in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-14-2007 10:01 AM by seheiste. 75 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2007 2:39 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Today I got my Beo 5!

Does that mean you want two, Mobe?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-12-2007 3:21 PM In reply to

Only the one! I am not that greedy.. unlike some!

Please please please B&O god let me have one! 

• 09-12-2007 3:24 PM In reply to

One of those is mine!! Andy has very kindly picked it up for me as I would have problems getting to Manchester any time soon. We will be playing on Saturday!! Smile
  • 09-12-2007 3:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Spoil sport!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-12-2007 6:07 PM In reply to

• misled
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 66
    • Bronze Member

do you remember santiago with the beoplayer sw, great.

the beo5 configuration sw is very complicated to understand. now i have play 3 hours and i say woooowwwwww.

BVision10-46,BLab11,BSound5,BMaster5,BLab8000,BLab6000,BLab2500,BCom5,BCom6000,BeoTime,BeoPort,Beo4,Beo5

• 09-12-2007 6:23 PM In reply to

• misled
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 66
    • Bronze Member

hello santiago

the sw is 89mb big!!!!

i'm looking for you.

BVision10-46,BLab11,BSound5,BMaster5,BLab8000,BLab6000,BLab2500,BCom5,BCom6000,BeoTime,BeoPort,Beo4,Beo5

• 09-12-2007 10:43 PM In reply to

• Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toronto
    • Posts 29
    • Bronze Member

Only in the B&O bizarro world would people be eager to pay $800 for a remote control that is not programmable to control any other equipment (a feature available for 1/20th this price). To add to the insanity, they won't even give you the software to program it. Just a trip down the dealer every time you want to change something on it?
  • 09-13-2007 12:56 AM In reply to

misled:

hello santiago

the sw is 89mb big!!!!

i'm looking for you.

Hello misled, of course I remember the Beoplayer sw story !!  Yes -  thumbs up

I've already sent you a "private message" yesterday, look into your "Inbox" in this web, the link is just in the up right side of this page.

Thank you.

Santiago

• 09-13-2007 6:15 AM In reply to

Ryan:
    Only in the B&O bizarro world would people be eager to pay $800 for a remote control that is not programmable to control any other equipment (a feature available for 1/20th this price). To add to the insanity, they won't even give you the software to program it. Just a trip down the dealer every time you want to change something on it?

and be charged by the dealer to configure it...

• 09-13-2007 7:22 AM In reply to

I suppose the reason that we are willing to put up with the fact it won't directly control other makes is that this is simply not important to some of us. The only non B&O items I have are controlled by PUCs and hence integrate into the whole system. I wish to be able to access my sources throughout the house, and this is what the Beo5 is spectacularly good at. Other manufacturers codes would not be useful in this scenario.
  • 09-13-2007 7:25 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Can you hold down a red button and turn everything off still?

And if yes does it now turn off the LC2's too? (at the same time as everything else, before you ask)

• 09-13-2007 7:30 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Yes, everything off with a long press.
    No, not LCs, that would be a bad idea. How can you find your docking base with all the lights off?
    Same as all the other remotes in that respect.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-13-2007 7:34 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

jandyt:

How can you find your docking base with all the lights off?

See, I didnt think it through did I? 

• 09-13-2007 7:35 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

jandyt, while your on, can you confirm the price with the base was a mistake or not?

and what happens when you press DTV, have you got SKY+? 

• 09-13-2007 7:47 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I haven't queried the price yet. I do know that the dealer who orders ten Beo5s has to order ten bases too!
    Strangely, the base which is very basic comes in a fancy box just like the Beo5 box. There is no charger in the Beo5 box.
    Yes, when you press DTV the Sky+ box comes on too. That is, of course assuming you have a STB controller.
    My channel logos are not working yet, Peter and I are going to have a play on Saturday to see if we can sort this out. We will keep you posted.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-13-2007 9:12 AM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Santiago, could you also send a PM to me with the link to the sw. Ta very much! nlb.
  • 09-13-2007 9:54 AM In reply to

Sorry to be a killjoy but I have to do this.

'Beoworld will not be party to the dissemination of software that is designed only for use by dealers. We feel that B&O have limited its use for reasons that are clear and to prevent damage to customers' equipment. Until such a time that the software is authorised, we would hope that no member will use the forums on Beoworld to illegally distribute this software and will remove links posted on this forum.'

The software that is available is designed for use by the dealers and is probably not without bugs. If you do use it and something goes wrong, you will get no support from B&O so be it on your own heads! I have little doubt that a customer version will appear at some point or B&O will be happy with the stability and allow its release.

It seems strange that we are happy to rely on B&O to do the correct thing with our products but not trust their judgement about software. My experience of computers and software is that these are the most likely thing to cause problems, particularly when used by those not trained to work them!

• 09-13-2007 12:46 PM In reply to

• Fulgore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

Hi misled,

I guess that the software is win only? Or is there a chance(in form of a hybrid software) for macusers???

Greetings
  • 09-13-2007 5:37 PM In reply to

• misled
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 66
    • Bronze Member

Fulgore:
    Hi misled,

I guess that the software is win only? Or is there a chance(in form of a hybrid software) for macusers???

Greetings

yes, only win!!

• 09-14-2007 4:01 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Presumably then the sequence is:- switch off TV/radio/other by a long press of the red button, replace the Beo5 in its dock, then select lights and press off again for the LC2(s) to switch off?

Mmmmmmm and that's progress? 

• 09-14-2007 7:11 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

You have a point there,Kokomo.
    Guess we'll have to get B&O to make a wall charger we can keep near the doorway!Wink

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-14-2007 7:38 AM In reply to

Peter:

Sorry to be a killjoy but I have to do this.

'Beoworld will not be party to the dissemination of software that is designed only for use by dealers. We feel that B&O have limited its use for reasons that are clear and to prevent damage to customers' equipment. Until such a time that the software is authorised, we would hope that no member will use the forums on Beoworld to illegally distribute this software and will remove links posted on this forum.'

The software that is available is designed for use by the dealers and is probably not without bugs. If you do use it and something goes wrong, you will get no support from B&O so be it on your own heads! I have little doubt that a customer version will appear at some point or B&O will be happy with the stability and allow its release.

It seems strange that we are happy to rely on B&O to do the correct thing with our products but not trust their judgement about software. My experience of computers and software is that these are the most likely thing to cause problems, particularly when used by those not trained to work them!

Peter!

You have a point of course! 
    Beoworld should not disseminate this sw. But next thing we have to think about is when quetions about how to program the Beo 5 with the "banned" software starts comming up. Will we allow this or not? If not, I think there would be lots of good idéas and knowledge getting lost.

What do you all say?

/Ola
  • 09-14-2007 9:38 AM In reply to

B&Ola:
    What do you all say?

/Ola

Beo4

Page 3 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >