in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-05-2007 12:14 PM by Flappo The Grate. 57 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-03-2007 2:56 PM In reply to

Re: BV 7-40 Mk III Countdown- who get the first one in EU...?

Plasma has more problems? I beg you pardon??

The retentionproblem now is solved as far as I know and the horizontal resullution is my moving parts in the picture (TV often moves)  so much higher than LCD can give. Do you realise how less resolution is left on an LCD when there are movements? You would be shocked :-)

• 10-03-2007 4:52 PM In reply to

• David
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • England
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

My dealer emailed me today.This is what he wrote.....

Morning David,
    I did promise to let you know as soon as I had more information on the new version of BeoVision 7/40, I'm pleased to say our sample is due in on the 20th of this month!
    It was unveiled at the recent Bang & Olufsen conference in Berlin & the picture is simply amazing & I believe, unrivalled!
    The pre-release information received today is as follows:
    During the conference held in Berlin we demonstrated the new BeoVision 7-40 using the BeoSystem 3 chassis. This exciting upgrade offers a number of key benefits to the customer.

Firstly, the new chassis offers significant picture improvements. The detail and natural rendition of colours are enhanced to offer a truer, real to life picture experience.

A new picture improvement technology called Wide Colour Gamut is also being applied. This feature enhances the red, green and blue colours to offer a rich, vibrant picture. Bang & Olufsen then applies a skin tone correction feature to ensure that skin tones are not artificially enhanced and so maintain their true, natural colour.

The display has also been changed to Full-HD (1080 lines) and is a 'High Gloss' panel. This new High Gloss panel offers the customer richer, deeper blacks in daylight viewing conditions. The television maintains the anti-reflex coated contrast screen that you are familiar with.

All of the connections that you currently have in the BeoSystem 3 chassis will be available with the new BeoVision 7-40. Otherwise, the style and design of the television remains unchanged.

It has been decided to make DVB-T a standard feature of BeoVision 7-40 following this upgrade, offering the customer a complete, future proof solution.

We have removed Beo4 remote control from the packaging, giving the customers the choice of Beo4 or Beo5 remote control. We would recommend that Beo5 is offered where possible. In addition to our normal allocation, there are sufficient supplies of Beo5 to sell one with each BeoVision 7-40,.

The upgrade means the trade price has increased by the price of the DVB-T module. Bang & Olufsen UK has absorbed the price increase of the new Full-HD screen and BeoSystem 3 upgrade. Please find below the new part numbers and trade prices. You may place your orders on the system from Wednesday 3rd October on a first come first served basis.
    I do hope that you will be able to drop in and take a look & do please let me know if you would like any more info.
    Best regards, I hope you are keeping well,

Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, LG CX65, Beosystem 3, Beosound 9000, Beolab 3500

• 10-04-2007 3:16 AM In reply to

plasmas tend to be heavier , have huge glass fronts , use more power and suffer from image retention despite all the latest 'fixes'

lcd is the future , or a derivative of lcd - organic lcd is worth googling

even bno are making more lcd than plasma tvs as plasma is an old technology 

popgear is grate™

• 10-04-2007 4:06 AM In reply to

Flappo The Grate:

plasmas tend to be heavier , have huge glass fronts , use more power and suffer from image retention despite all the latest 'fixes'

lcd is the future , or a derivative of lcd - organic lcd is worth googling

even bno are making more lcd than plasma tvs as plasma is an old technology 

With the latest high quality Plasma panels,screen burn is really a thing of the past,as is image retention-witness Pioneer's 8G panels.

With all due respect,old does not necessarily mean inferior.

Why would Pioneer solely manufacture Plasmas(just read the reviews of the Kuro range) ,and Fujitsu concentrate on Plasma TVs,and introduce the high end Aviamo model?

Why would Panasonic in 2006 produce 3.4 million Plasma TVs,and open a new plant this year doubling capacity?

With regard to B & O,one will in due course be able to conduct a side by side comparison between the new BV7,and the BV9.

Then we will see how the "old" technology fares.

• 10-04-2007 10:40 AM In reply to

My dealer confirmed that the MKIII will be here in week 41. It is also in the new catalogue / magazine.......
    Just because it's mellow it doesn't mean it's less evil....
  • 10-04-2007 10:14 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

My BV 7-40 MK III Full HD Dark Grey has arrived to my dealer today!!!! SmileBig SmileStick out tongueWinkBeerParty!!!

But sadly  i´m in Borås at my girlfriends place over the weekend, so i can´t pick it up until Monday sadly Sad

I´m going to put upp some pictures and if you have some questions about the new BV 7-40 Full HD! Don´t be afraid to ask me!

I´m going to compare the two screens! The old MK II aginst the new MK III =) It´s going to be a very interesting test!! Coffee

(My dealer asked me if i wont the new Bo5 remote ? I have the Beo4 remote today and i´ts works fine to navigate the BV 7-40 i think.. I don´t have a "Beoliving" at home either.. My dealer didn't recommend the Beo5 because they have had many difficulty's to program it and more and more.. So i don´t now..)  

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-05-2007 6:44 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Anyone else received their new BV7 today?
  • 10-05-2007 12:14 PM In reply to

i bet you're too blown away to reply

from the JAWDROPPING spec i',m not too surprised ! 

can anyone think what to fill the 4 , yes FOUR hdmi's up with !? 

very impressive stuff , bno 

popgear is grate™

Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3