in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-04-2008 11:42 AM by Bouncer. 86 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (87 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-13-2007 6:05 PM

HDMI EXPANDER FOR BV7

B&O has made an HDMI expander BV7 32 mk III and 40 mk II, so instead of 1 DVI input you get 4 HDMI input with the expander box.

If you have a 32 MK I or II,  40 MK I with the HD upgrade it's an MK III so think it also can use it.Smile

• 10-13-2007 6:25 PM In reply to

Re: HDMI EXPANDER FOR BV7

Would appreciate any further details; is it a separate box and how is it mounted and how much is it?

thanks
    Vince

• 10-13-2007 6:26 PM In reply to

...and do you need to upgrade the firmware of the tv?
  • 10-13-2007 6:43 PM In reply to

Yes TV need SW and firmware upgrade to 7.7 , it's a separate BOX, have to wait to it's in the shops and see haw it can be mounted on the TV. 
  • 10-14-2007 4:32 AM In reply to

thanks for info, but DVI is only picture how does sound get converted as well

any idea of cost and when is it available as well?

thanks
    Vince

• 10-14-2007 4:53 AM In reply to

• Soren
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-04-2007
    • Kolding Denmark
    • Posts 56
    • Bronze Member

How can you tell if your 7-32 is MK I II or III

Søren

• 10-14-2007 4:54 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

I really, really, really hope this is true!

More details pls!

• 10-14-2007 5:07 AM In reply to

Soren:

How can you tell if your 7-32 is MK I II or III

From the type number. At least for the MKIII the type number should be between 9331 - 9339.

• 10-14-2007 5:41 AM In reply to

vlohjr1:

thanks for info, but DVI is only picture how does sound get converted as well

any idea of cost and when is it available as well?

thanks
    Vince

It's also connected to Digital input A4 where it's controlled from, hope it also use it for Audio Smile

• 10-14-2007 5:42 AM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

GSHaigh:

I really, really, really hope this is true!

More details pls!

IT IS - check addition to the guide in attachment. I had to delete the first and last
    page (cover) in order to reduce the file size to the allowed maximum of 100kb!

• 10-14-2007 5:50 AM In reply to

Thanks Gerd!

Looks a very nice solution. But I don't really understand how audio is handled in this setup... Anyone can explain?

• 10-14-2007 6:07 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

Reading the PDF it reads as if it also connects to Audio C4 for control.  Although this isn't shown in the diagram.

I've been hoping this product would appear,  so a BIG thank you to B&O!  I guess this means the BV7-32 won't have the BS3 chassis, but who cares! 

Now I just need a neat solution to use this in conjunction with BeoMedia and I'll be happy!  At the moment my BeoMedia is connected on DVI and my SKY HD is on component.  Any ideas how I'll get round this?

Greg

• 10-14-2007 6:09 AM In reply to

I also don't get the text: "If an HDMI Expander is connected, the audio socket C4 is not available, since the HDMI Expander claims the C4 socket for control.".

"audio socket C4"? C4 is not an audio socket but an IR control socket. A4 is for audio... right? So what do they mean?

Also, the diagram in the first page shows that the expander is indeed connected to the IR socket... Unsure

I would think that the phrase "audio socket C4" should "IR control socket C4". Only then it would make sense...

Petros

• 10-14-2007 6:17 AM In reply to

petrosbeli:

I also don't get the text: "If an HDMI Expander is connected, the audio socket C4 is not available, since the HDMI Expander claims the C4 socket for control.".

"audio socket C4"? C4 is not an audio socket but an IR control socket. A4 is for audio... right? So what do they mean?

Also, the diagram in the first page shows that the expander is indeed connected to the IR socket... Unsure

You have a point there Smile it makes more sense to connect it to C4 as it's an output..

• 10-14-2007 6:19 AM In reply to

petrosbeli:

I would think that the phrase "audio socket C4" should actually be "IR control socket C4". Only then it would make sense...

Petros

• 10-14-2007 12:23 PM In reply to

where did you get the guide any more pictures?

does anybody does when it isavailable?

thanks

VInce

• 10-14-2007 12:44 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Although this a good option, it's definitely not a MKIII replacement - the big difference is the BS3-based chassis and that the DVD upscales the source. The worst thing about my MKI BV7 is that DVDs are so dark and gloomy, they are difficult to watch. The same film through Sky or BBC HD is far brighter, which means it's definitely a DVD player issue..

I hope this HDMI splitter isn't too expensive. I've already paid £350 to upgrade the MKI to HD :)

• 10-15-2007 5:23 PM In reply to

I rang two UK B&O dealers for further info about the splitter in London; and I have unhelpful replies and comments and even some unfriendly and unkind remarks about Beoworld. If there were no Beoworld I would not have known about this-so thank you!

Vince

• 10-15-2007 5:58 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Yes, Beoworld seems to generate a love/hate reaction with many dealers. The same applies to Lifestyle AV and so on. The thing is, many dealers have second hand or ex-demo equipment available if you ask, so I don't see why they worry so much. I guess information can be 'evil', so the Internet, eBay, Beoworld and so on generates availability and info that traditional retailers fear.

The thing is, retailers can't stop change and being grumpy or dissing competition isn't going to make them appear in a good light. 

• 10-15-2007 11:47 PM In reply to

How do I know which software version I am on and will I be able to carry out the upgrade myself?

Thanks.

• 10-16-2007 2:19 PM In reply to

if your TV is more then a month old it need an SW update, it's not possible to do yourself...
  • 10-16-2007 3:13 PM In reply to

moxxey:

Yes, Beoworld seems to generate a love/hate reaction with many dealers. The same applies to Lifestyle AV and so on. The thing is, many dealers have second hand or ex-demo equipment available if you ask, so I don't see why they worry so much. I guess information can be 'evil', so the Internet, eBay, Beoworld and so on generates availability and info that traditional retailers fear.

The thing is, retailers can't stop change and being grumpy or dissing competition isn't going to make them appear in a good light. 

Several dealer told me that I would get more money if I sold my TV through Lifestyle than if I sold it myself, and they pointed me to the web site.

As for Beoworld, they used to be told by B&O not to participate in the forum. As we know we think B&O has changed their mind, so it will take a bit of time before it gets down to the dealers. 

• 10-16-2007 6:54 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

Although this a good option, it's definitely not a MKIII replacement - the big difference is the BS3-based chassis and that the DVD upscales the source. The worst thing about my MKI BV7 is that DVDs are so dark and gloomy, they are difficult to watch. The same film through Sky or BBC HD is far brighter, which means it's definitely a DVD player issue..

I hope this HDMI splitter isn't too expensive. I've already paid £350 to upgrade the MKI to HD :)

It´s because the movie mode is ON when you watch DVD:s. And when you are watching Sky or BBC HD the movie mode are set to OFF.

Go in to the service menu and set it from Auto to off. Then the DVD:s should be as bright as Sky HD movies... And you get less motion sickness and less overall artefact's..

Try...

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-17-2007 2:54 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab, I've read these forums long enough to understand all about the movie mode. It's definitely off. I've been off since I bought the TV in 2004 :)

Believe me, a DVD through the DVD player is much darker than via Sky HD and that's nothing to do with a 'movie mode'. Backlight is on, I've increased the brightness (in the service menu) as much as possible, contrast etc etc.

• 10-17-2007 3:35 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

Beolab, I've read these forums long enough to understand all about the movie mode. It's definitely off. I've been off since I bought the TV in 2004 :)

Believe me, a DVD through the DVD player is much darker than via Sky HD and that's nothing to do with a 'movie mode'. Backlight is on, I've increased the brightness (in the service menu) as much as possible, contrast etc etc.

I´m sorry Moxxey, just a first idea that comes up in my mind to solve the problem. Sad

Have you tried to increase the master contrast (Backlight contrast) in the service menu then?  

Hm, it must be the DVD or the panel then.. Did they change panel to the MK III panel when you had it in for service?

I don´t remember...Unsure

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

Page 1 of 4 (87 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >