedback

Thomas 

It's not work, at all!!! I try everything, restart all Link Devices, Install BM-Link again, update BeoPort ..... Nothing worked.

You are shure that Leopard and BM-Link work together?

Thomas 

• 01-29-2008 6:47 AM In reply to

Well it certainly doesn't run on my box....(Intel iMac)
  • 01-30-2008 2:30 PM In reply to

So,

is Maarten the only one who has no problems while running Leopard and iTunes 7.6? I'd like to buy the BeoPC/Beolink but am hesitant due to these reported problems. What is the current situation?

• 01-31-2008 8:37 AM In reply to

I'm running Leopard, iTunes 7.6, and BM Link 1.5 and it works perfectly.
  • 01-31-2008 10:06 AM In reply to

The color keys and frontrow are working?

P.

• 02-01-2008 5:21 AM In reply to

Color keys yes, Frontrow I don't know.  I don't use it.  Never been a big fan of it.
  • 02-02-2008 2:28 PM In reply to

Tested at my dealer with my laptop running th latest software: works just fine, alto the color keys. Frontrow not quite, it opens when "PC" is pressed but that's it. 
Page 2 of 2 (45 items) < Previous 1 2