in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2010 12:34 PM by ipaul. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2007 12:00 PM

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

avant picture problem - any advice, please...

hi,

would be grateful for any advice, have a 28" flatscreen avant which has just started to show thin horizontal lines across the screen, i think the lines are about an inch apart and they go all the way down the screen, sometimes you can hardly see them but other times (against a plain black background for example) they're very noticeable, i think the brightness/contrast may also be fluctuating when they're visible - does anybody know what this is likely to be?, e.g tube or power supply etc ?

thanks in advance

steve

• 10-08-2007 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: avant picture problem - any advice, please...

You are seeing the flyback lines which should not be visable. Given that the brightness and contrast are fluctuating means the most likely cause is the tube, but it could also be a fault in the flyback blanking circuit.

You will need to have a B&O service centre look at it to be sure.

Regards Keith....

• 10-09-2007 5:01 AM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

keith as always thanks for the quick and knowledgeable reply, guess i'll have to try and organise a callout :(

• 12-05-2010 8:56 AM In reply to

Hi could I ask what happened about your tv back in 2007 when you thought the tube might be going?  Was it that indeed and did you get it replaced?  Many thanks.

• 12-05-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

If the lines are white: most likely something with a louzy G2 control or HT/flyback electronics problem

If the lines are either blue, red or green: most likely the tube (easy to find out by a tech).

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)