in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-03-2008 6:55 PM by Beolab. 85 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2007 3:59 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: My BV 7-40 MKIII Full HD Dark Grey has finally arrived! Pictures, info, and much more...!

Though I don't like the BV7 in dark grey, I still have to say that your new TV is very beautifull. Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. I know it has been asked before, but could you post a picture of the connections?

Enjoy it!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-09-2007 11:17 PM In reply to

Re: My BV 7-40 MKIII Full HD Dark Grey has finally arrived! Pictures, info, and much more...!

Congratulations for your new TV! We are now two in the forum to have it! I have mine since about 1 month now (North American version) . The picture quality is outstanding. I have also checked in the service menu and the North American version has exactly the same screen than yours except that it is running at 60Hz.

Regards,

Jean

• 10-10-2007 1:40 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

tom:
    Though I don't like the BV7 in dark grey, I still have to say that your new TV is very beautifull. Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. I know it has been asked before, but could you post a picture of the connections?

Enjoy it!

Thanks mate ;) What color have you picked then? I´ve got a BV 7-40 MK II in Silver and a Dark Grey BV 7-40 MKIII now.

So it´s only RED, Blue and Black left..=)

Look at my pictures higher up in this tread, there you can see the back panel.

Or you can look here:

It´s hard to take pictures of the back panel (BS3) But here is a few:

http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/766/beovision-7-mk-lll-dark-grey

http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/777/beovision-7-mk-lll-dark-grey

http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/776/beovision-7-mk-lll-dark-grey

http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/775/beovision-7-mk-lll-dark-grey

(Note: Push the "expand button" for real size pictures)

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-13-2007 3:42 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Now i have had my BV7 for a few days and i can only say that the picture gets better and better every day! " The picture It´s loosen up" colors and the contrast loosen up more..

I went in to the service menu and saw that the sharpness only where set to 14 of 100?? ( .. 100 is the max..)

But then when i set the sharpness to 20- 59 the picture had a little more sharpening but loads of pixel problems at 59, so my conclusion is that my Bv7 are set to the best parameter: 14.. And the picture is realy sharp trust me..=)

Regards 

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-15-2007 7:39 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Thanks Beolab for the pics, love it. Its the colour I would choose.
  • 10-16-2007 8:23 AM In reply to

The B&O web site now officially mentions the new BV7 in their news item.

The BV7 page still has not been updated

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=174

P.

• 10-16-2007 8:33 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh very nice. Tidy up your room mr! Stick out tongue

Is this available in 32 inces? If so, when i have the money i'll get one in red YUMM. Big Smile 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-16-2007 11:54 AM In reply to

No, only the 40 has been updated.

A new expander box has been released to connect 4HDMI sources to a BV-32.

• 10-16-2007 1:06 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

But the BV 7-32 have been updated. The panel are now a new High Glare panel ho has greater contrast ratio and it´s the same type as in the BV 7-40.

So the difference are just the BS3, 1080p and the cinema box. I should go for the BV 7-32 MK III High Glare  if i wanted a 32" ...

I can say that the BV 7-32 are not in such great need of a BS3 like BV 7-40 are.. Bigger screen means more calculations for the processor. And Samsung doesn't even produce a 1080p 32" LCD panel, so it would be difficult for B&o to put in a  screen ho dosen´t exist!   

I saw it at my dealer and the picture looks greater than the old BV7-32 MK III i can say...

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-16-2007 1:10 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:

So the difference are just the BS3, 1080p and the cinema box. I should go for the BV 7-32 MK III High Glare  if i wanted a 32" ...

I saw it at my dealer and the picture looks greater than the old BV7-32 MK III i can say...

But the 40" version also has 4 proper HDMI sockets (that handle digital video and audio) and support for 7.1 surround sound. I wonder if the 32" DVD has been improved - that's the worst component of my current MKI BV7-32.

Has anyone else received their MKIII BV7-40, apart from Beolab? Any other feedback?

• 10-16-2007 1:22 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    Beolab:

But the 40" version also has 4 proper HDMI sockets (that handle digital video and audio) and support for 7.1 surround sound. I wonder if the 32" DVD has been improved - that's the worst component of my current MKI BV7-32.

Has anyone else received their MKIII BV7-40, apart from Beolab? Any other feedback?

But with the new Bv 7-32 Mk III with High Glare panel and the new 4x HDMI expander inbuilt, it is a mini BV 7-40 Mk III i think..

Go for it! ;)

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-16-2007 3:15 PM In reply to

Beolab:

But with the new Bv 7-32 Mk III with High Glare panel and the new 4x HDMI expander inbuilt, it is a mini BV 7-40 Mk III i think..

Has this been announced??? 

• 10-16-2007 4:12 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:
    Beolab:

Has this been announced??? 

Yes in the new catalog and my dealer have a Pre.ex BV 7 MkIII High Glare with HDMI expander and SW upgrade.

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-16-2007 4:38 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:

The B&O web site now officially mentions the new BV7 in their news item.

The BV7 page still has not been updated

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=174

P.

Funny that the EU Bv 7-40 MkIII have a contrast ratio of 2000:1 and the US Bv 7-40 model has only 1200:1 ??

It must depend on the lover voltage in the US = Low power =  Less contrast ratio! LaughingWink Hehe. (Just a bad joke)

Anyone got a clue?

Read the EU spec in the end of the pdf file.: http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/file/Press/BVi7-40%20EU_PR.pdf

The US spec: No High Glare panel nor the new contrast glass? Maybe thats the answer of the contrast ratio difference's? http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/File/Products/Technical%20Specifications/BeoVision7_en_na.pdf

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-16-2007 5:23 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:

Yes in the new catalog...

Beolab, there's nothing in the new catalogue about an updated BV7-32. Indeed, my dealer stated that there are no differences or improvements in the BV7-32 and the HDMI expander module isn't shipped as default with the BV7-32. However, whether a dealer includes the module in their BV7-32's, is another matter.

Where did you see these 'improvements' in the catalogue? There's no mention of the 4 x HDMI sockets, contrast ratio or anything.

• 10-16-2007 5:46 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    Beolab:

Yes in the new catalog...

Beolab, there's nothing in the new catalogue about an updated BV7-32. Indeed, my dealer stated that there are no differences or improvements in the BV7-32 and the HDMI expander module isn't shipped as default with the BV7-32. However, whether a dealer includes the module in their BV7-32's, is another matter.

Where did you see these 'improvements' in the catalogue? There's no mention of the 4 x HDMI sockets, contrast ratio or anything.

Read the spec: It´s says: Bv7-40 and BV 7-32 = High Glare panels = Higher contrast ratio.

The US BV 7 doesn't have the high glare panel and only got 1200:1 against 2000:1 for the EU version.

My dealer has a BV 7-32 MK III with High Glare panel and i don´t now if it is a B&O HDMI expander box, but i assume that.

And the (new) BV 7-32 also got a new SW. It isn't any big updates but, my dealer says that B&o doesen´t improve a product if they don´t see any big improvements  in PQ. It would be waist of money. So the BV 7-32 MK III (b) are up to date... And i can´t see any BIG difference between the 32" or 40" in comparison. A slightly better image from the 40" maybe..

Regards. 

Regards  

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-17-2007 10:48 AM In reply to

the thing i find slightly worrying is that the hdmi sockets appear to be vertically mounted and unlike dvi they don't have a locking mechanism , so there's a chance the plug could fall out

has that happened to you yet ? 

popgear is grate™

• 10-17-2007 11:53 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

With my heavy HDMI -> DVI adapter, the cable often falls out. Well, 'falls out' isn't the right word - it comes slightly loose, but enough to lose the video. I guess as the HDMI cables are fairly lightweight, the chances of them coming loose is reduced compared to my current setup.
  • 10-17-2007 1:54 PM In reply to

Congrats - amazing TV.
    Grey looks interesting - however I would probably choose silver, well for second tv as in your case - perhaps black or gray.

Enjoy your new baby and thanks for pictures!
    David the BeoPerson
  • 10-17-2007 5:51 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Flappo The Grate:

the thing i find slightly worrying is that the hdmi sockets appear to be vertically mounted and unlike dvi they don't have a locking mechanism , so there's a chance the plug could fall out

has that happened to you yet ? 

Yes the HDMI sockets are placed vertically, but i think it´s great because if you got a thick and stiff HDMI cable you don´t need to bend it or anything to make it fit... And the HDMI connections are tight so the cable will not slide out like on my old Pioneer 507XD...

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-18-2007 2:40 PM In reply to

Beolab, is the LCD screen still "blueish" ?

My BV7-40MK2 was that and thats was one of some issue that make me swap to BV9 FULL HD 

• 10-18-2007 4:03 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

....mr anders(son):

Beolab, is the LCD screen still "blueish" ?

My BV7-40MK2 was that and thats was one of some issue that make me swap to BV9 FULL HD 

My BV 7-40 MK II are a slight blueish but not the new MK III it´s more neutral i think in the image... They have increased the yellow or the skin tone color more i think ( More natural skin tone).. So overall it´s more natural...

Regards  

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-20-2007 3:46 AM In reply to

• Danny
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-08-2007
    • Copenhagen
    • Posts 17
    • Gold Member

Mr. Ander(son), Beolab, and others have any of you, any non-B&O devices connected to your BS3-televisions? Went to a dealer yesterday, almost decided on buying a 7-40 mkIII and Beo5, but was told that I wouldn’t be able to control e.g. a Sony HDD. Without digital tuner I will never buy a DVD2 or HDR2…

Danny

• 10-21-2007 8:41 AM In reply to

Hej Beolab
    Tillykke med BV 7-40 full HD.
    Jeg går og venter på at min B&O forhandler får et BV 7-40 full HD hjem til mig.
    Jeg bruger så vente tiden til at forberede et billede til "hjemme biografen."
    Print ud, og læg det i glas og ramme hvis du kan bruge det.

Push on picture.
    Regards Peter Pan
    Filed under:
  • 10-22-2007 5:34 AM In reply to

Beolab:

Yes in the new catalog and my dealer have a Pre.ex BV 7 MkIII High Glare with HDMI expander and SW upgrade.

Regards

Hi Fredrik!

Is your dealer located in Stockholm?

BTW, you have a PM.

/Ola
Page 2 of 4 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >