in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-23-2007 11:35 AM by MartinW. 41 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (42 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2007 3:18 PM In reply to

• Tomvdw
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 109
    • Founder

Re: BEO5 configuration software

...just bought my Beo5 today ;-) Its quite nice - but my dealer isn´t able to program this one :( And all I got was the chance to test a beta version of the configuration tool which seemed to be very unstable :(

Has anybody any idea for me to get this nice "boy toy" configured - the standard is not very nice at all !

Tom

• 11-17-2007 3:37 PM In reply to

As part of the purchase price, your dealer has a duty to make the Beo5 fit for use. He should, with your help, draw up a plan of your current system and program the Beo5 to match it. I have been assured by B&O that the dealers are perfectly capable of doing this. Did your dealer refuse to set it up or was he unable to program it? There is no beta version that I am aware of and all dealers are able to download the software required.

What is your set up?  

• 11-17-2007 4:30 PM In reply to

• Tomvdw
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 109
    • Founder

Hi Peter,

I just played with a version from early june - stated as "beta"... 

My setup is that I do have a linked flat with LX6000 + VCR7000 and BS1 in the bedroom, BeoSystem 6500 + BeoPC in my office, a BL passive in the main bathroom and BS9000, Avant RF VCR, STB controller, DVD in the living room.

Rgds

Thomas 

• 11-17-2007 6:13 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

When I read posts like this, it really sickens me, right through to the marrow.
    It is not very often that I post such strong views on here as I like to keep the peace.
    I can think of at least ten Beoworld members who can set up a Beo5 better than many dealers.

Bang and Olufsen, I have the deepest respect for you and I am one of your greatest fans, but....

Please, please, can you release the configuration software to Beo5 owners.

People like Thomas shouldn't be going home with this fantastic product and still feeling deflated.

Sincerely, Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-17-2007 6:23 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I've a feeling that I'm going to be severely reprimanded for that post. Sorry in advance, but feel very strongly about this.

Andy

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-19-2007 2:39 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hi Andy,

You are totally right and you perfectly express my feeling about Beo5.

A few years ago, I bought a Pronto, donwloaded the software from the web and after a several weeks of successive improvements of macros I had a remote control which perfectly fit with my setup... design excluded, of course!

I cannot imagine that a dealer will spend this amount of time for a Beo5, as the profit/time ratio would be close to 0.

So PLEASE B&O, RELEASE THIS SOTFWARE!, and give Beo5 the capability to learn codes!!

For me, no soft, no bucks Stick out tongue 

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 11-19-2007 4:22 PM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

jandyt:

Bang and Olufsen, I have the deepest respect for you and I am one of your greatest fans, but....

Please, please, can you release the configuration software to Beo5 owners.

Yes... and No...

I've had my Beo5 for a couple of weeks now, it is a lovely piece of kit (when eventually setup correctly). I didn't want to ask the dealer for the software as I didn't want to put him in a difficult situation.

But when I upgraded my BV7 from the MKII to the MKIII, I could not use the Sky, because the MKII had Sky on DTV, and now DTV is the internal Digital TV on the MKIII, so Sky was moved to V.Aux, so that ment a 2hour round trip drive to the dealer for that change. Then I needed another change... another 2 hour drive. Now the BBC3 button wont work (sky receives 15 not 115???), another 2hour drive, only to find out it works in the dealers showroom, just not in my setup at home. All a bit frustrating I know.

So yes I would like the software, but having seen the dealer use it, and the amount of times it crashed or refused to work or failed to send the configuration down, I think I'll pass. If that software was wrote by our company it probably would never of made it past quality control.

Plus if I did acquire the software and bricked my Beo5 would the dealers wash their hands?.

Personally I would like B&O to release a dumbed down version, ie add a tv channel, add a logo, add a peripheral, simple stuff.

JoC 

• 11-19-2007 4:34 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Joe, if your Sky box just receives 15 instead of 115, it may be that your IR lead is not exactly in the right position on your Sky box. It need two people to set it in the perfect spot.
    As for cocking up your config....
    Keith Saunders has seen my config today and I'm sure he is aghast!
    I have been playing with it that much that it is an absolute pigsty in there! Still works though.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-19-2007 4:50 PM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

Thought about that, but of ALL the tv channels that are on the Beo5 BBC3, is the only one that don't work. I was thinking it maybe doing something weird with the starting "11"... but no software, no testing... and I am sure as hell aint driving again... I think I'll wait for the B&O dumbed down version.
  • 11-20-2007 12:05 AM In reply to

Yes, when figures gets repeated in a channel number, the STB only get 1. I suppose this can be fixed by using a delay in the delay tab.

I have noticed the same problem but haven't had the time to try and fix it yet. 

p. 

• 11-20-2007 9:55 AM In reply to

• BeoET
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-14-2007
    • Scandinavia
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Hi, I've not yet bought the Beo5 - my current thinking is to buy one to the family/house for Xmas… But I would really like to have the configuration sw myself, even if the sw still isn't 100% stable or easy to use.

If one can add macros in the Beo5 to control the DVD Controller (in our case for a Sony RDR-HX1010), then I think it might be worth it. Currently my wife and the kids haven’t learnt the cryptic (poor usability!)  “Go+0”, “Go+Red”, “Go + >” Beo4 combinations needed to control the DVD/HDD drive. N.Music as well will hopefully be easier to control via the Beo5.

Anyone that knows if there are any Beo5 macros for the DVD Controller currently available? Another question: Is it possible to have a macro in the Beo5 that turns on the TV (BV5) with a given Speaker-setting, for instance - that is: Combine two (or more) Beo4 commands in one Beo5 command?

• 11-20-2007 10:39 AM In reply to

Yes, that's what a Beo5 is very good at, sending successions of Beo4 like commands at the press of one key.

The software may have an already programmed screen for the DVD Controller, otherwise you can create it yourself.

P.

• 11-21-2007 6:57 PM In reply to

I wouldn't be at all put off by the number of error messages that the config software kicks up - mine does about 3 error messages every time I update the remote, but all the functions work 100% and the software actually runs very stable despite telling you that some things aren't right.

Just ignore the error messages - seems they don't really matter!

I'm totally happy with the software, though it doesn't seem to work on my laptop - but neither did Beoplayer (Sony VAIO - known fault at B&O, some sort of driver conflict with the VAIO software).  On my desktop it runs perfectly.

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 11-21-2007 7:32 PM In reply to

MartinW:

I wouldn't be at all put off by the number of error messages that the config software kicks up - mine does about 3 error messages every time I update the remote.

Hi Martin,

you can read here how I've found a solution for all those errors.

good luck! 

Santiago

• 11-21-2007 7:45 PM In reply to

Thanks for that!

I would be interested to know some of the changes you did make?  I use the lights function as you do, so I would imagine errors lie there in my config for starters?

Thanks,

Martin

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 11-22-2007 6:20 AM In reply to

MartinW:

Thanks for that!

I would be interested to know some of the changes you did make?  I use the lights function as you do, so I would imagine errors lie there in my config for starters?

Thanks,

Martin

Hello Martin, 

The first thing I did was erase all the light commands and groups I had created by myself in ALL the screens and let stay only those in the "scenes" sections (access by the right down "fix" on-screen button) and that fixed all the "light warning errors" immediately.

Good luck.

Santiago

• 11-23-2007 11:35 AM In reply to

Ah, yes I thought that would be causing some of the issues.

But actually - I like having the Light function on some of my menus, because it keeps everything on the one screen.  Whilst it may be illogical to the software, it makes perfect sense to me!  Especially since it's not the software that needs to teach my wife how to use the new remote!

Thanks very much for your reply though.

Martin

Page 2 of 2 (42 items) < Previous 1 2