in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-23-2007 11:35 AM by MartinW. 41 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (42 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2007 8:28 AM

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

BEO5 configuration software

Hi all,

I will get my Beo5 next week.

It's OK for my dealer to give me a copy of the configuration software, but he don't know how. He have not got a CD or sometime. I guess it's installed from the net. Anyone knows what I shoudl copy from he PC in order to get the configuation software to my PC?

Ken

• 10-12-2007 8:44 AM In reply to

Re: BEO5 configuration software

I do not know how the software is installed, but the easiest for you would be to go there with a USB memory stick.

Will the dealer share his password???

p.

• 10-12-2007 8:46 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

From what I have seen,  the software can be used in an offline mode, thus no need for username and password from your dealer.  Just enter your own made up username and password.

Greg

• 10-12-2007 8:55 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Yes, I will bring a USB stick with me. But I need to know what to copy. Is it a single program file, is it a specific directory, is it a number of files / dirs?

On this forum it seams that others have got a copy from thier dealer. Maybe they could to what to copy.

Ken

• 10-12-2007 9:03 AM In reply to

I'll be going to my dealer no later than this afternoon for the same reason.

I still haven't ordered the Beo5 as I am waiting to get the software...

p.

• 10-12-2007 9:34 AM In reply to

I suggest you review the beo5 FAQ HERE

Regards Keith....

• 10-12-2007 9:34 AM In reply to

It is a stand alone program in what is called msi form which extracts and installs automatically. You don't need a password or log in - but you do have to work off line - allegedly.
  • 10-12-2007 10:43 AM In reply to

• etf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Hallo,

how can I receive the BEO5 programming software ? My local dealer points out that it is not possible to distribute the software, because of its connection to a dealer-computer !?!

Can it be downloaded from some other places on the B&O homepage ?

Thanks for the reply !

• 10-12-2007 10:51 AM In reply to

It is really up to B&O whether they distribute the software. It does not need a connection to the central server to work but I can understand why B&O and the dealers are keen to keep it in store. Unfortunately the best way to program this device is in the home and after trying various formats. I think this will come once the software is more stable. Beoworld cannot be seen to be illegally distributing copyright software I am afraid.
  • 10-12-2007 10:58 AM In reply to

• etf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for the answer. I didn't not expect that Beoworld is distributing software. It was more the question whether the software is available on the official webside or not. As I understand not ! Hopefullly the software is available soon for the users purpose at home ! I will wait patient !

Thanks !

• 10-12-2007 11:05 AM In reply to

I do believe that the software will be available sooner rather than later! It is not difficult to use and for those not happy to do this, the dealer network will be there to help. I do wonder if they are not actually building up a useful database of templates which should be helpful.

I love my Beo5 - a really good addition to the B&O range.

• 10-12-2007 2:12 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

As I understand it, this early version of the software is pretty basic, with only contemporary B&O products available.
    Once it has been tried and tested, and modified to suit dealers demands, I expect it will be released to us 'punters'.
    If it was released too early, and found to be lacking, it would not do much for B&O's good reputation.
    Once accustomed to the software, it is quite easy to use, allegedly.
    Hurry up B&O, we want it!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-13-2007 3:17 AM In reply to

• Lorup
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

Now I’m curious, did anyone manage to get the software?

/Søren

BeoVision 7-40 MKII, BeoSound 5, BeoLab 5

• 10-15-2007 3:18 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Hi all,

Thanks for all the information.

Now I know it's a MSI package and that it can work off-line and there is no need for username / password. That very usefull info.

Anyone knows where on the source PC (the dealeres PC) the MSI package is placed and the name of the package?

Regards,

Ken

• 10-15-2007 12:43 PM In reply to

• Lorup
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

The name should be BEO5ConfigTool.msi

A MSI file is a installer file, and will only be on the pc if the user has saved the file to the hard-drive

/Søren

BeoVision 7-40 MKII, BeoSound 5, BeoLab 5

• 10-15-2007 2:54 PM In reply to

it's called beo5ctsetup
  • 10-19-2007 3:45 PM In reply to

Is there anyone who can post me Beo5CTsetup.exe ?

I have all but...

Thanks

10% 

• 11-02-2007 3:54 PM In reply to

Customer SW will be launched late late 2008...

• 11-02-2007 4:05 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Gosh, that's a whole year! Surely we won't have to wait that long.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-02-2007 4:31 PM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

The Stig - ver. 1.4:
    Customer SW will be launched late late 2008...

AFAIK this SW will allow customers make (minor) changes to an existing configuration only 

• 11-09-2007 11:23 AM In reply to

I think it is going to be quiet interesting to see how B&O handles this.
    For one, and having played with the config software and written some basic macros, I can see that it is going to be a major pain for dealers only to config this device. Importing icons and macros is straight-forward but it is time-consuming and needs a very logical mind to do it. I just can't see dealers being impressed with all the extra work they will have to do for zip return and the fact they are going to have to consume more manhours for each customer who buys it.
    By nature, I'm guessing the average B&O buyer who buys a Beo5 will want it set-up "just-so". It will have to be perfect, logical, anal even. For those with non-B&O equipment to macro-in, get right, test, edit, etc.... people could be looking at multiple trips back and forth to their dealer. This is not increasing new foot-fall but repeating non-buying foot-fall.
    The current config software is not appropriate for the general masses - too complicated unless you are a tech-head. A limited SW solution will also not be a solution for most because it will be "less than perfect"
    10%
  • 11-10-2007 5:50 AM In reply to

Had my Beo5 for one week now or rather I have had it for one day since I bought it and the dealer has had it for the rest!! Says I cannot have the software. Can see dealers will have problems with finding the time to deal with customer demands for no profit. Can't believe a USB stick version of the software has not appeared somewhere on the Net yet. Anyone any ideas where I might look?

I have the time and energy to invest in finding my own solutions but not the software. My dealer has no time and little energy ........B&O technical are not answering his calls.

Do I have any options other than get my money back due to "not fit for purpose"?

• 11-10-2007 5:35 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi John, and welcome to the forum.
    This is a really awkward situation. It's fairly obvious that many Beoworlders have access to the software, and often our members are more capable at configuring thear Beo5s than their dealer.
    Unfortunately, Bang and Olufsen have not, as yet, released the software for use by the customer. We at Beoworld, cannot be seen to be condoning the use of illegitimate copies of the software.
    You have paid a lot of money for this great product but obviously are not reaping any benefit as yet. I would make my feelings known to your dealer and tell him that you are considering asking for a refund. Try to be polite though, don't go in 'all guns blazing' as this won't help.
    I wish you all the best and hope you get your Beo5 back soon, set up as you want it.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-11-2007 7:02 AM In reply to

It takes days to configure a Beo5 properly.

With a quick configuration, the Beo5 is in my opinion not as good as a Beo4.

Get your money back, and find a dealer that give you the software when you buy the remote.

A month ago, dealers would not give the software easily, but I think now the understood that it takes too long and they are a bit more inclined to give it away.

The software is still a bit quirky, and I suggest the dealer does a first quick setup to at least update the firmware of the remote. 

p. 

• 11-11-2007 9:39 AM In reply to

Thanks for the tip. The dealer is a good guy and wants to do a good job - he is probably as frustrated as I am!! I will probably work with him to sort it out for a little while longer

J

Page 1 of 2 (42 items) 1 2 Next >