in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-05-2007 12:14 PM by Flappo The Grate. 57 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2007 5:48 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV 7-40 Mk III Countdown- who get the first one in EU...?

What kind of beamer do you use (brand and type) ?

Are you satisfied with the quality of picture?

• 09-30-2007 6:23 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The lack of a BV7-32 udpate (for now) isn't good news, I agree. Either they will have to drop the model or update it sooner rather than later. You can't have a BV8-32 with HDMI socket and 'old' BV7-32 with a DVI-only socket. Also, I'm assuming the BV8-32 screen is probably of a higher spec than that of the current BV7-32, as the chassis is digital-based.

Was in my dealer yesterday comparing the BV7-32 to BV7-40 and the BV7-40 is so much larger - the 7.2 speaker is nearly 25cm wider, which means that it could be too large for my apartment :-/

• 09-30-2007 6:39 AM In reply to

Hi, i do not think the dealers are permittet or even want to use it as a demo. Obviously they want to use the latest model for demo's - i mean if they are a good dealer Big Smile

I would think it easy to sell a used mk2 if you want to pay the difference. Here in Denmark a used 40 mk2 sells around DKR 55.000 in DBA where i can see that a new 40 mk3 will cost DKR 90.000 + remote (if Beo5 96.460 dkr).

• 09-30-2007 6:42 AM In reply to

Fantastic article. Great to see a serious journalist writing about Bang & Olufsen. I ofthen think many writes a some what clouded article only because they find the equipment too expensive, or lack the intelligence to see the true values of details and use.
  • 09-30-2007 7:18 AM In reply to

moxxey:

The lack of a BV7-32 udpate (for now) isn't good news, I agree. Either they will have to drop the model or update it sooner rather than later. You can't have a BV8-32 with HDMI socket and 'old' BV7-32 with a DVI-only socket. Also, I'm assuming the BV8-32 screen is probably of a higher spec than that of the current BV7-32, as the chassis is digital-based.

Was in my dealer yesterday comparing the BV7-32 to BV7-40 and the BV7-40 is so much larger - the 7.2 speaker is nearly 25cm wider, which means that it could be too large for my apartment :-/

You can choose the 7.1 speaker with the BV7-40!!. I will switch from the BV7-32mkIII to BV7-40mkIII.

• 09-30-2007 7:18 AM In reply to

moxxey:

You can choose the 7.1 speaker with the BV7-40!!. I will switch from the BV7-32mkIII to BV7-40mkIII.

• 09-30-2007 8:32 AM In reply to

Bieele:
    TerryM:

unfortunately,the 32" will neither be getting the BS3 chassis,nor a 1080p panel.

That is bad news indeed! How final is this news? How reliable is the source? 

Bieele 

My dealer has,in the past,been reliable in his updates.

He attended the recent dealer seminar in Denmark.

Apparently,the only intended alteration to the BV7-32,at some unspecified future date,is a "high glare"? panel.

Re the BV7-42 Mk111,he has received confirmation from B & O,that his order will be despatched from Denmark on the 14 October,and he will have it in store on 17/18 October.

N.B.-the extended 4 year warranty on TVs until the 31/12/07.

• 09-30-2007 8:33 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Doc:

What kind of beamer do you use (brand and type) ?

Are you satisfied with the quality of picture?

I use a Sanyo PLV-Z3 beamer, I use it for movies only. It is connected directly to a Denon DVD player on a component output. Very satisfied with the picture; a relative of mine uses the later version PLV-Z4 which is also very impressive (even better black levels)!

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 09-30-2007 1:17 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

quattro:

Yes, I *know* you can use the 7.1 with the BV7-40, but the size of the TV is much larger....which was my point. 20cm wider, 10cm higher etc. Factor in the 7.2 which is designed for the 7-40 and it's a fair bit bigger.

• 10-01-2007 10:26 AM In reply to

gofer:
    Strange indeed. The set I was looking at was certainly playing Sky HD and the salesman said full HD and the connection was HDMI (although I could not see because of the cover).

Yes they tried to tell me that the MKII was Full HD, before I reminded them that it was only HD Ready.

If the display on the side is Red, it was a MKII, the MKIII has a white display.

p.

• 10-01-2007 4:42 PM In reply to

• gofer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-26-2007
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Good point. The LED was red. I will go back in and take issue at the weekend.
  • 10-03-2007 2:58 AM In reply to

in the review it mentions 4 hdmi's , is that true ?

if so , well done bno  ! 

popgear is grate™

• 10-03-2007 3:24 AM In reply to

Yes it will be just like the Beosystem 3.

The only difference I know about is there is only 1 DVI out for an external projector instead of 2... which is normal as there is already an internal screen.

p.

• 10-03-2007 3:27 AM In reply to

excellent !

this the bno tv i've been waiting for

any idea the price £ ? 

popgear is grate™

• 10-03-2007 3:29 AM In reply to

Same as the old one, plus probably the price of a Beo5 that is normally coming with it.
  • 10-03-2007 3:36 AM In reply to

last question , does it have dvb-t ( freeview ) built in ?

it's not realy a deal breaker considering the amazing connections that this tv has , but would help lower the cable clutter

i wonder how much they'd give me for a trade in on an avant 32dvd ? 

very excited by this , been waiting ages for bno to get their act together and suddenly they far exceed my expectations , very impressed !!!! 

popgear is grate™

• 10-03-2007 3:41 AM In reply to

The DVB-T/S decoder is on a optional internal module, but in countries where DBV-T is popular, the TV will be sold with the module by default. And the quoted price will include the module.

And yes you read it, it is a DVB-S module as well.

No DVB-C though, I think.

I have a BV7-32 and my dealer said I am better off selling it on eBay or though shops like Lifestyle AV.

• 10-03-2007 3:45 AM In reply to

thanks for the help !!

this tv sounds perfect - at last bno have reclaimed their position as makers of the best tv in the world !

this may well be the new avant !!! 

popgear is grate™

• 10-03-2007 3:53 AM In reply to

Yes, It is going to be hard to find anything to moan about this TV.

With an all digital chassis, for picture and sound, DVB-T/S module, Digital Surround 7.1, Brighter Full HD panel, 4 HDMI, Many other analog connections, Cinema module, ICEPower speakers, beautiful design, this is a hell of a TV.

A product without compromise - exactly what we expect from B&O.

p.

• 10-03-2007 3:56 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:

Yes, It is going to be hard to find anything to moan about this TV.

Even better....the price in the UK doesn't change! I wonder, if someone bought a BV7-40 in, say, August, how peeved they are going to be when they see the same TV, for the same price, with a much higher spec, weeks later?

I didn't ask if the UK price includes the DVB-T though.

• 10-03-2007 4:08 AM In reply to

DVB-T is standard - the price will be slightly higher to reflect this.

Are we not going to complain about the DVD player not being Blu-ray? Laughing

• 10-03-2007 4:15 AM In reply to

with 4 hdmi's you can attach a ps3 ( blu ray ) , xbox 360 ( hd dvd ) upscaling freeview box ( second dvb-t input - for pip etc ) and STILL have 1 free for your mac mini / imac / macbook pro so you can surf in the living room at full hd res

UTTERLY AMAZING SPEC - I'M BLOWN AWAY !!!! 

and that remote is SOOOOOO cool - who needs the ipod touch anyways ?? :D 

popgear is grate™

• 10-03-2007 9:04 AM In reply to

Let's not get too carried with euphoria.

We have yet to see the PQ(picture quality), and whether,as an LCD,it overcomes that technology's shortcomings-black levels,motion handling,viewing angle- versus Plasma.

• 10-03-2007 12:38 PM In reply to

i certainly don't have a problem with lcd , i've got two bravia's and from the bno's i've seen , they're more than up to the job

plasma has more problems than lcd imo - partic. the burn in that lcd will never suffer from

you should be rejoicing with me over the fact that bno have finally come into the 21st century with their rear conections rather than finding fault in the technology they're using which to no fault of their own is the predominant and financially most probable choice

viva bang & olufsen ! 

popgear is grate™

• 10-03-2007 2:32 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Peter:

DVB-T is standard - the price will be slightly higher to reflect this.

Are we not going to complain about the DVD player not being Blu-ray? Laughing

Do you no if DVB-T are about to be standard in Swedish models or extra ? Because it is no price change at all here in Sweden for the new BV 7..

(We did have a slight price correction with 15% in June this year.)

Fredrik L.

BL8000 MkII Black

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >